The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Press conference was shameful. Bunch of new "content creators" trying to get their viral moment. Someone really asked Dana to sign the cup that Derrick threw at them.

The Future of MMA media in a nutshell.
It’s been trending this way for years now

Scripted questions basically just a PR event

I don’t expect much from the media anyway - the ufc practices are now cemented. There’s zero point in having it be treated like a regular sport

Pressers are what they are. Gotta just take them for what they’re worth. You still get good candid moments from fighters- that’s the important aspect

Media still ask fighters great questions and hard questions

Anything from Dana I’m not trying to have the media grill him or ask him hard hitting questions. That wouldn’t accomplish anything

Press conference was shameful. Bunch of new "content creators" trying to get their viral moment. Someone really asked Dana to sign the cup that Derrick threw at them.

The Future of MMA media in a nutshell.
1000%. Ol Nina, MMAguru, and Schmo.

Them questions are cringey. Nobody wants to ask the tough questions.

Should ask him what he thought of Schultz’s comments? Ask him why they really won’t leave the APEX.

Ask them why they’re going to sell out to the Saudis.

What hasn't been said bruvs. Topic been beat to death and Ariel annoying *** been at the forefront with his crusades

Luke Thomas has the right mindset to how the UFC moves. He doesn't waste his time complaining about why the sky is blue, he barely even acknowledges it because it's pointless

Now if the anti trust case was able to make meaningful change that would be a completely different story. But it literally did the opposite and strengthened the UFC's position

Aggregate news.

DJ talks his UFC video game check.

Missed the Suga/Conor back and forth.

Cuban prospect gets dunked on by Dana.

Bisping slurping Conor and putting down Buckley call out.

Wouldn’t be mad at Buckley/Burns.

Buckley missed his opportunity calling out shavkat, make the most out of your mic time and shoot for the boogeyman

What hasn't been said bruvs. Topic been beat to death and Ariel annoying *** been at the forefront with his crusades

Luke Thomas has the right mindset to how the UFC moves. He doesn't waste his time complaining about why the sky is blue, he barely even acknowledges it because it's pointless

Now if the anti trust case was able to make meaningful change that would be a completely different story. But it literally did the opposite and strengthened the UFC's position

Guess it’s a tale of two cities.

I think Luke is being realistic given what history has shown us. Ariel tends to be this idealistic person. I'll say he's definitely shed light on a lot of the injustices in the sport, eg fighter pay, profit sharing, gloves, scoring, etc.

I agree. Instead of addressing the monopolistic issues in the UFC, things have gotten worse. And now we have "fake" meme characters at press conferences lol.

Last edited:
Ariel likes to hear himself talk and go on pointless rants about the same issues the ufc has had for forever

He complains about the obvious and stuff that will never change

Specifically about media being pr- like what does it matter. No actual legal body is going to hold them responsible for their practices

Just shut the hell up sometimes and talk about the fights and fighters

Does the media not get to ask fighters honest hard hitting questions? No they still ask them anything they want to

Yea Ariel's rants are getting very repetitive, we know no one loves these Apex cards but we do know why the UFC keeps holding them. Also, speaking of Cherneka Johnson, check out this sequence. I was trying to watch the Loma fight on ESPN+ Sat night and while fast forwarding I happened on the announcement for the Johnson fight and was wondering wtf did I just watch (ESPN+ is terrible but yea won't harp on that lol).

Back
Top Bottom