The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Lowkey boring *** fight. Lima just got stifled even though he was able to land some shots here and there

Mousasi is solid as hell but I think he also gets eaten by Izzy and beaten by Whittaker/Romero... and I don't think it would be very smart for him to fight any of the contenders at 205

Good for both of them for probably getting paid more than they would in the UFC
I think he would've hovered around that 4-9 range at 185. Some fun matchups there for him.

It's funny that Paul Daley has missed weight so many times, yet I remember watching him fight Lima and thinking these dudes can't be in the same weight class. Lima is a tank at welterweight.

And yeah that fight was wack.

Damn Lima ain't have **** for Mousasi. Mousasi would've had a bunch of fun matchups if he never left the ufc.

Gegard vs. Romero, Costa, Till, Whittaker, Cannonier :smh:

But he's had a long career though, can't be mad at him getting paid fighting 170lbers

Well....with Whitaker deferring. That’s not a bad fight to make for the LHW title.

There’s not a clear cut LHW contender. And Izzy doesn’t have anyone (though there are fights on the horizon to create a clearer picture).

Whittaker is very much content to move at his own pace. In every interview dude is like the most unbothered and unmotivated vibe ever lol. He wants the title fight but not until March or so. It's definitely a different attitude than we've seen recently from other contenders. Dude really doesn't care

I say Hell no to Izzy fighting the winner of Till vs Hermansson. Nobody cares about that **** man. Just fight Jan for the LHW belt so you can set up Bones if Izzy can get by Jan

Thing that sucks for Bellator is that that was probably the best or one of the best fights they could make out of their entire roster... and it was underwhelming

Imo the next best fight would be AJ McKee vs Pitbull for the belt. Don't think that fight would get much buzz though unfortunately

They definitely have a hype issue there. They have content and can provide a fight fix. But names and big fights are something they’re lacking. And it’s not the Strike Force heyday where they could pull talent from so many areas. I think they have to do a better job of promoting their big names and making certain fights high stakes.

So I’d give the advantage to Izzy over Jan. But then again, Jan just flattened Dominic Reyes lol. He’s got dynamite in those hands. He probably walks around 220 or more hydrated. Not saying Izzy hasn’t fought at that weight before. Just another aspect to the fight.

Whittaker is very much content to move at his own pace. In every interview dude is like the most unbothered and unmotivated vibe ever lol. He wants the title fight but not until March or so. It's definitely a different attitude than we've seen recently from other contenders. Dude really doesn't care

I say Hell no to Izzy fighting the winner of Till vs Hermansson. Nobody cares about that **** man. Just fight Jan for the LHW belt so you can set up Bones if Izzy can get by Jan

Whittaker taking his sweet time is smart. If Izzy moves up he's likely champ again. Why get wrecked a second time if you can just wait until the guy moves up, and then be the immediate challenger for the belt if he vacates.

That goes out the window if Izzy wants to defend both belts I suppose, but I'm thinking if he beats Jan then everybody is gonna be calling for the Jones matchup immediately. Not to mention there aren't any fresh exciting matchups at 185 regardless. His days at middleweight are probably done if he gets that 205 belt.

The Gegard/Lima fight was pretty uneventful with Gegard controlling majority of the time and Lima only getting off a few short bursts here and there but never really had Gegard hurt. Gegard seems to really like Coker lol, kissed him on the cheek. Must be getting paid well but Coker has always seemed to be a fighters promoter with many guys talking about their friendship with him and playing golf together.

It's also really unfortunate we won't be getting the combined Rizin and Bellator cards come this New Years (well I'd be shocked if they did happen with all the travel restrictions, pandemic, etc.) as I've enjoyed watching the events the last couple years.

Whittaker taking his sweet time is smart. If Izzy moves up he's likely champ again. Why get wrecked a second time if you can just wait until the guy moves up, and then be the immediate challenger for the belt if he vacates.

That goes out the window if Izzy wants to defend both belts I suppose, but I'm thinking if he beats Jan then everybody is gonna be calling for the Jones matchup immediately. Not to mention there aren't any fresh exciting matchups at 185 regardless. His days at middleweight are probably done if he gets that 205 belt.
Whittaker also is expecting a kid, he’s dead set on spending time with his fam during this time

He gave izzy a lot of props to the point I gathered he really didn’t want to fight him anytime soon

Gegard looked good, wish he would have stayed in the UFC

Again, if izzy fight Jan you know he NEEDS that head kick....izzy gotta be careful, if guys know thats your guaranteed path to victory they will eventually start to take it away.....the curse of being champ is now the whole division is game planning for you, studying film, breaking your game down.

Jan is pretty bigger than paulo as well.......

BRO

A stylebender headkick KO for the LHW belt sets up the biggest fight we ever seen...

stylebender vs jones for the LHW belt

old generation vs new generation

undefeated vs undefeated

grudge match + build up

post-covid audience/gate

Biggest PPV ever.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Sean Strickland is fighting tomorrow, after seeing what happened to his knee 2 years ago after a motorcycle accident.... I literally cannot believe he is able to walk let alone fight. I don't want to post the picture here but just Google it, it's horrific

Damn, Greg got Rashad cornering him for his fight.

Sneaky good card later tonight. Was looking forward to Kevins fight but his original opponent got hurt. Should be a fun showcase by Holland now.

Mitchell/Fili going to be a banger. Got FOTN written all over it.

Damn, Greg got Rashad cornering him for his fight.

Sneaky good card later tonight. Was looking forward to Kevins fight but his original opponent got hurt. Should be a fun showcase by Holland now.

Mitchell/Fili going to be a banger. Got FOTN written all over it.
Yeah apparently hardy left ATT to train with hooft and them

the main card isn’t too bad honestly

Even the Hernandez fight is interesting. Apparently he has switched camps as well to Factory X. He said midway through the Dober fight he realized his camp at the time wasn’t cutting it

the guy he’s fighting is coming off the beat down of lauzon but that was 2 years ago, he’s probably hungry

Still weird, maybe mma athlete morals are like nfl athlete morals. But I wouldn't want to associate with human trash like hardy. What he did is very public so a person can't say they have no idea.

The weird thing is, Anderson still has 1 more fight on his UFC contract after tonight. So Dana just plans on holding him hostage I guess? Lol

Let that man go to Bellator and fight Fedor and MVP then fight the winner of Roy Jones/Tyson

Back
Top Bottom