The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

God dambit chris

“He hasn’t really fought any other great, accoladed wrestler, other than Yoel Romero who doesn’t use his wrestling,” Weidman continued. “So, I don’t even count that. I’m the type of guy that will bring that pressure, and I will take him down and I’ll ragdoll him on the floor. It is the same thing when I fought Anderson Silva.”

If he's not the most delusional mother****er in the UFC man, I swear :smh:. Still talking about beating Anderson too, reliving the glory days. I wouldn't mind watching Weedman get laid out one last time though, for old time's sake.

Rumbles mind is stupid strong. He can just shapeshift like an xmen when it's time to make a weight. Ive told the story 100 times but he fought a dude from my hometown "The Spaniard" at 170... it was surreal. He was 200 lbs in the cage that night easy. He almost killed Charlie lol

I was there in person, **** was frightening :lol:. The sound of his shin on Brenneman's head was ridiculous. And that's before he really hit his peak with his striking, Rumble was a ****ing terror.

Rumble getting beat up by Izzy is something to imagine

“I figured that was gonna happen,” he said regarding Adesanya’s win (via MMAMania). “Costa is a little flat footed, a little bit. He’ll pressure you, he knows how to go forward. I don’t think he knows how to go backwards. But I’ve trained with Stylebender, he’s whupped my butt pretty good. Came in the gym, had just finished his kickboxing match a week or two before. And that’s when I had just started my camp and he came and put a beating on me. He’s really good, gotta give him credit, he’s the best.”

Insane. Dude really is the real deal.

Wiedman must've heard Chael say that Woodley and Chris were the two guys that would give Izzy a tough fight... People are just throwing stuff around in the event that a miracle happens... But I can't even see either of those two putting together enough wins to get a look at a title in any weight division.

Chael on drugs. Woodley scared to throw his hands now for some reason.

Covington devoured him. Izzy stops him in two.

Chael on drugs. Woodley scared to throw his hands now for some reason.

Covington devoured him. Izzy stops him in two.
So weird to see him have zero passion in there... Even when he was decisioning people, he looked like a nightmare matchup for everyone.

Izzy isn’t Anderson. I get the sense that there’s still the sentiment of “just wrestle him, man” like that’s his kryptonite

Izzy’s use of space distance and footwork is already levels above anywhere Anderson was in regards to defending takedowns and keeping opponents guessing

izzy doesn’t have the title reign that Anderson had but really the skill is already there if not more

Rumble getting beat up by Izzy is something to imagine

“I figured that was gonna happen,” he said regarding Adesanya’s win (via MMAMania). “Costa is a little flat footed, a little bit. He’ll pressure you, he knows how to go forward. I don’t think he knows how to go backwards. But I’ve trained with Stylebender, he’s whupped my butt pretty good. Came in the gym, had just finished his kickboxing match a week or two before. And that’s when I had just started my camp and he came and put a beating on me. He’s really good, gotta give him credit, he’s the best.”

“But Costa, when you showboat like that you actually … you’re not focused. How many people have played that game and have come out successful? That’s not something to play with, especially not in a championship. Don’t play like that. Stylebender was serious, Costa came in thinking that he’s just a white belt, he’s nothing, he’s skinny,” Anthony Johnson continued. “Hey, being skinny has its advantages, dude. I don’t understand all of a sudden either why Costa is getting so upset after he saw what Stylebender did to him, you know? I was like ‘Dude, you were the one talking so much and then he gets you at the end and now you mad? Because he embarrassed you? Come on man, grow some balls. Man up to that.’ It is what it is. You can’t demand a rematch either after a performance like that either. That’s not smart. That’s not gonna sell for sure.”

This guy looks like he never left the sport lol

Funny enough I believe this was around the time of the Jones fight and he brought in Izzy to emulate Bones.

There was only one fighter being a punk during the fight and that was Costa.
So satisfying when the show boater gets destroyed.

Izzy ftw :emoji_flag_nz:

I kinda had a feeling gaetje was a maga boy when I remembered he always has the american flag draped over him.

It is what it is. A lot of these white athletes the same but you’d only be judged for it in the nba. I remember in the football thread the joke was made that nick bosa is good at sacking the qb because he probably imagines all the qbs are black.

MMA is still a diverse sport. I am not surprised he is a MAGA boy. When it comes to basketball, everyone should be with the BLM movement but when it comes to football or even baseball, you have to assume there is some differences in politics.

Meh. Justin has to tow a company line.

What company? Dominance MMA.

A training partner was racially insulted on a live broadcast. Justin had to make the comments.

And when Rumble coming back?

Well Rumble re-entered the testing program in mid August so earliest he could return would be in February. I wonder if they immediately give him someone high level out of the gate to try and setup a fast title shot? Wouldn't surprise me as the LHW needs some name recognition.

Also forgot there was a Bellator event last night. With Daley dropping off I didn't recognize anyone on the card. There Oct 10 card has some decent looking matchups. They are on CBS Sports Network now for anyone that didn't know, glad I have that network.

The lead up to 254 is solid, after tomorrow.

Moraes/Sandhagen next week. Didn't even know Barbosa is the co-main against Amirkhani. And a FW Almeida coming back after a long layoff.

Ortega/Zombie the week after :smokin

Dana promising khabib “something special” if he beats Justin

Khabib said he’s not retiring so he wants to keep fighting. Ali saying Dana is not talking about GSP. Hmm

Izzy obsessed with the man. Ask for the fight already and stop yapping.
Agreed, and now Dana is starting to put it out there as well

I wish they could just fight now. I am not really interested in that Cannonier fight anymore like I used to be. That doesn't really generate any interest tbh and neither does a Whittaker rematch

“That’s the fight to make, 100 percent,” White said to UFC Arabia. “I think that a fight between those two is massive.”

“I don’t know. It doesn’t depend on what I want, it depends on what they want to do. Adesanya is a champ, he’s really coming into his own, and you can tell he knows this is his house, and he comes and acts like it,” White said. “I think he wants the winner of Whittaker and Cannonier, and then we’ll see what happens after that.”

Back
Top Bottom