The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Shout out to Black Beast

03B33F6F-A7C1-41D4-8548-E76D8B50A3D8.jpeg 352FA109-70BD-49BF-9A2C-B0F81CC76666.jpeg

Brendan whatever from commentary is terrible.

The combo with Felder was pretty mediocre. Anik and the UK guy who teams with Hardy their only solid play by plays.

The Prelims were good. Three solid KOs (Holland>Sanchez>Dariush).

Weidman’s wrestling seemed decent. His striking has definitely degraded. And when he took him down, he wasn’t doing much GnP until the end of the third round. Probably 29-28.

Lewis with the most KOs in HW. Blaydes called him out. I’d avoid him after that last fight Blaydes had.

So I guess DC vs Stipe will determine the best HW of All-Time? I heard Ariel say this. It will only be DC's 4th fight at that division and only faced 2 different men. idk if I'm willing to call him that but conversely if Stipe wins I feel like that would further cement his legacy so it's kind of a weird contradiction in a way

I've heard it being marketed like that, I think the trailer had DC saying this is for the Greatest UFC HW of All-Time. I don't know what Cain would say about that lmao

I do believe DC is an All-Time great fighter, period. Let's make no bones (no pun) about that.

Cain isnt relevant... certaintly isnt the HW GOAT
Cain isn't relevant? idk, I feel like that's flat-out wrong. I was strictly talking about UFC HW but I guess overall it's kind of the same anyway

He's at least a top 3 UFC HW of All-Time if not top 2. Stipe probably trumps him but Werdum is the only other in the convo

I referenced Cain because he's DC's close friend and I don't know if I'd say DC is ahead of Cain as a HW even if DC beat Stipe next week

My personal top 4 in no order... I don't even have anyone else in the convo... so yeah, Cain is definitely relevant imo lol

Stipe, Werdum, Cain, Fedor

Cain isn't relevant? idk, I feel like that's flat-out wrong. I was strictly talking about UFC HW but I guess overall it's kind of the same anyway

He's at least a top 3 UFC HW of All-Time if not top 2. Stipe probably trumps him but Werdum is the only other in the convo

I referenced Cain because he's DC's close friend and I don't know if I'd say DC is ahead of Cain as a HW even if DC beat Stipe next week

My personal top 4 in no order... I don't even have anyone else in the convo... so yeah, Cain is definitely relevant imo lol

Stipe, Werdum, Cain, Fedor

Not sure if I'd call JDS the goat but he's up there imo.

Not sure if I'd call JDS the goat but he's up there imo.
I'm not mad at that. The only reason he's not in my personal Mt. Rushmore is because Cain beat the living **** out of him twice. Granted, JDS got him first... but the two beatings he sustained after that cemented just who the superior fighter was imo

If I had to say, JDS would probably be in the next tier by himself because I have him above Cro Cop, Nog, Barnett, Reem who are the next tier after

So I guess DC vs Stipe will determine the best HW of All-Time? I heard Ariel say this. It will only be DC's 4th fight at that division and only faced 2 different men. idk if I'm willing to call him that but conversely if Stipe wins I feel like that would further cement his legacy so it's kind of a weird contradiction in a way

This is DC's 6th HW fight in the UFC and he fought @ HW in Strikeforce.

Mir, Nelson, Lewis and Stipe x3.

Fedor is still the HW GOAT regardless of what happens in DC/Stipe 3, but I guess the winner can claim UFC HW GOAT.

True. Forgot about those first two against Mir and Nelson. The Strikeforce Grand Prix was dominant as hell too-- in which Bigfoot and Barnett definitely weren't washed at that point

I revise my statement. I think those fights can push him into being eligible in the HW discussion. I still think it's debatable between he and Cain though. If DC beats Stipe then I think you can safely put DC in the Mount Rushmore and possibly GOAT HW

Fedor is still the HW GOAT regardless of what happens in DC/Stipe 3, but I guess the winner can claim UFC HW GOAT.
Agreed with all this. Top 5 HW no order is Fedor, Stipe, Werdum, Cain, and DC.

Weidman-Silva 3 is gonna happen, watch. Loser (or both hopefully) retires. Weidman is delusional if he truly believes he can compete still, dude gets smashed by anyone in the top 10.

Beneil looked great, the eye pokes pissed him off. You could tell. I wish it got into the 2nd round though so we could see if his durability issues were a factor.

Nasrat is really mini-Gastelum. Look and style. It's crazy how true the comparison was and still is. Crisp, smooth boxing.

Zalal is gonna be an interesting prospect to follow, he has some skill and flash, but he cannot finish a glass of water if you gave it to him. He's physically weak to me too.

Holland is a funny dude, his post-fight interview was comedy.

Gavin Tucker looked real good tonight.

Last edited:
Not mad at anyone who thinks Fedor is the undisputed HW Goat. Personally over the years I've scaled back on it a bit. I honestly can't be so sure about PRIDE unfortunately. I still have him in my personal Rushmore no doubt

True. Forgot about those first two against Mir and Nelson. The Strikeforce Grand Prix was dominant as hell too-- in which Bigfoot and Barnett definitely weren't washed at that point

I revise my statement. I think those fights can push him into being eligible in the HW discussion. I still think it's debatable between he and Cain though. If DC beats Stipe then I think you can safely put DC in the Mount Rushmore and possibly GOAT HW

Cain was special, sad that injuries ruined him, he was DEFINITELY on his way to GOAT HW.

Prime Cain vs Prime DC would've been amazing but I doubt they would've fought.

I was happy as hell when Cain beat the living **** outta Brock, :lol:

Agreed with all this. Top 5 HW no order is Fedor, Stipe, Werdum, Cain, and DC.
After realizing DC has had additional fights at HW and recalling his Strikeforce run, this is also my top 5

Werdum legit the weirdest resume out of the 5. And the way he fought Stipe to this day is ****ing hilarious. Worse than Brunson

Yeah. DC is a P4P great.

His only losses in the two divisions he was champ in were literally to the greatest LHW and HW champs.

BB said he’d come back in Dec after a body transformation of 10-15 pounds.

agree to disagree

cain got cut from wwe and that luchadore stuff

the last time he fought in the UFC he was scared and embarrased by Francis

then you look at his resume and its like ok Werdum, Bigfoot, Lesnar, JDS

pretty mediocre in hindsight

Derrick Lewis will end his career with more KOS than Cain has wins. think about that

hes not the goat HW or 2nd or 3rd. did injuries derail him? sure.

All I’d say about Cain. Two time champ. Insane Cardio. Relentless in the cage. Career wasn’t fully realized due to sidelining injuries. When he was healthy, Cain put on spectacular performances.

But best HWs? Probably Stipe, DC and Fedor. Despite the dubiousness of Pride, Fedor had a legit run through Prime Crocop, Noguera, Randalman, Arloski, etc.

Back
Top Bottom