The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Not a fan of the immediate rematches if the champ is beaten fairly or dominated. Just seems like they're trying to make corrections to these fights. Takes away from the big moments.

If Valentina beats the breaks off Alexa this weekend then the 1st fight means nothing. Or even worse, if Val wins a close fight they'll hold another division up for a trilogy.

Same for Izzy if he beats Sean next. Who says they wouldnt make a trilogy. Let Sean fight someone else. Then if they want let Izzy fight the winner of that.

Looks like a great card this weekend.

Eugene and Eric are two of the best minds in MMA today. I’d probably give the edge to Nicksick because he coached two champs.

I mean he just got an IMMEDIATE rematch his last fight....

I think some time off would benefit SB, he been constantly defending for a few years now.

Rest up my boy, you earned it.

Do you guys know Dana White lol

You can come with all the logic you want but he will always operate how he operates. If he likes someone he'll defy merit and do him a solid

I'm usually against immediate rematches but it's no point in hoping Dana sees logic and reason

Looks like a great card this weekend.

Eugene and Eric are two of the best minds in MMA today. I’d probably give the edge to Nicksick because he coached two champs.
Xtreme also has Patchy, Tatiana, and Aljo spends most his time there. Volk is CKB/Freestyle so I'd consider Eugene a part of that title success too.

One thing Eric points out is that Eugene was able to build that gym up with way less resources and support than gyms over here. Which is pretty incredible when you think about it.

Do you guys know Dana White lol

You can come with all the logic you want but he will always operate how he operates. If he likes someone he'll defy merit and do him a solid

I'm usually against immediate rematches but it's no point in hoping Dana sees logic and reason
Dana closely watching Stricklands YouTube numbers this week lol

Dana closely watching Stricklands YouTube numbers this week lol
That part. And I don't think DDP vs Strickland compares to the money Izzy vs Strickland II brings

Add in the fact that Dana loves Izzy and again it's an easy call

Is it the fight I want, I mean it's meh. Am I dying to see DDP vs Strickland? Not really tbh

DDP deserves a title shot 100% there's no denying that. And the thought of an Izzy Strickland trilogy is gross, idk if Dana let's that happen though

Wait til the Chimaev numbers come in and that UAE money forces its way for UFC 300. They going to pay for that immediate Chimaev title shot and Makachev/Volk 2 :lol:

I still think Izzy gets the immediate rematch.

I was just gonna say, you guys are crazy if you think ddp is getting a title shot over khamzat if he wins his next fight.

I’d prefer to see Izzy go away for a few months and let Strickland fight someone else first

The way Dana was saying his usual "I don't like when fighters don't take fights" bs, they're 100% going to make him fight Ikram if he wins :lol:

Wow, Jhonata Diniz just KO some dude cold on contender series. Man's fought waaaay back in Glory. Fought Rico Verhoven in like 2013 or 14 :lol:. Didn't even know he made his way to MMA.

I actually think Bareman is another Edmund. Similar to O’Malley’s coach

Nothing special and never level up the game of their fighters. Just hit the lottery with pure talent walking through their doors.

Xtreme also has Patchy, Tatiana, and Aljo spends most his time there. Volk is CKB/Freestyle so I'd consider Eugene a part of that title success too.

One thing Eric points out is that Eugene was able to build that gym up with way less resources and support than gyms over here. Which is pretty incredible when you think about it.
Great Post.

In some ways…I was like Eugene was like Jon Kavanaugh (sp) with SBG but Kai, Izzy, Hangman, and Ulberg are decent-great.

I’d imagine he had some other winners from the card. He’s forged a great gym and made that part of the pacific relevant in MMA. I remember when it was mainly Brazil>USA>Canada>Europe in MMA. But MMA is becoming a global sport.

Cant believe Endeavor is betting on UFC and WWE, especially with that monopoly case on the horizon.

I actually think Bareman is another Edmund. Similar to O’Malley’s coach

Nothing special and never level up the game of their fighters. Just hit the lottery with pure talent walking through their doors.
Come on man :lol: . They actually changed the game with the amount/way they feint. No one else was doing it to the level they were and a lot of coaches and fighter will/have said that.

When you have majority of your fighters in the rankings and a few who are champs/have fought for titles, it's not just getting lucky on all of them man.

Back
Top Bottom