The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

You in the building last night? Crowd looked packed and felt electric from the start.

That card was special last night. I’ve prob been to 10/15 cards over the last couple years. First card I ever did was Conor/khabib, and from the start to finish I don’t when we’ll see what we got last night.

Being there for when volk 50-45 max to seeing what he did last night to gaethje, no words can describe that moment.

We kind of knew it was going to play out this way though just off timing alone. The odds any of these guys would jump in to a title fight against Islam in 7 weeks was not likely. At least we get Islam defending twice this year.
Yeah for sure. But still, knowing Dustin was going to get a shot when clearly Justin/max and Arman/Charlie were yet to happen didn’t make it any better

And then we see the results and it’s an even worse reality

Would rather see Max do BMF fights. He has already won undisputed championship gold unlike other BMFs. The BMF fights would sell way more PPVs. Wait and see if Connor or Chandler are wiling to make 155. Even if Chandler beats Connor, Max vs. Chandler would be huge and you know if McGregor and Max match up the numbers would be astronomical.

His last two fights were essentially BMF fights and they brought down the house.

Aiight. Just watched the main card. Gotta say the Bo Nickel fight was a snoozer too until he got that sub. I didn't see much in the way of challenging the top 15. Even though Aljo/Kattar wasn’t exciting. At least Aljo did it against a top 10 dude. Just seemed a waste of a spot on the main card. Jiri/Rakic deserved to be there more.

Charles/Arman was aiight. Charles almost choked him in the first fight. Then the next two rounds was take downs and GnP from Arman. Not sure what Chucky Olives can do going forward. Obviously Arman should get the next title shot.

Max/Gaethje definitely the fight of the night. Crazy fight. Justin got his nose broken in the first round with Max's new patented spin kick. Max looked good. Justin hung in there.

What I will say is Max already won. And then pointed to the ground in the center of the octagon. With an absolute killer like Gaethje. Shades of his fight with Llamas. The fact he KO'd at one second remaining was the perfect ending to the best BMF fight ever.

He deserves whatever title shot he has next. I like the Topuira fight because Ilia dismissed him. I think the Islam fight (if he beats Porier) should go to Arman.

The women's fight should've been on a fight night in China. Wasn't super exciting.

And Chama. At least Hill gets to go home to a baddie. If Alex turns arounds and fights in a few weeks that will be crazy!!!!!!!!!!! But Brazil deserves a card with him headlining. He’s the #1 Brazilian fighter right now.

As a card overall, 9/10 thanks to the amazing pre lims. The main card was good.

Would rather see Max do BMF fights. He has already won undisputed championship gold unlike other BMFs. The BMF fights would sell way more PPVs. Wait and see if Connor or Chandler are wiling to make 155. Even if Chandler beats Connor, Max vs. Chandler would be huge and you know if McGregor and Max match up the numbers would be astronomical.

His last two fights were essentially BMF fights and they brought down the house.
If Conor wins, maybe

But fighting a Michael Chandler instead of Topuria or Islam sounds crazy

Topuria is a winnable fight. Islam may not be but after a loss he could simply... go do BMF fights

Beating a washed Korean Zombie aint no damb BMF fight. That was simply a stay busy matchup

I wouldn't have rejected unless he got injured but... it's a somewhat short turnaround

I would have taken it
There is NO WAY Charles injured him lol. Not accepting the fight is wild to me bc Islam has not had a fight with a real lightweight for NEARLY 2 YEARS! This is Arman’s chance to get him off of his game. Poirier will no doubt fair better than people think.

Arman has won 9 out of his last 10 with his only L being a tight one against Gamrot, why should he be forced to fight islam on short notice AGAIN!?

There is NO WAY Charles injured him lol. Not accepting the fight is wild to me bc Islam has not had a fight with a real lightweight for NEARLY 2 YEARS! This is Arman’s chance to get him off of his game. Poirier will no doubt fair better than people think.

Just don’t think Arman wants to fight Islam without having a full camp to be prepared, as he should.

Back
Top Bottom