The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Lost 2 title fights, unless he gets an immediate rematch what else can he do.

Yeah Condit was talking like this was the last hurrah all throughout the lead up to the fight, basically said this is the last title run he has in him. Dude is 31 and 39 fights deep into his career, unless they give him the immediate rematch with Robbie, I wouldn't blame him for calling it quits, he got alotta fight miles on him.

I can understand his thinking. This was probably his best shot since there are others in line for the title. He has not been able to rack up the Ws and would probably have to figbt his way back to contention. With injuries and all the fights he has been in, might be best for him if he is financially set

Last edited:
i think condit will stick around

condit got a rich family though too so who knows, he's like penn, fam got lots of money and he just fights for pure enjoyment

ive watched him since the early wec days and will watch everytime he fights. true fighter, would love for him to rematch rory before he chooses to leave

get his cerrone on and get paid
This. Market himself like Faber. He knows he was "robbed" in this fight and fans are clamoring for a rematch. Or go for division "super" fights.

2015 was a great year for MMA. But I'm a little wary of 2016, just seems like lame rematches on the horizon. Jones/Cormier. Velasquez/Werdum. Rousey/Holms.

And wacky UFC match making in the BW, FW, LW and MW divisions. Everyone is promised a title shot, smh.

I hope we get the return of GSP for one last run, either super fights or another run at WW.

And for Christ sakes market your fighters better. You can make money hand over fist with Cowboy, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Miesha Tate, Pettis, etc.

Also, not sure how many of these wars Robbie has got in him. He's been on a grueling stretch with Brown, McDonald twice, Hendricks twice and now Condit.

Last edited:
Conduit's gotta be done I mean like others said 2 title fights there's not much he could do, unless of course they run it back

Loved seeing this tear Robbie is going on, gotta be up there as top 5 runs when all is said and done

Carlos is still a nightmare for anybody at 170. Would suck for the fans if he retired but i get it. He's been operating at a high level and has always been a crowd pleaser so hopefully he's made enough bank to step away if he wants/needs to.

That being said he deserves a rematch imo cause i felt he won the fight. You could tell from the post fight interview Robbie knew he got lucky. He said they're both winners, called him a champ and said lets do it again etc. Insane fight either way. 5th rnd was pure madness.

Yeah Robbie was surprisingly extremely humble after the fight. And as soon as the fight ended, his body language showed defeat IMO

If I'm Carlos, I'll come back for a rematch. Other than that I'm retiring.

Like Conor said "get in, make money, get out". This is definitely not something you wanna be doing for a long time. Spend some time with family and watch your kid grow up

Those pitty pat kicks and punches were to just to keep Robbie away.

In a rematch, I think Lawler would just walk thru them and attack early

Carlos too tough and too dangerous to blow through. If he could have done it early on he would have.

exactly

condit didn't sit on any of his strikes. he throws a million feelers out, but nothing with bad intent to hurt or finish.

dude has a crazy chin, doe.

That accumulation of strikes over 5 rounds breaks down most guys. His finish rate is ******ed. Robbie is just tough as ****.

Dudes on here were calling Hendricks a point fighter after fighting Robbie and that dudes left hand has taken souls :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I re watched the fight, and Robbie is very good defensively. He parried mostly a those body kicks that the announcers called as landed kicks. Wow. That probably saved him bc if he did take all those body kicks, he would have had nothing in the tank in the 5th.

Conduit gets MAAAAAD props for surviving that 2nd round

I think Condit got caught square in the 2nd like Rogan said not rocked

Last edited:
Those last few minutes of the last round helped lawler on the scorecards a lot. Condit should've grabbed him and clinched.

I mean it was a split decision. If he litterally just ran and countered the last rd he could have won, but it would be cowardly and not a pretty win.

Last edited:
He earned a few minutes of not having to have his head punched in. Now he has no belt and thinking of hanging up the gloves.

Finally watched; amazing fight.
pimp.gif

Respect to Lawler and Condit.

To be the champ you gotta beat the champ.

I was rooting for Condit this fight but wasn't too mad at the decision since I enjoy Robbie as a fighter. I thought he may have brought it out a little too late but like I said in the beginning when it goes to the judges you gotta decisively beat the champ and I didn't think condit beat him enough even though he did land a lot more punches. Those punches just didn't do anything.

Great fight, especially that final round but the last Rory and Robbie fight was a bloodbath..this one did not top it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom