The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yoel and DC going back and forth on twitter.

That’s a fight I definitely want to see. That’s a way better match up than Shogun vs DC.

It's definitely a tough argument re: Cormier/Johnson P4P #1.

Daniel has had to fight the P4P #1 guy twice, Anthony Johnson, Gustafson, Stipe, Mir, Big Foot, Hendo, Barnett, Silva, etc. Cormier's resume seems better on paper with the toughness of competition.

Make the Yoel fight. D.C. is the people’s champ.

There's no argument for p4p for me. I put DC, GSP, and Conor all in front of DJ.

They've all fought and won belts at multiple weight classes.

DJ too shook to fight TJ

Gsp is one of the goats be he loses points for not fighting Anderson in his prime for the mw strap, he jumped at the opportunity to fight that bum ping though. And Conor needs to defend before he's even in the goat conversation.

Prove It!
"It's the superfight everyone wants," Johnson told ESPN. "I think T.J. and I are both on board. We just want to make sure it's on a stacked card. We want to make sure we can benefit from a good pay-per-view buy. I think I deserve it, and I think he deserves it."

Johnson thinks he and Dillashaw stand to make the most money - and get the most eyeballs on the fight - if they are not the headlining bout.

"I'd rather have somebody else [be the] main event, who is going to bring in way more PPVs," Johnson said. "In my opinion, that's held up the fight on my end.

"I've seen guys jump on [stacked] PPV cards and make $1.5 million, fighting an inferior opponent than who I'm about to fight. Me and TJ could fight on a smaller card and pull 275,000 buys, get an extra check for $75,000. My management told me, 'You know what, we'll hold out for a big event.'"
DJ basically wants 2mil

I’m all for fighters getting more money but DJ probably priced himself out. I believe he makes 400k a fight with Reebok sponsorship included.

He probably asked for a million or 2 and Dana was like Lol.

There's no argument for p4p for me. I put DC, GSP, and Conor all in front of DJ.

They've all fought and won belts at multiple weight classes.

DJ too shook to fight TJ
You put Conor ahead of DJ just because he won two belts? Do title defenses and record not count?

Michael McDonald just broke his hand.. his hands are cursed. He missed like 2 years with hand injuries (and btw, Dantas just suffered a gruesome ankle injury, looked very serious)

McDonald said this 2 days ago before his fight tonight :smh:

“I better start punching lighter or something or just take it. But no, my coach he has been trying out a few different wraps. He’s already really, really good at wrapping hands. When I was working for UFC, the UFC wrapped my hands one time, and my hands got more hurt when UFC wrapped my hands than when my coach did. So I was like, ‘Obviously, my coach is better than the UFC at wrapping hands.’ He’s already really good at it, but he’s been experimenting with some other wraps that’ll protect my pointer finger, metacarpal muscles, a little bit better, and they’ve been feeling good, so that’s good.”

“Yes, but, it’s worth it. You know when you get those huge gloves from boxing, those are made, those are designed to let you get punched in the face more and not get knocked out. The brain damage that you get is irreparable. Hand damage is reparable. Cosmetic damage is reparable. So I’d much prefer to get a hand broken or some more cosmetic damage you know with the small gloves than to get brain damage from something like football or boxing. You know those are much much harder on the brain.”

Aldo, Max and Alvarez while going up in weight to fight Nate ... Two belts ... Literally made the modern UFC what it is ...

G.O.A.T.

Aldo, Max and Alvarez while going up in weight to fight Nate ... Two belts ... Literally made the modern UFC what it is ...

G.O.A.T.
giphy.gif

You put Conor ahead of DJ just because he won two belts? Do title defenses and record not count?
For P4P? Ya.

I give DJ less credit for title defenses in a hollow division.

2 Division Champs
Hendo
Couture
BJ
Conor
GSP
DC

If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack

Last edited:
Conor McGoat should be undisputed given he did more for fighter pay than anyone ... He created THE BAG and showed these typically brain dead fighters that THEY are the commodity ... This man was in a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather lol ...

The resume is unquestionably enough ... He ended Aldo's career, won two belts, Fought two weight classes up and already disposed of Maxine Waters <<< I gotta trademark that ...

That stuff doesn’t make someone the greatest. he’s made money for himself. Other fighters are still struggling and begging for better paydays. Lost to an above average fighter in Nate and he didn’t defend a belt because he didn’t want to lose one.

He didn't defend the belt because he was making more money elsewhere ... If you think Conor runs from fights your opinion is nullified ... Taking into consideration your pay AND legacy when selecting fights AFTER doing what he did is not running, it's smart business ...

This will all be taken care of when he fights Khabib and beats him ...

Back
Top Bottom