The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Pitbull never gonna let this die with MAGA Chandler lol

“I won’t root for him, but I’m realistic and I know the damage he can do in this weight class,” Freire said. “He has powerful hands and great wrestling. He’s very aggressive. It’s hard to take him down, and he has good takedowns. He can fight anyone on the feet and has knocked out great strikers already. It will be hard to stop him.

“If he can do all that and I stopped him, how good am I? Let’s put that to test. After he becomes UFC champion, let’s put promotion against promotion to see who’s the best in the world. He was kicked out of Bellator by me. He didn’t stay there because I kicked him out.”

Chandler was asked about Pitbull’s tweets during the post-fight press conference on Fight Island, but he ignored the “son” comments to focus on his rival’s prediction that he will indeed become UFC champion.

“I will,” Chandler responded.

“I think I bother him, and that’s on purpose,” Freire laughed. “Those tweets aren’t my thing, I don’t like to talk that trash, but Michael Chandler takes it too personal, and that will never end. He deserves it. He spent three years talking after he beat my brother, and now he’ll listen. After all, his belt is here at home.”

Really want to see Pitbull or AJ fight the top in the ufc.

Next weekend card should deliver. In the past the cards with the least hype have always turned out to be the best. Hope Overeem can keep the streak alive.

Really want to see Pitbull or AJ fight the top in the ufc.

Next weekend card should deliver. In the past the cards with the least hype have always turned out to be the best. Hope Overeem can keep the streak alive.
I fully believe AJ Mckee can compete with anyone in the world. If he beats Pitbull :wow: I'd feel like he could beat anyone

AJ McKee is quite literally born and bread for this.

I would pay some hard cash to see him against any of these guys

Screenshot_20210201-113130_Samsung Internet.jpg

Would be great to see McKee make the transfer over to the UFC if he wins the Bellator FW tournament, though wth has been up with Bellator?!? Their website only shows that the next event, Bellator 255, is coming soon and no bouts have been announced yet. It's already the second month of 2021. I mean One has already announced events and PFL has a schedule for April (no bouts announced yet). Could they be dealing with something more than just being able to get the right fights made??

Would be great to see McKee make the transfer over to the UFC if he wins the Bellator FW tournament, though wth has been up with Bellator?!? Their website only shows that the next event, Bellator 255, is coming soon and no bouts have been announced yet. It's already the second month of 2021. I mean One has already announced events and PFL has a schedule for April (no bouts announced yet). Could they be dealing with something more than just being able to get the right fights made??

Maybe the UFC pulling a WEC/Strikeforce takeover. ;-)

Offering this on 2 weeks notice is nutty but likely due to Hall/Weidman getting scratched. Oliveira says he'd only take it if it was for the belt.

Do Bronx deserves better, either immediate shot or #1 contender fight maybe against Gaethje. We all get the biggest fight is still probably the Conor/Dusting trilogy for the title but they gotta stop this crap. Didn't they try having Charles do a fast turnaround fight after Tony??

Crazy to see them rush that fight so fast.

Sounds like Dustin will wait for that trilogy fight with conor. He knows that payday is too good to pass up for any other fight.

I'm not gonna lie, up until the Askren KO I was a huge Masvidal guy. I was happy to see a real dude get his due. Everybody saying that now but I was really watching the kimbo backyard fights back then and remember being surprised to see a street guy like Jorge go into real mma when I saw him go against Yves Edward. There used to be a video blog (that was a first back then) called Miami Hussle, that **** was nice. Now he's become everything he used to criticize, complete 180. There's nothing wrong with getting after the money it's all that extra **** I can't digest. Oh well all good things come to an end.

I hope Oliviera can win the belt dude been putting in work for years
Always liked him

I hope Oliviera can win the belt dude been putting in work for years
Always liked him
They aint trying to give Charles the title shot lol, in fact they trying to make this man fight on weeks notice :rofl:

The prospect of Charles ever holding the belt seem slim not just because of the competition but also because of Dana

Damb shame because he's earned his title shot

Yep and you know Dana and co will be on the BS saying "we offered Charles the Chandler fight but he denied it, this guy doesn't want to fight" smh. Then he'll keep offering Chandler these matchups like he's his new bff.

Askren is doing it for the money. He's never going to rabbit punch like that in the fight. I feel like since his name is tarnished from the Jorge fight that he should just make some more money while he can. COVID is doing no favors for a lot of retired fighters. It's surprising the company gave him a decent size check to even do this cause in an interview, this is his biggest payday to date.

Back
Top Bottom