The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

I don’t remember the last time I was trembling during a fight, the stakes were high throughout. Good fight fellas, very close but Islam edged him.

I’m not disagreeing with you. Islam won the rds he won because he was dominant in his wrestling and had body control.

To Islam’s credit he did land some.

I just think what Volk did was more impressive than what Islam did, considering he went up in weight.

I had it 4-1 at worst 3-2 for Islam on the cards.

I agree completely. My last comment was pretty similar. Volk was definitely more impressive in the loss.

I do believe a rematch would be a more dominant win for Islam.

Not looking forward to the trash talk McNugget will be unleashing. Should he actually coach TUF and win against Chandler, you know Dana is giving him a title shot.

Islam beat the #1 P4P...he's the new #1 P4P in my book. Islam's win should be more respected.

There’s a godly level of tenacity Khabib brings that Islam lacks. He’s got the presence- he’s an intimidating dude, but he definitely lacks that bear mauling pressure khabib is known for.

Great adversity by Islam, let’s see if this propels him to be a greater champion.

Volk an animal breh. Salute to that man.

And Yair performance was incredible but Emmett is very one dimensional. Volk gonna not give him that kind of space to operate.

Volk was very impressive. islam was supposed to be invincible but got rocked a few times and couldn't inflict any ground and pound.

such a great fight, i thought volk won, i think he should have kept up the leg kicks but i think that will be your fight of the year come December, id also love to know what he was saying to islam on the ground

There’s a godly level of tenacity Khabib brings that Islam lacks. He’s got the presence- he’s an intimidating dude, but he definitely lacks that bear mauling pressure khabib is known for.

Great adversity by Islam, let’s see if this propels him to be a greater champion.

This was my same thoughts watching the fight. Khabib would have finished volk where I feel like islam just lacked getting it done in there. Felt islam had opportunities and played it too safe riding to a decision instead of making a statement getting a finish.

*eye roll*

Name one fighter in UFC history who’s ever rewatched his own fight and said the following:

”You know what, on second thought…I thought I lost.”

You’ve still got one belt and a worthy contender.

…you need to focus on that.
I felt he won rounds 3 and 5. Rounds 1 and 2 were close depending on how you view the criteria.

Besides when Islam got KO’d or the Khabib/Teebao (sp) fight, tell me any other time when a Dagestani 155er in the UFC didn’t look dominant?

Islam definitely impressed with his striking (he was giving Volk fits on the feet whereas Volk tends to pick apart his opponents on the feet) and hanging in there in round five. I, personally, see there are viable contenders at 155 but definitely not any real challengers to his LW reign. Volk or moving up to 170 are those challenges at the moment. Hopefully, he fights two more times this year.

Volk got DOG in him. He impressed me with taking the challenge against a scary opponent. His wrestling is legit. Islam never got him in a totally compromising position or serious threat of submission despite having all of that control time. Volks problem was starting out a lil too slow in rounds 1-2. Also, the taunting in round four didn’t work in his favor. But Volks place on the P4P list is solidified.

If I’m being honest…I’m curious how come the original Cocaine Bear, Jon Jones, hasn’t been placed on the P4P list or longest active winning streak in the UFC.

such a great fight, i thought volk won, i think he should have kept up the leg kicks but i think that will be your fight of the year come December, id also love to know what he was saying to islam on the ground
He could’ve capitalized on those savage ones more here or there. But you can’t spam it for fear of getting taken down.

Great main event. Hard not to respect Volk. He's that dude.

Islam got gassed in the last round. Kept looking at the clock 2 minutes in.

Scary thing is, they're both just gonna get better from this fight.

Very interested to see jones return. I think Gane beats him. Checked the odds on DK and it moved jones to -150 currently

Back
Top Bottom