The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

I don’t feel bad for that mom and pop shop. Hopefully they’re making a comfortable living with their schtick. One parades around like a pro wrestling pretending to be Mean Gene or Brother Love in this new media generation (which means no nuance or journalistic talent). The other part of the shop asks the same soft ball questions while flaunting T&A.

I've only seen one Erceg fight (his last one) but it was impressive. Can see why he's getting the shot being 3-0 in UFC and an Aussie but wow that card really needs a true headliner. Them stacking the deck so much on 299-300 leaving options thin.

Just proves the ufc just needs bodies to fill these fights including main event championship bouts.. absolutely insane. Dude is ranked 10

I’m not saying dude can’t win but he absolutely doesn’t deserve it. There’s at least a few names that should fight but I don’t know if they’re injured

Rankings don’t matter. Merit doesn’t matter. I think we need to all understand that once and for all

Also if kape didn’t miss weight he would be another who is probably ahead

I’m assuming Albazi is hurt and Mokaev just can’t do the quick turn around?

If Mokaev finished Perez he would've gotten it. Even he knew he wasn't ready for Pantoja, calling for Royval. Everyone else just aint available, booked, or apantoja beat already.

Kape ****ed himself blowing weight so bad. This would've been his shot. Even if he was only say half a pound over, I think they would've still gave it to him. Can't just trust the dude for a title fight when he came in as heavy as he did.

I will say if Pantoja is the main event boy did they book him the tougher fight. At this point of their careers Ercegg has a real good chance at upsetting Pantoja than Mokaev.

Just proves the ufc just needs bodies to fill these fights including main event championship bouts.. absolutely insane. Dude is ranked 10

I’m not saying dude can’t win but he absolutely doesn’t deserve it. There’s at least a few names that should fight but I don’t know if they’re injured

Rankings don’t matter. Merit doesn’t matter. I think we need to all understand that once and for all
Just poor timing really. UFC shot themselves in the foot with the aggressive fight night schedule and stacking UFCs 298-300.
Mmafighting threw around Costa vs pereria next would have been hilarious

This is wild. Pereira just fought. He didn’t take a lot of damage but quick turn around. I hope they’re doing right by these fighters who have to quickly turn around.
If Mokaev finished Perez he would've gotten it. Even he knew he wasn't ready for Pantoja, calling for Royval. Everyone else just aint available, booked, or apantoja beat already.

Kape ****ed himself blowing weight so bad. This would've been his shot. Even if he was only say half a pound over, I think they would've still gave it to him. Can't just trust the dude for a title fight when he came in as heavy as he did.
Mokaev might have turned it down. Short turn around. Plus he’s boring lol. Pantoja is a great champion, open to any challenger. Great martial arts spirit
I will say if Pantoja is the main event boy did they book him the tougher fight. At this point of their careers Ercegg has a real good chance at upsetting Pantoja than Mokaev.
I just watched Erceg’s first three UFC fights. He got thrown into the deep end of the pool quick. Two of his first two opponents were top 10. Costa was super game.

Astroboy has slick hands, movement and grappling. He can get hit. But he’s not a huge underdog. Underdog yes.

Great training vid but his issue in the Strickland fight (and everyone’s criticism overall) is his being tentative as a counter striker. Sometimes you have to be the aggressor. Sometimes you have to go to your prey instead of letting it come to you. Course in Strickland’s case, he did come to him. Had no answer for the constant checked leg kicks, front kick and stiff jab.

Back
Top Bottom