The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

giphy.gif

For P4P? Ya.

I give DJ less credit for title defenses in a hollow division.

2 Division Champs
Hendo
Couture
BJ
Conor
GSP
DC

If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
All of those mentioned besides Conor defended their straps and 2 division titles aren't the be all end all, JBJ doesn't have two straps, still a goat, Anderson doesn't have two straps, still a goat, Fedor, Aldo, Cruz etc.

All of those mentioned besides Conor defended their straps and 2 division titles aren't the be all end all, JBJ doesn't have two straps, still a goat, Anderson doesn't have two straps, still a goat, Fedor, Aldo, Cruz etc.
That's nice and all but we're directly comparing DJ and Conor

We gonna give DJ that much credit for his 6 title fights against Benevidez, Dodson, and soon to be Cejudo?

We gonna pretend Conor simply out pointed his way to a title run and not knock everyone TF out?

So if Aldo is a goat, and Conor knocked him tf out on the way to a 2 division title run is he not a goat?

By my count Conor has 3 wins against current and former champs, how many does DJ have?

Last edited:
That's nice and all but we're directly comparing DJ and Conor

We gonna give DJ that much credit for his 6 title fights against Benevidez, Dodson, and soon to be Cejudo?

We gonna pretend Conor simply out pointed his way to a title run and not knock everyone TF out?

So if Aldo is a goat, and Conor knocked him tf out on the way to a 2 division title run is he not a goat?

By my count Conor has 3 wins against current and former champs, how many does DJ have?

Yes, he dominated them in every one of those fights, where they had two times each to gameplan against him and they still came up way short.

He got pieced up by Nate Diaz bruh, only loses DJ has are to Cruz and a Pickett early in his career

Where are his defenses? He had the LW strap for a almost two years and made no attempt to defend it against Ferguson, Mcnuggets wanted none of that.

DJ doesn't have wins against champs because he's been only the Flyweight champ ever, he's been that dominant, all the other greats of the smaller classes have been knocked off, yet he still remains after all this time. It's time to stop hating b.

Dang some of y’all hate Conor so much you can’t even give him props for beating the 25-1 Featherweight king Jaldo?

Come on lol.

Chad Mendes comes back tonight on FS1, also Elkins on a huge win streak fighting on the undercard

JDS fighting some dude who's been a champ in WSOF and also beat Fedor in Sambo 10 years ago

Tonight’s card doesn’t look too shabby.

There’s also a Nurmagomedov on the card, these Russians don’t play.

Yes, he dominated them in every one of those fights, where they had two times each to gameplan against him and they still came up way short.

He got pieced up by Nate Diaz bruh, only loses DJ has are to Cruz and a Pickett early in his career

Where are his defenses? He had the LW strap for a almost two years and made no attempt to defend it against Ferguson, Mcnuggets wanted none of that.

DJ doesn't have wins against champs because he's been only the Flyweight champ ever, he's been that dominant, all the other greats of the smaller classes have been knocked off, yet he still remains after all this time. It's time to stop hating b.
If you had an opportunity to make a 100 million dollar pay day would you mess that up fighting a guy that wears sunglasses at night?

It's obvious Conor is trying to line up fights with the likes of GSP, Woodley, possibly Khabib, Holloway etc.

I can't really be mad at Conor for trying to line up the most lucrative pay day. Fighters careers are short and UFC doesn't have a good record of paying it's stars well.

If Holloway didn't miss his fights he probably could have lined up an opportunity for a Superfight against Ferguson, Khabib, or Conor.

DJ been the only champ at flyweight but the division has been hollow from the start.

It's border line women's mma level

If DJ was so great he'd go for a superfight like the others I listed and be higher on the p4p rankings

DJ been the only champ at flyweight but the division has been hollow from the start.

It's border line women's mma level

If DJ was so great he'd go for a superfight like the others I listed and be higher on the p4p rankings
Why would he fight another champ for the same money as fighting a FLW #1 contender? It's hilarious how money makes sense to you when it involves Conor, but when it involves anybody else it's a problem.

And if FLW is shallow, then HW and LHW are ponds in comparison

If DJ took the fight and won, his stock increases therefor positioning him to make more money in the future.

Why would Conor fight Tony Ferguson for 3 mil when he could box Floyd Mayweather for 100 mil?

Why consider him a goat if he's not fighting top contenders?

Why do you avoid all the questions?

If you cant recognize Conors accomplishments and accept both DJ and Mcnuggets in the GOAT pool then your letting your emotions cloud your better judgement.

Here's a good question. Who's the tougher fight for Conor: Tony or khabib?

I'd say Tony is considering his length and we'll roundedness. Khabib has shown he's very suspectible to getting cracked. If Eddie couldn't survive a Conor left hand, I don't see khabib being able to.

I'll give the nod to DJ over Conor certainly at this point but tbh, if Conor went out and beat Khabib or ferg, I'd have to give him the nod even if DJ went out and beat Cejudo again and then beat TJ

Aldo, probably the best version of nate, a champion version of Eddie, a young max and a certainly solid version of Dustin... that in itself isn’t as bad as some of y’all make it out to be

I agree Vin. His shenangians and whatnot make him seem overrated but objectively speaking, he's definitely top 15ish to ever fight in the octagon. Doubting Conor's fighting abilities is just ludicrous at this point

Throw in his win over juicing Mendes too.

Conor is one of the guys that people love but also love to hate and some will just never give the man his credit where it’s due because they just don’t like the guy.

It’s the type of fans that will pick against them but when they win it goes from “Aldo is gonna smash Mcgregor, he has no chance” to “Aldo’s washed up, post USADA, not even a good win”.

The same guys that picked Alvarez “Eddies gonna light him up” to “Lol Eddies trash just a Bellator bum”

It’s funny.

By the way I put DJ before Conor in the P4P but they are both in that upper echelon. I agree with Vince, if Conor beats Khabib he will jump ahead in my book.

Why do you avoid all the questions?

If you cant recognize Conors accomplishments and accept both DJ and Mcnuggets in the GOAT pool then your letting your emotions cloud your better judgement.
I never disregarded his accomplishments where you got this idk, they just aren't goat worthy imo, best prize fighter in mma history, hell yeah, goat though? Nah

Back
Top Bottom