The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Whooooooooooooooooo what a card.

bunch a new fans here and tuning in on Saturday all got to see how UNPREDICTABLE this game is

Sports betters/oddsmakers HATE mma lol

and the reason why I LOVE IT so much.

poirer got about 2-3fights left

1. Title fight
2. McGregor Trilogy
3. Money fight (nate?)

perfect way to end his career....if he can capture that undisputed belt, man this dood needs a movie.

for all my dustin fans if you haven’t seen FIGHTVILLE, I suggest y’all check it out, it’s a documentary on him and a couple other fighters from Louisiana came out almost 10 years ago and mega relevant today seeing as to what transpired on Saturday!
MV5BMjA3MTU3ODQ0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQwNDY1Nw@@._V1_.jpg

The trilogy bag is too tempting for Dustin

He probably saw the numbers he got on the points. He might never make that again if McGregor’s career falls off.

In his mind he just beat him, so he can probably do it again.

This is what I was thinking, just like when conor and nate ran it back. That build up and money to be made is hard to pass up on.

I know nate and dustin were supposed to fight in 2019....seems like dustin wants to put some closure to that.

It also makes sense seeing as Nate has a win over conor also, a win over nate (and conor)....would catapult Poirer in terms of popularity and optics with the casuals and sponsors.

Nate diaz became a household name over night when he beat McGregor.

nate is so irrelevant at 155, of course khabib didnt want anything to do with irrelevancy

and if conor were to fight him again, its not going to be at 155

I wasn’t able to get in here the night of the fight, but let me tell you RIGHT NOW, this post is all about slandering Connor McNugget! I’m OVERJOYED by the fact that Dustin destroyed that clown! McNugget is a fraud and I’m tired of him and all his nonsense! That man has been allowed to do some terrible things in the sport and still be given a pass! He damn near ended Rose’s career singlehandedly. He got that chin tuned up and went down easy! THANK YOU DUSTIN! You are a gentleman and a scholar!

giphy.gif

I’d say give Whitaker/Costa interim title. Whitaker will win. But Costa going to deliver CTE.

1.6 million PPV = points + $1 million pay. Of corse, Dustin will finish the trilogy.

I think WME/UFC could capitalize off Dustins win by giving him Diaz. Give Conor the Ferguson fight. Justin/Olivera for the title.

Oh no... no no no... Ben what is you doin baby? Askren gunna go out the saddest of all the MMA fighters for a cpl hundred k... his star status isnt even there anymore. his tweets get like a few hundred impressions. dont understand for either side....

Paul will face former UFC fighter Ben Askren in an eight-round pro boxing match on April 17, Triller co-founder Ryan Kavanaugh told ESPN.

The fight will take place under the Triller Fight Club banner and will serve as the main event. The location of the event, which will air on traditional pay-per-view platforms, hasn't been finalized yet.

Either Askren going to lose to a youtuber or Paul going to lose to someone that has Ronda level striking. Hate them both so either way I’m here for it.

Ben was such a bad representative of the UFC that it doesn't matter if he gets KO'd by a youtuber. I just hope Ben uses his wrestling.......oh wait :lol:. Well, hopefully he's getting a check that is decent for the embarrassment.

Ben was such a bad representative of the UFC that it doesn't matter if he gets KO'd by a youtuber. I just hope Ben uses his wrestling.......oh wait :lol:. Well, hopefully he's getting a check that is decent for the embarrassment.
Yep I don't blame Ben at all for taking this fight, if he loses its oh well I got a check and don't even market myself as a high level striker. If he wins its oh look this Paul guy couldn't even beat a wrestler with low level boxing. Considering he doesn't have a huge fanbase it could only potentially make headlines if he gets knocked out like Nate Robinson.

Since khabib is done for now Dana needs to put the belt on dustin. He’s the true champion and obvious best active lightweight in the world

His resume>>Conor’s

Imo dustin is the second best lightweight of all time
Dustin has definitely fought a who's who in the LW division and had a decent run at FW as well. He's the uncrowned champ at LW for me right now. I'm guessing his next fight is for the title whether it's against Conor again, Oliveira or Chandler.

I did see Conor is awaiting x rays so his medical suspension could be up to 6 months. If that happens I really hope they give Dustin a vacant title shot by spring instead of them potentially waiting until July/August if they are really bent on making the Conor trilogy happen.

Conor ain’t getting a title shot. He’s 1-2 at 55 coming off a knockout loss.

He gets fed to the top dogs now, lets see how he fair....

and water is wet lol

mike perry should take notes, BJ got decades invested in the debauchery game.

but like someone mentioned a few pages back...what do you expect from someone who gets/got paid to fight for a living? These aren’t exactly “nice guys”

Back
Top Bottom