The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Good win by Chandler but like was said I could see him resigning with Bellator as he seems to be a company guy. Coker seems to be a fighers promoter and is rarely talked down upon by his fighters.

I mean we saw how Will Brooks UFC stint went.

^^^He might be a fighters promoter but how has the Bellator business grown since he assumed the helm?

I think he could be promoter/matchmaker but the status quo can’t remain the same. Bellator has to be a loss for Viacom.

I personally don’t like the freak show fights. I liked the tournaments they did. They definitely need to continue getting young talent.

The Black Beast is terrifying

hes in such good shape now and actually taking himself seriously

i dont think he could beat Stipe but itd be VERY interesting now

^^^Pit him against Rozenstruik or Overeem.

Or the Francis rematch (Francis is not mentally affected by the Stipe loss anymore).

I think the judge is still out on BB. Grapplers seem to still give him issues. His conditioning has always been terrible. In his defense he does look better. Probably lower body fat.

Stipe is probably the greatest HW. He can strike or wrestle (which we saw in the Francis fight). DC is more like a P4P great. His only losses are to the greatest LHW and HWs.

i mean he fought Latifi and Blagoynov

we always hear he cant deal with wrestlers but somehow they seem to get more tired trying to bring him down than he expends getting up then those late rounds come and his hands are as explosive as ever

I dont think any HWs wanna see him right now. none. i think he takes alexis head off tonight

Just looked at the “rankings”, forgot about Curtis Blaydes.

That’s another major matchup.

If BB wins, doesn’t take too much damage...maybe try to get on UFC 256. Full fight camp, opponent analysis, etc.

Personally, I’d call out Rozenstruik. Juniors boxing is still good. Blaydes can TKO and has good wrestling. Alistair has good striking and okay grappler.

I feel like I don’t even know his camp. His head coach. It almost feels like Lewis got out of prison, was probably a scrapper and was let me give this MMA thing a try. He’s starting to apply himself but he should follow the Brunson model and get with a legit team that are going to help develop him as a martial artist and game plan.

Houston’s not too far from Denver. 👀

^^^He might be a fighters promoter but how has the Bellator business grown since he assumed the helm?

I think he could be promoter/matchmaker but the status quo can’t remain the same. Bellator has to be a loss for Viacom.

I personally don’t like the freak show fights. I liked the tournaments they did. They definitely need to continue getting young talent.
Bellator is starting to become profitable thanks to dazn while getting their fighters 50% of their revenue compared to 16% in the ufc. Yes there’s obviously a revenue gap between the promotions but we’ve seen how stingy the ufc can be even with all the money they’re making

Factually Bellator is far and away the 2nd best promotion so you can’t really **** on them and ignore all the others. Bellator is a solid promotion imo and they have really fun and legitimate fighters. And a lot of these are not former ufc athletes

Here’s an in-depth article on their finances

Bellator is starting to become profitable thanks to dazn while getting their fighters 50% of their revenue compared to 16% in the ufc. Yes there’s obviously a revenue gap between the promotions but we’ve seen how stingy the ufc can be even with all the money they’re making

Factually Bellator is far and away the 2nd best promotion so you can’t really **** on them and ignore all the others. Bellator is a solid promotion imo and they have really fun and legitimate fighters. And a lot of these are not former ufc athletes

Here’s an in-depth article on their finances

Thank you for sharing that article.

Jon Morgan is a good analyst/reporter.

Crazy how these MMA promotions are not transparent.

And based on that article, it seems besides the UFC, they’re all posting losses.

DAZN came with that bag which is a plus.

But I think when I made my comments, I meant from a holistic gate + licensing + PPV perspective. They definitely have an okay TV deal.

I forgot how much the ESPN one is. It’s like $300 million annually. Huge delta. Plus they still do PPVs, EA video game deal, Venum apparel, pre COVID live gates, etc.

Chandler/Henderson was a short fight.

So does Chandler:

A) Resign w Bellator for $$$. Rematch Pitbull and have other medium level LW MMA fights.

B) Sign with UFC for probably less money. See how he does against high level LW MMA fighters (most likely not well).

C) Sign with a PFL, Rizin or One for $$$. Fight no name medium level talent or turd low levels.

And Vince. Your thoughts on the above HW sweepstakes?

Does anyone have any experience working for Bellator and potentially a contact. I would love to get into that side of the business and I’m local to the company.

Nice bounce back from mini Gastellum. Hands looking crisp but holy **** Munoz got a chin on him.

Back
Top Bottom