The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Lol no shade thrown. Ive obviously seen some before just not something I do regularly. It's great access. I'm just saying I dont know what value that particular data set provides.

Of the fans that watch embeddeds this is what they care about most... I'd rather see the numbers of other MMA media outlets event to event.

Not sure what these numbers mean. I dont watch the embeddeds nor do i know anyone who does. Very specific audience
All it means is how many people watched them lol. And yeah it probably does mean more hardcore mma fans, interesting nonetheless

Just a metric probably of a large number of metrics that Dana uses to project how each PPV is trending

I love Embeddeds. Those guys do a good job sometimes telling the stories. I used to watch them when I was at the gym doing my cardio. Used to always get me in the zone before doing weights.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat I dont think those numbers are helping him project ppv buys... at least not well haha seems like a meaningless insider stat

I didn’t realize how much UFC has been killing boxing in PPV buys :wow:.

EDIT:

That can’t be right, didn’t GGG Vs. Canelo break a million PPV buys?

Last edited:
Are those numbers real? Like they have numbers for Khabib/Justin?

Wasn’t Masvidal/Usman supposed to set records?

And I can only imagine how high those numbers would be if it wasn’t behind TWO pay walls.

these numbers seem widely accepted. They dont actually have to publicly disclose

I think alot of times when Dana talks records hes talking socials in general. I remember specifically him talking about the "impressions" Buckley got on Twitter. Im sure their Twitter metrics of all kinds mean alot more to them then this kinda thing but he was def praising Izzy for having some of the most views ever on Youtube idk.

if you not watching the embedded’s leading up to the fight, your missing out.

it’s become part of the experience of “fight week” for me

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat I dont think those numbers are helping him project ppv buys... at least not well haha seems like a meaningless insider stat
It’s only 1 number lol

If you boil it down then the tweet simply sheds light on what fight fans are hyped up for the most. It’s not anything crazy

I'm watching BELLATOR. Jack Haggar got more chin than heart or skill. Gifted that one but good on him for surviving that shot

Excited to see Gane finally back. Him and JDS should be explosively violent.

I'm watching BELLATOR. Jack Haggar got more chin than heart or skill. Gifted that one but good on him for surviving that shot

Excited to see Gane finally back. Him and JDS should be explosively violent.
Main event time! I'm shocked nothing bad happened to the main event lol

Looks like Dana is thinking Khabib does one more fight. He really wants Khabib to keep that Abu Dhabi cash cow lmao

“I wasn’t, I sitting there going oh my god, you have to be kidding me,” Dana White said on the Zach Gelb show. “But, I’ll tell you this, and I haven’t told anybody this yet, Khabib and I have been talking. He was completely emotional that night when he got through that fight, I have a feeling he might go for 30-0.”

“I do. I think he is not going to retire. His dad wanted him to get to 30-0,” White said. “I think he wants to honor his dad’s wish.”

Dana’s trash. Not shocking.

Even* if all of that were true, going to the press about it* isn’t the way I’d go about trying to entice Khabib. Especially by invoking his deceased father’s name.

Last edited:
Dana’s trash. No shocking.

If even if all of that were true going to the press about isn’t the way I’d go about trying to entice Khabib. Especially by invoking his deceased father’s name.
I found that a little weird too, like you know what his mom said. Why bring his dad's wish into it

Either GSP or Usman those are the only options imo

I hate to say it but Colby throttles Lima imo.. I mean Usman eats him for sure

I know these guys are fighting at 185 but still. Folks always want to discuss where Lima ranks, I think while he has really good TDD he'll eventually settle into his guard and just take damage or at least he won't get up

Looks like Dana is thinking Khabib does one more fight. He really wants Khabib to keep that Abu Dhabi cash cow lmao

“I wasn’t, I sitting there going oh my god, you have to be kidding me,” Dana White said on the Zach Gelb show. “But, I’ll tell you this, and I haven’t told anybody this yet, Khabib and I have been talking. He was completely emotional that night when he got through that fight, I have a feeling he might go for 30-0.”

“I do. I think he is not going to retire. His dad wanted him to get to 30-0,” White said. “I think he wants to honor his dad’s wish.”

Too soon

Lowkey boring *** fight. Lima just got stifled even though he was able to land some shots here and there

Mousasi is solid as hell but I think he also gets eaten by Izzy and beaten by Whittaker/Romero... and I don't think it would be very smart for him to fight any of the contenders at 205

Good for both of them for probably getting paid more than they would in the UFC

Back
Top Bottom