The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

pretty good night of fights

OSP chin hella suspect. he didnt fight the hands or tap cuz he was still rocked.

i get it latifi is a monster but that punch had no leverage and was partially blocked.

the main event was cool but yea not sure he gets the finish there if it werent for the combo breaker of illegal strikes

So apparently if the fighter puts his head in a position to get struck in the back of the head then it's not illegal, that's the explanation I heard on the broadcast by dc and Cruz

Plus in real time Emmett was evading and moving his head so it was difficult for the ref to catch those, again just unfortunate gray area of mma

Overall I'm not even close to saying it's a tainted win or that there should be a rematch, Stephens should now be 1 win away from a title shot. Give him Korean zombie

Josie needs to go back go back to the drawing board and take a lesser opponent and take a 3 round fight if possible

I question when he'll return

Although I make fun of the guy he’s definitely still better than everyone not named McGOAT & Blessed

Josie's mentally done.

Stated numerous times he wansts to be done with MMA asap. Still a legend, but the lasting memory of him will be him crying after 13 seconds with Conor.

I fully believe Josie is done from being a champ. I just can't foresee a spiritual and physical revival that would elevate him over 145 and 155 champs

So at this point I'm not sure what more there is left for him in the sport. Other than if he really needs to fight mma cuz he's hard wired, but I think he can go to boxing and try something new he's always said mma isn't a life long thing

This whole idea of going over to boxing as a 31 year old fading MMA fighter with a possibly questionable chin and a definitely questionable gas tank just doesn't seem like the move to me. And Aldo is my guy. But he doesn't have the cachet to get an immediate big money boxing fight just off his name like Conor, he'll actually have to work his way up. I guess mentally it'll be a reset for him but that's gonna be a tough road.

I do think he's done in MMA though, I don't think his heart is in it anymore

It's not like Aldo is going to go straight into boxing against a top world ranked fighter

It may "not be the move to you" but that's not the point, he's mentioned going over to boxing many times, so it's not a terribly unsafe wager that he'd find himself in a ring

I highly doubt he'll retire from combat sports at this point so if his heart isn't in mma then bjj/boxing seem pretty likely

It's not like Aldo is going to go straight into boxing against a top world ranked fighter

It may "not be the move to you" but that's not the point, he's mentioned going over to boxing many times, so it's not a terribly unsafe wager that he'd find himself in a ring

I highly doubt he'll retire from combat sports at this point so if his heart isn't in mma then bjj/boxing seem pretty likely

It not being the move to me is indeed the point, it's why I wrote the damn post. In my opinion, it's not a great move.

And you saying he won't go in against a top ranked fighter goes exactly to my point, "he doesn't have the cachet to get an immediate big money boxing fight just off his name like Conor, he'll actually have to work his way up". That's a grind for a 31 year old who may have seen better days.

If he truly wants to do it of course it'll get done, he's already been working with Robert Garcia, but it doesn't look like a move that has a ton of upside to me. I wish the guy the best though.

Wherever Aldo goes if it's outside of MMA I don't know if the end goal would to become champ or anything like that. More so of a mental shakeup and to do something fresh and new to reset himself. I don't know if money would even necessarily be his driving force, so having a big money fight might be irrelevant say in boxing

connie been ignoring him so he had to run back to the arms of his first love

Brock is a state champ wrestler, if he can avoid getting hit and secure a take down could be a long night for francis.

Brock washed tho, so i think he gets ko'd

dana after looking at the past couple ppv numbers, is going to give brock the blank check to fill out :lol:

brock was a national champ. if he can do what he did vs hunt (take steroids and avoid the big punch), he's gonna dribble francis head against the mat and ride him for 15m.

wme sure as hell didnt pay 4B to have cards like romero/rockhold main eventing a ppv :lol:

Last edited:
Has there ever been a more sudden and dramatic fall from grace than Aldo?

I mean, people had him legitimately in the P4P GOAT discussion ... I hated him and still believed wholeheartedly that he was one of the greatest ever ... And while he still is one of the top guys historically, Conor took his entire life ... Damn near his soul ... With one left hook ...

he was never that good. how many more Brazilians need be exposed before yall realize they were all juicing hah

barao used to be a p4p goat too lulz

Back
Top Bottom