The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Pico coming out to the presser was interesting. I respect fighters who do this after being badly knocked out. He wants a top 5 opponent next

Dude is creepy

Okamoto wondered if it was smart to ask for a top 5 opponent: "Should you take lesser opponents?"

Pico: "Sure give me lesser opponents, OK give me lesser opponents. There's going to be a hefty hospital bill because I will really hurt somebody ****ing bad. I will hurt someone with the same record as me, I will literally hurt them. Give me the guys with my same record, it's not gonna be pretty."

Pico and his fans are so delusional. shoulda taken eddie bravos advice and never thought about being a striker in MMA. its not your background kid.. no matter what kinda natural power qnd ability you may or may not have expierence is expierence. he doesnt have it standing up. so whatever smoke his team is blowing up his skirt that have him believing hes a beserker needs curbed ASAP. he should be using GSP and Khabibs playbook. not Justin Gaethje

sickening to see a young man jus keep getting knocked out due to nievety

Pico and his fans are so delusional. shoulda taken eddie bravos advice and never thought about being a striker in MMA. its not your background kid.. no matter what kinda natural power qnd ability you may or may not have expierence is expierence. he doesnt have it standing up. so whatever smoke his team is blowing up his skirt that have him believing hes a beserker needs curbed ASAP. he should be using GSP and Khabibs playbook. not Justin Gaethje

sickening to see a young man jus keep getting knocked out due to nievety
Boxing is very much in his background though

He needs to do a much better job at mixing his skills and not being a dumbass in the cage

Boxing is very much in his background though

He needs to do a much better job at mixing his skills and not being a dumbass in the cage
man im no Pico fanboy i know he boxed but at what level. whatever boxing accumen yall think he has does not show in the cage. very mediocre. and not just because he got clipped twice. he doesnt seem to understand distance control at all.

if his hands were that nice growing up, he would've went into boxing where the money is
i know a lot of these guys may have even been golden gloves in their area. he may know how to strike, but for someone with some background, he doesn't know how to avoid getting punched and defend

Last edited:
I’m trying to decide if Pico’s chin is garbage or he just bit off more than he could chew twice.

If the problem is a weak chin, he’s gonna have a hard time living up to his hype no matter whether he starts using his wrestling more or not.

Not a lot of great fighters with garbage chins

man im no Pico fanboy i know he boxed but at what level. whatever boxing accumen yall think he has does not show in the cage. very mediocre. and not just because he got clipped twice. he doesnt seem to understand distance control at all.
Have no idea what the below accomplishments mean, I was just noting that he def competed amateur. He got in there with someone with a world of experience and who's also coming into his own renaissance with The LAB. Pico is rushing himself into tough competition at such a young age, it's def a risk/reward thing. As I stated he has a lot of work to do

AJ Mckee for instance is probably fighting lesser comp overall and pacing himself

"In addition to wrestling, Pico also competed in boxing and Pankration. Pico won the national PAL championship in 2008 and was national Junior Golden Gloves champion in 2009, he won ‘most outstanding boxer’ at both tournaments. In Pankration, Pico also was a national champion in 2008. In addition, Pico went to Ukraine in 2010, and won the golden cup European Pankration championship. During this time Pico also won the California state championships in both sports."

I’m trying to decide if Pico’s chin is garbage or he just bit off more than he could chew twice.

If the problem is a weak chin, he’s gonna have a hard time living up to his hype no matter whether he starts using his wrestling more or not.

Not a lot of great fighters with garbage chins
His chin is questionable, from the first fight especially. He has some things (fixable) to clean up defensively though that will help him not be so hittable, like range and patience. Last night he was hit on the button and being greedy def opened him up for that even more

I still think he can be a "great" fighter, he acknowledged in the presser he got too excited after dropping Corrales with the uppercut and stayed in the pocket too long. He was losing that clinch war too

Do some of ya have DAZN accounts?

I’m going to sign up for ESPN+ because of the UFC access. But the Da Zone might be a tough pill to swallow.

How many more fights does Bader have on his contract? It seems like with the GP, he’s had like 5 fights.

Pico just needs to understand this is mixed martial arts. Loving your hands and not respecting your chin will lead to short career. I asked the other day if folks thought he was the real deal after seeing his first fight, his love for striking and getting tagged

holy BLEEP. jus now catching Corrales post fight interview with big joh. first of all big john is awful in that role but secondly "at best ive lived a mediocre life. im rdy to die in this mother****er"

harder words have neverrrr been spoken in the octagon hahah

holy BLEEP. jus now catching Corrales post fight interview with big joh. first of all big john is awful in that role but secondly "at best ive lived a mediocre life. im rdy to die in this **********er"

harder words have neverrrr been spoken in the octagon hahah
Technically Bellator has a ring or circle

Bellator is flagrant with these squash matches. First Lashley now Jack Hager (sp).

Bader could challenge JBJ for the title right now in UFC’s LHW. That division is a joke. HW...he might have issues with Stipe, DC and Cain.

Max keeping the Conor rematch alive is really good to see. Right now, unmotivated Conor might not want any of Max's smoke

Bader vs Anthony Smith or Thiago Santos would be cool, but otherwise yeah, LHW division is sad

This more up Conor's alley at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if Conor wanted one of the true contenders though

If Conor vs Cowboy doesn't happen, I will take Dustin vs Cowboy :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom