The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Eh. Ddp gotta do what’s best for him. 2 month turnaround to fight a motivated izzy wasnt ideal

Hindsight

Izzy clearly didn’t think Sean could hurt him and took him lightly. Sean was a letdown matchup but I don’t think he would have took ddp light

The one thing I assumed of izzy was that his mind would be right similar to volk

That team seems like a steel trap and not complacent

It sounds like it was all contingent on him getting knocked down in the first round.

We don’t know if DDP could do that. DDP got some power in his hands, Colby like pressure and has okay wrestling. Could’ve been a trying time for the Nigerian born China Man.

There are definitely some good contenders bubbling up in MW.

Kind of reminds me around the time of Weidman’s run when Yoel, Brunson, Rockhold, etc were becoming threats.

Right, but you know what I’m saying no need to be dense

It was a hard spar but neither landed anything devastating before and after the knockdown

Izzy’s head wasn’t getting rocked back or anything
There were a few hard hooks he'd catch Izzy on the exit off the fence. But Izzy didn't want to engage after the first. He was on the back foot the entire time.

It was a dominant performance. Team didnt even know how to adjust mid fights. When you dig in to the numbers of the fight, it gets even more jarring.

He got dropped, badly hurt and beat up.

Although he was able to pull out the victory.

…sound better?

A5BB7A94-492E-464D-834A-A489B15B5DB9.jpeg
Except he didn't get dropped :lol: He got hurt and nothing happened after cause Gastelum was stupid and decided to clinch. Strickland was the first to knock him down. Keep trying though.
It's clear you're an Izzy hater which is fine, but this type of narrative rewriting is just fake news and unproductive.
I'm an Izzy fan but at least I'm able to say he got destroyed last night, and would've likely gotten destroyed against Khamzat.

Izzy still retires as MW goat IMO. Off night but he wins rematch.

DDP screwed himself so bad and Khamzat, maybe even Costa jumps him. Or if Khamzat loses and Izzy wins then they do the trilogy fight with Izzy Strickland.

Except he didn't get dropped :lol: He got hurt and nothing happened after cause Gastelum was stupid and decided to clinch. Strickland was the first to knock him down. Keep trying though.
It's clear you're an Izzy hater which is fine, but this type of narrative rewriting is just fake news and unproductive.
I'm an Izzy fan but at least I'm able to say he got destroyed last night, and would've likely gotten destroyed against Khamzat.
Gastelum nailed him with a big right hand and Adesanya went down and his butt hit the fence, which saved him from going all the down. If you want to say that it wasn’t scored as a knockdown, fine, I’ll give you that. But that’s a technicality.

The kick put him on ice skates.

…he was frozen like Elsa.

Izzy still retires as MW goat IMO. Off night but he wins rematch.
It's way past that point my guy. He would not only have to beat all those guys you named but have to finish them in impressive fashion. Then still add on another defense or 2.

Like I've been saying, the all timers find a way to win even on their worst nights.

**** like this is why I'd rather see Volk continue racking up title defenses at FW instead of doing that double champ ****. Break Aldos title defense record and run through generations of your division. This is proven to be much harder than being double champ. Only the greats have done it so far.

I guess now we wait for costa/khamzat outcome to see the next domino fall in this division

I just want Izzy to break his silence on what happened.

Seems like Eugene thinks it was a mental lapse with Izzy. Sean really got in that man's head :lol::smh:

Last edited:
DDP messed up by not making the trip to Sydney to do the media rounds and be in the news cycle. Game moves too fast and he'll be forgotten about once Chimaev fights next month.

I would totally be down for Strickland vs ddp and Izzy gets winner but that’s not happening if khamzat smokes costa next month. Khamzat following is massive and if Izzy doesn’t have the belt I’m sure khamzat is who the company wants with the belt next

DDP messed up by not making the trip to Sydney to do the media rounds and be in the news cycle. Game moves too fast and he'll be forgotten about once Chimaev fights next month.
Kind of my thinking also. If Chimaev gets a big win next month I could see them setting up Chimaev-Strickland early next year. If I was Izzy I'd def campaign for the immediate rematch but as he lost to Alex earlier I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get it. They could always setup Izzy-DDP for #1 contender.

Back
Top Bottom