The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

What was it that Connor said about khabib? Where can I find the vid or what do I search for?

Yo also for a guy like khabib who is really good with grappling if he went up against somebody with really good bjj would that be a good match or no? Who do you think would be a good fight for khabib next?

Conor called Khabib’s manager a terrorist, his dad a coward, and his brother a rat.

Khabib would also dismantle someone with great BJJ imo... his grappling is really next level. Dude is just too strong. I thought Conor would be his toughest fight... I also think he mauls Tony Ferguson who is the next best LW other than Conor

The gap between the lowest and highest levels of grappling is MUCH larger than the gap between the lowest and highest levels of striking

One would need to be extraordinarily well versed in both to make sure a grandiose statement.

In Conor’s last 2 fights he’s seen both and realistically was dominated in both.

And he’s a “striker”.

What was it that Connor said about khabib? Where can I find the vid or what do I search for?

Yo also for a guy like khabib who is really good with grappling if he went up against somebody with really good bjj would that be a good match or no? Who do you think would be a good fight for khabib next?
tony has excellent bjj and should be khabib next fight if he doesnt retire.

Learning to grapple is much harder than learning to strike imo. But what Khabib has over a lot of other fighters is the sambo background which is much more violent than bjj imo. His chin has been trained over years and tonight was a perfect example. Like khabib said "If sambo was easy it would be called jiu jitsu"

The real match up people wanted to see was khabib vs Tony. Tony can push the pace with khabib. Khabib is great on top, Tony is great on the bottom

Tonight confirmed my belief that Tony would wash khabib. That pressure and pace is completely different than khabibs. He gave Pettis zero room to breathe

Connor looked bad on every level. He at no point was doing anything worth a damn. Round 3 was bib resting up for the last 2 knowing Connor was done. I guess Connor was drunk during the fight

One would need to be extraordinarily well versed in both to make sure a grandiose statement.

In Conor’s last 2 fights he’s seen both and realistically was dominated in both.

And he’s a “striker”.
I stand by my statement. Hence why you typically see more grapplers become better strikers than strikers become better grapplers. There's empirical evidence in the UFC. See: Fabricio Werdum vs Anthony Pettis

The real match up people wanted to see was khabib vs Tony. Tony can push the pace with khabib. Khabib is great on top, Tony is great on the bottom

Tonight confirmed my belief that Tony would wash khabib. That pressure and pace is completely different than khabibs. He gave Pettis zero room to breathe
Pettis tagged tony and had that fool on the ground looking like he lost his glasses. Now I agree with you that Tony is slippery on bottom and has endurance but Khabibs grip strength is leagues above anything Tony has faced. He'd have to wear Khabib out on the mat and I just can't see that happening.

D6E092EE-B327-435E-AF47-413E6E795BBE.jpeg

Learning to grapple is much harder than learning to strike imo. But what Khabib has over a lot of other fighters is the sambo background which is much more violent than bjj imo. His chin has been trained over years and tonight was a perfect example. Like khabib said "If sambo was easy it would be called jiu jitsu"
Well yes but kinda if you take UFC “strikes” as just that and not as boxing. UFC “striking” is just head hunting. No real setup or technicality for the majority of fighters

I stand by my statement. Hence why you typically see more grapplers become better strikers than strikers become better grapplers. There's empirical evidence in the UFC. See: Fabricio Werdum vs Anthony Pettis

And I stand by mine.

If you’re not extraordinarily skilled in both, you probably don’t know what you’re talking about.

im just glad we can stop all this fake champ stuff for khabib, yall haters knew this guy was worthy and should have just accepted it
He was worthy, but it was just sad not seeing tony or conor as khabibs opponent. To be the true champ he needed to beat one of them

All questions answered now

I rooted for Khabib you goof, why would I be mad? I questioning you to make a sensible argument, which you seem incapable of doing.
What argument is there to be had? I said Conor didnt have power/ his left didnt exist this fight. Is it that hard to comprehend? Leave me alone lol

Back
Top Bottom