The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Cruz :lol:

Can't lie, he shut TJ down real fast with the 'how?' and TJ was like :rolleyes

TJ still gonna wash tho.

i can't predict the dom vs dillashaw fight, thats a really close fight. i got my tickets though and cant wait. much better card than the fox card in jersey a week later.

also, heres rockhold sporting the yeezys again. dude is living it up

Rockhold :smokin :lol:

He was sponsored by adidas before the Reebok deal. Not sure whats up now though.

I'm sure he still hitting some chick from HQ so he can get the exclusives.

poierer wow

them takedowns were next level, he is certified at 55 cant wait to see him crack into the top 10

duffy is gonna be alright, hell come back better for sure, hes still a future contender.

my boy ortega tho!

his jiu jitsu is just on another level that most, great win.

not mad at all about how robbie x carlos played out

great fight.

*Frankie on the MMA Hour with Ariel today, he wasn't bitter but he was definitely very frustrated with the state of the 145 division. He said one night he's promised to get what he wants, the next they're letting Conor decide what he wants to do

*He is very hesitant to cut down to 135, it made it seem like it would be an effort to get there for him. He doesn't seem like he wants to wait around to fight again either, he said he is in the mindset of making money for his family and not wasting his fight years

*Frankie respects Conor but says he's the worst matchup for him. He says he wants to fight McGregor first and foremost for the title, but he doubts it'll happen (being that Frankie is the most risky matchup). Frankie said if Conor goes up to 155 to fight RDA he wouldn't blame him but if he does a non-title fight at 155 then it would be suspicious (implying either the UFC is protecting him and/or that Conor is ducking)

*Frankie says he believes Conor is calling all the shots and that Dana and company will go with whatever Conor wants

*Frankie also said he agrees with Rogan and Ariel that MMA judging needs to be changed (though Frankie overall thought Robbie had the momentum)

*Woodley came on next and immediately said Frankie will beat Conor lol, said Frankie is a horrible matchup for Conor

*Woodley believes Carlos won, doesn't want to keep having to face top 10 guys before getting a title shot. But if they do a rematch, Woodley will have to "tune" up someone else. Still he's very hesitant to fight again before the title

*Woodley is prepared to fight his "friend" Robbie for the title

*Woodley has not spoken with the UFC since Saturday but now he says he will contact Dana when he gets off his flight lol

*Woodley joked that he would train with Robbie before they actually fought. Both he and Woodley are not bothered by the idea of fighting

Last edited:
I suppose it's the nature of the sport and you need the best training partners if you want to be the best.

But this team mentality in MMA has got to stop.

MMA should be an individual sport. You should have no qualms about fighting someone from the same gym

Team Alpha Male, Jackson/Wink, ATT, AKA gotta cut that **** out

The thing that gets me is that when guys in the same division both make the choice to train together. Not sure how often it is now but that doesn't seem like a good idea from the jump lol

Frankie is right though, he cant be keeping his career on hold for Zuffa to decide what to do with Conor. He can't even drop to 135 now because Faber is getting whoever wins between Cruz/Dillashaw.

Dude is like stuck in limbo everywhere he goes. I love frankie too but it seems like he's always on the short end of the stick

frankie gotta get that title shot. **** everything else..

Last edited:
I suppose it's the nature of the sport and you need the best training partners if you want to be the best.

But this team mentality in MMA has got to stop.

MMA should be an individual sport. You should have no qualms about fighting someone from the same gym

Team Alpha Male, Jackson/Wink, ATT, AKA gotta cut that **** out

As the sport evolves it'll eventually get there, but there's just not enough great trainers and sparring partners out there to get to the championship level otherwise, so mega gyms are the move. Also not enough money for fighters to build a camp around themselves yet.

And I can understand not fighting a teammate honestly, but to each his own.

I mean some of those guys become very close friends so I can understand not wanting to knock your friend's career down a notch while trying to flourish yourself. A Shogun and wand fight in their primes would've been violent and amazing.

swear i remember tito tryna claim he and chuck were too good of friends to go at it back in the day..
laugh.gif
tito was doing everything to avoid that fight.

Last edited:
http://news.yahoo.com/ufc-195-fighter-salaries-robbie-lawler-keeps-belt-212617410--mma.html?nf=1

UFC 195 Fighter Salaries: Robbie Lawler Keeps Belt, Tops Disclosed Payroll
MMAWeekly.com
1 hour ago



View photo

Although opinions were split, as was the decision, welterweight champion Robbie Lawler retained his belt at UFC 195 on Saturday night in Las Vegas.

He also took top honors on the disclosed payroll released by the Nevada Athletic Commission on Monday.

Lawler did not receive a win bonus for his victory, but claimed a $500,000 paycheck for his efforts. His opponent, Carlos Condit, was a close second, netting $315,000 for the split-decision loss.

The disclosed fighter payroll released by the athletic commission does not include discretionary bonuses, Reebok apparel bonuses, pay-per-view points, endorsements, or other income not included on bout agreements.

UFC 195: Lawler vs. Condit took place on Saturday, Jan. 2, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

UFC 195: Lawler vs. Condit Fighter Salaries

Robbie Lawler: $500,000 (no win bonus)
def. Carlos Condit: $315,000

Stipe Miocic: $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus)
def. Andrei Arlovski: $250,000

Albert Tumenov: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Lorenz Larkin: $36,000

Brian Ortega: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Diego Brandao: $36,000

Abel Trujillo: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Tony Sims: $12,000

Michael McDonald: $40,000 (includes $20,00 win bonus)
def. Masanori Kanehara: $14,000

Alex Morono: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Kyle Noke: $26,000

Justine Kish: $20,000 (includes $ 10,000 win bonus)
def. Nina Ansaroff: $10,000

Drew Dober: $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus)
def. Scott Holtzman: $12,000

Dustin Poirier: $84,000 (includes $42,000 win bonus)
def. Joseph Duffy: $20,000

Michinori Tanaka: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Joe Soto: $20,000

Sheldon Westcott: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Edgar Garcia: $10,000

UFC 195 Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $1,723,000

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

AA eating even in a loss. A quarter million in a loss and a half mill to win. Not bad for someone who seemed to be washed the last time he left the UFC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom