The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

There was a clear difference in preparation and focus. A clear difference in camps and training and coaching

Nate looked completely inferior in every faucet while Jorge looked cool, calm and was basically playing games. Nate had 3 weapons- 2 hands and try to catch a sub while Jorge was utilizing all dimensions of MMA including kicks elbows and clinch

Nate could have turned it on in the last rounds but Jorge is as durable as they come. I don't honestly think Nate would have threatened Jorge last night

Agreed.
Nate didn’t look good in the Pettis fight.

And he looked outclassed as he chased the bag.

Cuban Jesus isn’t really a grappler/BJJ type. But standing up, he’s got way more tools than Nate. Nate doesn’t really kick or checks the, very well. Jorge has more power in his punches. And Jorge is better in the clinch.

Much respect to Nate and I hope he gets the check every time he fights now. But before the McGregor fight, he was maybe low top ten or top 15 in LW. WW. Way too many grapplers. Not sure what future matchups he’s interested in.

I’d love to see him fight Justin Gaethje. But that would be hazardous to his health.

And Conor. Stahp. Dana said Jorge is too much man for McGregor.

Nate has no business fighting up the rung for title contention. I hope he keeps getting paid though with whomever he's matched up against

Jorge is a legit contender and title challenger

One thing I forgot to mention is that when Jorge was leaving the ring, he was jawing with someone in the crowd to the point where some people on his team had to pull him back while other members of his team were aggressively yelling into the crowd as well.

Couldn’t tell who is was. Has there been any mention of that or who it could have been in the press?

My guy was ready to go 2/2 in one night again :lol:

Made me wonder if it was Leon.

Kamaru was cage side with Stylebender :nerd:

Nate has no business fighting up the rung for title contention. I hope he keeps getting paid though with whomever he's matched up against

Jorge is a legit contender and title challenger

nate is impossible to finish, but we've seen him get outclassed before. this fight seem like it was going similar to the dos anjos fight. really dont know what's left for him besides the conor fight. is he deserving of fighting the top of guys of the division?

Dana was saying Colby was not at the arena last night for whatever reason

I was wondering why they didn’t show him on the broadcast

nate is impossible to finish, but we've seen him get outclassed before. this fight seem like it was going similar to the dos anjos fight. really dont know what's left for him besides the conor fight. is he deserving of fighting the top of guys of the division?

Even though Diaz didn't win, I still think he is a massive draw no matter who he fights

Black beast :rofl:

And Masvidals rise to stardom is crazy considering how late in his career its occured.

Never would have guessed the guy with the skin fade and salty record from 5 years ago would be making noise the way he is.
Hard for me to forget how wonderboy worked mazvidal

Easy. That dudes style is a difficult matchup with the bouncing up and down, karate stance, hands down to the side. Elusive. Point fighter.

He got caught against Pettis. He was winning that fight. And some argue he won against Till.

Tyron pulled out the Grade A strategy to draw and beat him.

He’s ranked #9 but can easily shoot up the ranks if he starts fighting folks in the top ten.
WW is stacked. Honestly, Nate can’t compete. He just doesn’t have the skill against Covington, Usman, Woodley, WB, the Ponz (who needs to fight), RDA, etc.

Hardy looking like a fool here. Can't admit he was wrong and takes more digs at Walker who apparently did nothing of what Hardy claimed. I like Hardy's breakdowns but him spreading unconfirmed gossip like that is lame

“With the secret service locking the place down when the president was there, they had to bring the fighters out of their dressing room early,” he said. “So you’ve got Johnny Walker and his team, and Corey Anderson and his team in the same corridor.

“For five minutes or ten minutes all the time before the fight, Johnny Walker was going “Corey, I’m going to knock you out, I’m going to knock you out. So basically he was marinating in this annoyance for five or ten minutes before the fight.”

“@danhardymma , get your facts checked before saying stuff that is not true. I did not taunt Corey Anderson at all in the backstage before the fight and would NEVER do such thing. I know that moments like those, specially before the fight, are for focus and concentration. I really expected that a guy like you, who has been a fighter for many years, would ask me if this is true instead of just talking **** about me and painting a picture of me of a person that I am not. @coreya_mma @ricardoalmeidabjj you can come here confirm to Dan and the whole world how we were quiet and focused while waiting for our battle. Congrats and I will be cheering for you in the future.” – Johnny Walker on Instagram

Well if Colby wins I think they def try to setup him and Masvidal in the spring. Hell even if Usman wins I'd like to see him and Masvidal go at it.

Interested to see where Nate goes from here, I'm sure he got a sizable check for 244, his stock is still high IMO and if they don't do another Masvidal fight they could still try for the Conor trilogy.

Nathan needs to figure something out with that right eyebrow... Dos Anjos ,Conor ,Pettis and Jorge all layed it open... Thing still looked raw heading into this fight... That thing will get opened up with any decent strike.

Dana will most likely use Nate’s poor performance against him in negotiations

Unless conor says he wants nate I think Dana will screw nate over and not come to terms

Dana completely capitalized off this BMF thing Nate made up out of thin air and now he going to push him out by not wanting to pay him

I'd assume Nate's drawing power is gonna take a hit though. Was never in the fight with Jorge at all. Looked bad in a win against Pettis. The Conor win was years ago now.

I'm sure he's not going back to a 15/15 contract, but unless he's fighting Conor or somehow getting an undeserved shot at Khabib, he shouldn't be getting superstar money or anything.

Meanwhile....Fury finishes a fight with this....
18502662-7466135-A_close_up_shot_of_Tyson_Fury_s_gruesome_gash_above_his_right_ey-a-2_15685614...jpg

I'd assume Nate's drawing power is gonna take a hit though. Was never in the fight with Jorge at all. Looked bad in a win against Pettis. The Conor win was years ago now.

I'm sure he's not going back to a 15/15 contract, but unless he's fighting Conor or somehow getting an undeserved shot at Khabib, he shouldn't be getting superstar money or anything.
What did we expect from someone who hasnt fought in 3 years? He would look great in his first fight back? Look great 3 months later taking on someone who is red hot?

Lets face the facts though. Diaz is a journeyman fighter who cashed in by taking a mcgregor fight and beating him. He was able to establish himself among causuals and his persona resonated with a lot of people. Especially because he was one of the guys who could give it back to conor in the trash talk game.

Diaz star power isnt all about wins or loses. Sure he will take a hit from it but as long as he puts on exciting fights and can win some matches he will be fine.

But this is MMA....one loss and you werent that good and the sky is falling.....win two or three matches and people start wondering if youre the goat (mainly tongue in cheek but some truth to it)

Skills are important. But personality or mystique as well.

Rousey was all about the mystique of an unbeatable tough woman. Baddest Man on the planet.

Conor was this over the top personality from Ireland with that Ric Flair or Rock like swag.

However wins do matter eventually or you’re selling wolf tickets. I congratulate Nate for parlaying his Pettis win to personally book a match with the hottest guy in WW. That guy just happened to be better. Coming out of the fight, Masvidal has a ton of options. Nate? Who would you pit him against?

Back
Top Bottom