The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Yeah. This weekend card looks dope. Good e
Alvarez v Poirier ought to be violent.

Joanna and Aldo really need the win, going on a three fight skid would mess with their head.

I agree. Crazy to see all these guys fight on Fox rather than pay per view but I believe at least Joanna can come back.

Joanna never should have got the rematch in the first place.

Same with Aldo, both got beat fair and square the first time

Joanna never should have got the rematch in the first place.

Same with Aldo, both got beat fair and square the first time
100% agreed with Joanna but that division is pretty shallow. Also to be fair, Aldo was a replacement for Edgar in the rematch with Max. He's in almost a must-win fight this weekend or his stock will fall way down.

Speaking of bad cards, if 228 doesn't get a proper headliner like Twood/Colby its looking extremely weak. While the Yair/Zabit fight should be good and possibly Rivera/Dodson the card needs a shot in the arm badly.

Silva said he ain’t ever heard of Israel lol
Yeah, which he really may not have. I know he wants to take a rest and prefers fighting close to home. Which is a bummer because if he wants to get to that next level he's going to have to get used to fighting in North America more often

Actually sad Till getting the shot. Wanted Woodley to mail Colby so bad

Oh whale, Woodley gonna cook Till too. I sincerely don't see anybody beating Woodley any time soon. Best shot was that first Wonderboy fight

Colby deserves the shot smh and it’s a fight fans want to see

Unless Colby can’t fight in 2018 then it makes no sense. I feel like Colby would bring in more money than till at this stage too

Looks like they were really desperate to fill that card but without specifics it seems very ill advised

Wouldn't underestimate Till, his striking is just as tricky as WB's but with the KO power he lacks. Wouldn't be surprised to see him employ a ranged strike strategy like Rory did vs Woodley, that's if he can defend Woodle's TD

Given that Till is a massive WW (here's to hoping he makes weight) will be interesting to see TWood's approach. Not sure he can keep Till down. Maybe Twood will be forced to stand and strike.

Hilarious at Covington getting stripped his trash talk is cringeworthy anyway, why even bother with interim belts.

Dana being Dana

Prematurely announcing fights and stripping interim titles after 1 month when an interim title probably wasn't needed to begin with

Ironically, when the Woodley v Till fight was first reported, it wasn't official and Woodley said he had never been offered the fight.. and now.. it's official

Back
Top Bottom