The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

What a performance by Volk!

the-rock-clapping.gif

He won at wrestling, that’s about it. Volk was never in too much danger of getting subbed.

Islam rocked Volk more than once. More accurate striking, though lower volume.

Again, Volk had some really great moment. He rocked Islam for sure, but it does’t negate Islam also rocking him.

Islam was running on fumes. Volk should’ve tried to gas him earlier. Nothing happened the first 2 rounds :smh:

Also worth saying, Volk looked better in losing to Islam than Islam looked in beating Volk.

When they run it back, I want Volk to leave featherweight behind to focus on lightweight exclusively. He proved he is a top 5 lightweight in addition to being the #1 featherweight.

I am honestly over the champ champ nonsense. Either fight in a division or vacant, interim titles are trash.

Volk definitely lost guys....he put up an incredible showing but Volk lost bc of his own doing. He was showboating way too much and even allowed a takedown in which Islam held him down for four minutes. At the end of the fight Islam was clearly rocked....should have let him get up and KO him to holy hell.....but he didnt. Dude really thought he was gonna run away with the title via ground and pound. :smh:

Islam rocked Volk more than once. More accurate striking, though lower volume.

Again, Volk had some really great moment. He rocked Islam for sure, but it does’t negate Islam also rocking him.
I’m not disagreeing with you. Islam won the rds he won because he was dominant in his wrestling and had body control.

To Islam’s credit he did land some.

I just think what Volk did was more impressive than what Islam did, considering he went up in weight.

I had it 4-1 at worst 3-2 for Islam on the cards.

Back
Top Bottom