The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Has there ever been a more sudden and dramatic fall from grace than Aldo?

I mean, people had him legitimately in the P4P GOAT discussion ... I hated him and still believed wholeheartedly that he was one of the greatest ever ... And while he still is one of the top guys historically, Conor took his entire life ... Damn near his soul ... With one left hook ...

i dont even know what kind of thinking this is. its as if theres some sort of assumption that theres some non-existant undefeated "GOAT" in mma

if there is, i havent seen him

the game eventually catches up to everyone

I mean, people had him legitimately in the P4P GOAT discussion ... I hated him and still believed wholeheartedly that he was one of the greatest ever ... And while he still is one of the top guys historically, Conor took his entire life ... Damn near his soul ... With one left hook ...

I don't think it was that drastic TBH. He did beat Frankie after his loss to Conor..and everyone knows FE is no walk in the park. I don't think his loss to Holloway was that bad neither. Max is that young kid on the up and was ended up beating Aldo twice. Max has been ALWAYS been a prospect to become champ..so I can't say it was too surprising. I wouldn't say Aldo is washed yet...will need to see how he does in a 3-round fight against a perennial top 5-7 guy. Maybe match him up with Cub or Lamas?

Barao was never the P4P goat. That was just hype since no one knew who he was and Cruz was out at the time. Hard to market someone while the real champ is out injured. He was undefeated for years..yes. But I don't really think that streak contained anyone too significant (pre-UFC).

This is why bellator can't have nice things

For their 200th card in England, they're gonna air it in the United States on tape delay

Mousasi will get the MW title shot
Michael page returns for the first time since November 2016 against another no name

The fact that they cannot get michael page vs paul Daley done is an absolute failure, especially since this card will be in England

jesus no one must want to fight Page

i too thought the long layoff was cuz they were sorting out a "superfight"

damn. cmon Dana cut the check. he needs to be in the UFC now. the fact hes more focused on bringin that juice monkey Brock back is sad.

yeah, Daley vs MVP would have been clutch in England, but I think Daley said on MMA Hour a few weeks back that he is trying to leave Bellator.

Damn. Life came at him fast. He was on cloud 9 after beating llamas and now he’ll be out for awhile.
Tough loss for Emmett, also heard he's appealing the loss but I'm sure that will get denied. While those two elbows did look illegal Emmett was moving his head and I didn't think they we're as bad as some said. The fight could have been stopped earlier though. That knee by Stephens was really sketchy and if it fully connected he def should have been dq'd. At this point he should be one win away from a titleshot. Maybe give him Elkins as no one else is really on a good win streak outside of Frankie and Ortega whose scrap should setup a match with Max once he's healthy.

Edit: KZ fighting Stephens makes too much sense right now. Considering Jeremy already beat Elkins.

Falls from grace??

Anderson’s was a lot worse imo. With the PED scandals and all...

I don’t think Aldo’s situation is that bad. His only loses are to champions. He got flash K.O’d by Conor, beat Frankie and then got beat up by Max twice.

He’s just at the end of the road.

So, they're matching up Benavidez, who's been off for over a year with Sergio Pettis

Pettis just lost to Cejudo

Wonder what their plans are for Cejudo then

So, they're matching up Benavidez, who's been off for over a year with Sergio Pettis

Pettis just lost to Cejudo

Wonder what their plans are for Cejudo then

DJ vs Cejudo 2.

I don’t see the DJ vs Dillashaw fight happening unless TJ takes a tune up fight.

Bucholtz officially leaves team alpha male

This comes after recently he made comments saying he was disappointed in not being considered the head coach anymore and then faber replying in a not so buddy buddy way

We'll see how this impacts guys like Cody who seemed to really bloom under bucholtz

Frankie Edgar’s manager is saying that McGOAT wanted the UFC to create a 165 Pound Title if he had stepped in to fight the Answer :lol:

And he basically threw his management under the bus.

Yup, it’s over...

And Dana doesn’t like Jon enough to grease their pockets like he would for Brock. ::Shrugs::

This is hard to watch.

Jon Jones said:
"'Slight' judgement issues"
Understatement of the Year! It's not even March yet.

:rofl::lol:
Bro. I'm not watching, just reading updates from another thread. WTF is he doing?!? Did they even slightly prepare for this??? This ***** wildin. How you open up to this with a joke?

Back
Top Bottom