The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

That is like water cooler talk that should be spoken off camera. I just think it's dumb to even say that on a podcast and assume it won't come back to bite you in the butt. I doubt he will get in serious trouble but UFC could tell him to watch what he says in the future.
Right. Why would you go down that road. Especially if there’s family involved that’s a line that you don’t want to cross. Seemed so unnecessary on top of it

I think she more insulted that the dood talking down on her look like a swamp rat with a chinstrap :lol:

WOOD. ALL 5 ROUNDS
A88489A4-8726-43ED-92E7-B57ADD804E9E.gif

Just watched Adesanya vs Costa again. The speed that Isreals mind operates at under duress is unreal.

Out here bending mother ****ers STYLES and ****!!!!

Double champ??? 👀

If izzy can capture that 205 belt in march, I bet jones puts off the HW debut and drops back down to 205. Maybe dana sets up THE BIGGEST MMA FIGHT EVER in June/july/august? Jon is going to have to wait until at least then to fight the winner of stipe/francis anyway. Would make sense for izzy seeing as Jon has been out for a while, might be his best crack at Jones. If he looses he still keeps his 85 strap and continues to defend down there, the RARE win-win MMA scenario.

Last edited:
Out here bending mother ****ers STYLES and ****!!!!

Double champ??? 👀

If izzy can capture that 205 belt in march, I bet jones puts off the HW debut and drops back down to 205. Maybe dana sets up THE BIGGEST MMA FIGHT EVER in June/july/august? Jon is going to have to wait until at least then to fight the winner of stipe/francis anyway. Would make sense for izzy seeing as Jon has been out for a while, might be his best crack at Jones. If he looses he still keeps his 170 strap and continues to defend down there, the RARE win-win MMA scenario.
If Dana can pull off that Izzy vs Jones fight this summer, that is the biggest fight we can get

Man if this fight comes together it will be historical. The pre fight press conference will get grimey... And the fight will be a display of natural ability, technique, heart and ruthlessness.

If izzy can handle business in march , dana will absolutely make it happen. He’s already been on record saying that is THE FIGHT to make in 21.

Everybody at that level is skilled and experienced. I think what gives Adesanya his edge is the mental warfare. If you listen to any of his post fight pressers it's clear that he is in war mode long before training camp and weighins. He is always analysing, working for an edge and studying every encounter with his foes. Basically he is always "on"

Easy to root for Jan cause he's one of the good guys in the game... but damn, Izzy's about to mop the floor with that man.

Ain't no way in hell Bones going to waste all that time adding the 45lbs of muscle and pico, just to cut back down to 205 :lol:

Both him and his coach said he's done at LHW.

Reactions: OTG

Those calf kicks two years back. Crazy on the night Conor succumbed to it that Hooker tried to do the same thing to Chandler. He’s experienced it. Like Porier so knows how to deal with it.

Easy to root for Jan cause he's one of the good guys in the game... but damn, Izzy's about to mop the floor with that man.

Ain't no way in hell Bones going to waste all that time adding the 45lbs of muscle and pico, just to cut back down to 205 :lol:

Both him and his coach said he's done at LHW.
i was wondering why everyone forgot dude spent the past 8+ months putting on weight... dropping down that fast seems like a terrible idea :lol:

Those calf kicks two years back. Crazy on the night Conor succumbed to it that Hooker tried to do the same thing to Chandler. He’s experienced it. Like Porier so knows how to deal with it.

I hadn't seen that fight. Those calf kicks are something different especially if they affect the nerve. The first time I can recall one of those causing a dead foot was Demetrius Vs Cejudo. Big props to Henry for toughing through it and keep fighting.

Besides getting out of the way. Not sure what tech there is to defend. Much different than the insane Weidman check to Anderson. Maybe that’s why Aldo doesn’t kick as much. Just has to adjust to the calf and he’s back in business. Could probably wash BW.

Besides getting out of the way. Not sure what tech there is to defend. Much different than the insane Weidman check to Anderson. Maybe that’s why Aldo doesn’t kick as much. Just has to adjust to the calf and he’s back in business. Could probably wash BW.

I posted this a few pages back.

"The best counter I saw for it is from Felder. He takes the calf kick and turns with it follows up with a spinning elbow/fist. I drilled it a few times works good."

Daddy Dana saying him and Holland are realy close now... interesting.

Good for him, might get that rocket pack on his back and end up fighting for a title at 185 within 18 months of breaking in.

Covid may have robbed Leon and khmazat.

Just peeped the UFC card next weekend. It's lowkey really good

Sandhagen v Frankie
Pantoja v Kape
Ferreira 6 fight win streak v Darieush 5 fight win streak

It's looking good. Alot of times these cards without big name value turn out to have the best fights.

Sandhagen is a skilled individual, he is ready to die in there. I still don't understand how he didn't tap to that armbar against Iuri Alcantara.

Honest answer from Burroughs. I always expected him to come over to MMA and was wondering why he never committed

“I’ve been close,” Burroughs said about potentially fighting in MMA when speaking to Joe Rogan. “Mostly the lady outside, my wife Lauren, is the one that’s talked me out of it. When I graduated from college in 2011, University of Nebraska, wrestling was still in its infancy of marketing and branding and really making it a professional career. MMA was the new kid on the block and it was growing and expanding and we had a lot of our guys transitioning in — Henry Cejudo, Ben Askren, Daniel Cormier and so I really thought about it.

“OK, I’m going to wrestle in the Olympics in 2012, win the gold and then I’m going to make the transition to MMA. I’m going to be 25 years old, I’ll have plenty of time and then I met Lauren and she was like ‘you’re doing well in the sport, stay here, stay comfortable.’ It’s a different sport MMA in comparison to wrestling but it’s a good thing.”

“I think about going to MMA until I see a guy like ‘Platinum’ Mike Perry get his whole thing split, nose crooked and I’m like I’m good,” Burroughs said. “In wrestling, you lose, you get taken down, pushed out, you get pinned.

“In fighting, you lose, you get something broken, choked out, tapped, unconscious. It’s a very, very different sport. Wrestling, you score as many points as possible doing the least damage as possible. In MMA, I feel like it’s different.”

Back
Top Bottom