The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Yup, I think this gonna do 2 mill PPV's

"If you have any doubt that UFC 229 will be among the biggest financial events in UFC history, live ticket sales say that you shouldn’t.

Tickets were put on sale to the public Friday, after a presale that started two days earlier for UFC Fight Club members. By the three-minute mark, the company had already sold enough tickets to where it will be the second largest live event gate in the history of the sport."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ut-already-second-largest-gate-in-ufc-history

This weekends main event should be a barn burner. Gaethje def needs a big W. Vick's reach could be the factor though. Justin likely wouldn't get cut since his fights are so exciting but I'm interested to see if he changes his approach in this one after getting KO'ed twice in a row.

dont feel bad for this dood, hes doing what he signed up for...entertaining the **** outta us.

Yall can talk about his loses all yall want, but dood is must watch. Gatje is easily one of the best fights to watch in the UFC right now WIN OR LOOSE. I think when you have been watching combat sports of any kind for long enough you learn to really appreciate the performances these guys do or don't put on. Alot of casual fans and new comers get caught up in W's and belts, but there are layers to the ****e...

when it comes to performing live in front of millions of eyes with money and resources involved, some dudes just got that clutch MJ gene...

its one thing to fight another human being its another thing to fight another human being in front of millions of people with millions of dollars and hours involved and to do so in an impressive fashion.

when you take that in mind and put some of these doods runs and careers in perspective....its nuts

Na, lll conutine to feel bad for him, his long term health and his life after fighting

Doesn’t mean I don’t like watching him perform, he’s definitely a warrior and a lightweight version of lawler

Win or Loose Gathje is definitely a must watch. As far as being a top lightweight, he’s far from it and with the damage he takes, I wouldn’t be surprised if he can’t form full sentences by 40.

Mad props to the guy, hardnose tough as nails fighter. Nothing but respect for that guy.

I got Vick winning by TKO or decision. Guys been silently creeping up the ranks. His time will come.

I been said Vick is coming, yall laughed. This fight will tell us alot

Hes a matchup nightmare. Zero idea how someone can be so naturally slender that makin 155 at 6 foot 3 is not problematic at all

Vick got next. Hope a W against Gaethje will give him more big name fights. I wanna see him against Kevin Lee

That sucks for me as a fan. I know getting paid as much as he can was his priority but he wasted his career in that b-league. I don’t want to hear him or others talk about how he could beat khabib.

Yeah, it’s difficult to entertain legacies of guys who never fought in the ufc

I never bought into the idea that Eddie Alvarez or Gilbert Melendez were the number 1 lightweights in the world when they were outside the ufc. I will never agree with anyone proclaiming Chandler would do this or that, just how it is

All three great fighters but there’s that ceiling you hit if you’re not in the ufc

Back
Top Bottom