The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

conor going have to be gatekeeper and win a few fights before they put him back fighting top guys

Dana after seeing Connor get washed tonight:

shawn-michaels-sadgif.gif

And another thing - Chandler is a PROBLEM for Conor. Hooker's length is even a problem. We already know about Khabib. Conor might have to hope Pac still wants to box him and they can generate the same amount of buzz because I don't think 155 should be the play right now. He probably has to go Nate #3 and then back down to fight Dustin #3 if Dustin beats Chandler and Khabib doesn't come back. I don't know man I think tonight's loss might have been a bit more than a setback.

And another thing - Chandler is a PROBLEM for Conor. Hooker's length is even a problem. We already know about Khabib. Conor might have to hope Pac still wants to box him and they can generate the same amount of buzz because I don't think 155 should be the play right now. He probably has to go Nate #3 and then back down to fight Dustin #3 if Dustin beats Chandler and Khabib doesn't come back. I don't know man I think tonight's loss might have been a bit more than a setback.

Jorge always a possibilty I suppose.

Paid in full :smokin :smokin

Honestly, Conor looked solid 1st round. Clean and precise striking. He can still compete with the best of them. Dustin is just the best at 55 after Khabib, easily. Those leg kicks killed Conor, and he's not a stance switcher at all. Once the leg was gone his power in the left was out. It was only a matter of time.

Another underrated aspect of tonight is how much a calm and docile McGregor hurts the after-fight festivities. The memes aren't even funny like they were with Nate and Khabib. Dude just went in there and got beat in a MMA match and said thank you and walked out. Really quite boring.

Happy that DP got the win. I remember his first few fights with Holloway and KZ.

as much as I dislike Conor - it shows you how short-lived a mma career can be.

Back
Top Bottom