The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

BJ aint the only one getting into bar fights. Melvin been KO'ing guys cold. The first vid is more recent and he avoided jail time

so the first clip, he was bouncing at the club and the guy stepped the staff?
melvin always had a short fuse

funny cause they showed love to one another after the actual fight :lol:

06_a_an.jpg

I feel like the female atheltes pics for the Body issue are always disappointing (not that I wanted to see Nunes' lol), I mean Michelle Waterson who I find very attractive had some very unsavory pics.

From a photographer's perspective (if I can claim that), I like the body issues that ESPN does. I am all for celebrating different body types within sports.

Weird to have that pose for Amanda Nunes since I don't remember her ever doing a flying knee. They could have done better.

Ariel reminded me of this documentary with Dustin in it. I remember I first watched it like 5 years ago when Dustin was already established.. it was kind of mind blowing. Figure I’ll watch it again before Saturday

Ill be rooting for dustin come Saturday

Hoping Dustin is able to GET BACK UP, a lot of pressure on khabib this fight.....

I like felder but I gotta go Edson on this one...either way expecting a great rematch.

Hell yeah. War Diamond. War WEC.

If Khabib mauls this peak prime version of Diamond I'll have nothing else to critique, he will be the GOAT LW in my eyes

Then a Ferguson win would put him in the mix for p4p GOAT

I like a good rivalry but I do love how these guys are being totally respectable to each other. I doubted Dustin before and will do it again for this weekend but the UFC has always played with my emotions in who wins fights.

Dana saying BJ is officially done fighting for the UFC. Good move. After seeing dude get KOd by a Stockton slap in a street fight there’s no way dude should be getting licensed

“Listen, again, if Tony Ferguson’s ready,” White told ESPN when asked if the former ‘Ultimate Fighter’ winner will get the next title shot. “Tony Ferguson’s been offered opportunities before that he hasn’t taken. If Tony’s ready then yeah [he’s next].”

Nah that Usman vs Colby fight needs to happen. Is Colby even a draw? I mean we all hate him but outside of casual fans does anyone care. Reason I ask is if they're considering Masvidal instead I'm thinking Colby was asking for too much.
What do I know.

I don't think Colby's a draw yet but it's because he needs a foil. If he got that Woodley fight when it was supposed to happen and got the W, I believe his drawing power would have gotten a big boost. RDA and Lawler did nothing to sell the fights nor provide any contrast. Usman could be that guy...

From the Lawler fight:

"The show had the lowest audience of the five ESPN Fight Night main shows to date. That was largely expected because of the afternoon time slot and being in the summer. The only other afternoon show, a March 30 show which started at 4 p.m., headlined by Justin Gaethje vs. Edson Barboza, did 828,000 viewers.

The show peaked at 945,000 viewers for the main event.

In the main card time slot, the UFC show was the most-watched show in all male under-50 demos, including network shows such as NBC’s broadcast of NASCAR and CBS airing PGA golf."

Nah that Usman vs Colby fight needs to happen. Is Colby even a draw? I mean we all hate him but outside of casual fans does anyone care. Reason I ask is if they're considering Masvidal instead I'm thinking Colby was asking for too much.
What do I know.

Does it need to happen?

Or does Zuffa need to get their head out their butts to have something compelling for November (MSG) and December (New Years Eve).

Last years MSG main event was terrible. We went from needle movers to a simple mediocre. title fight

Does it need to happen?

Or does Zuffa need to get their head out their butts to have something compelling for November (MSG) and December (New Years Eve).

Last years MSG main event was terrible. We went from needle movers to a simple mediocre. title fight
With the history and beef between the two plus one is the champ and the other is the #1 contender, yes I think it does. Not sure about MSG but this is the next welterweight title fight imo.

Bro, it’s a business built on providing a night of fights under the UFC umbrella. It’s all a numbers game besides the needle movers (Conor, Nate, GSP, JBJ, etc).

It’s how Usman skipped the line in front of Colby. Or how Tyron isn’t even in the discussion.

Edit: Should they have a main event of Colby vs Usman and co main of Diaz vs Masvidal. Yes!

Last edited:
Khabib and Dustin at 155 officially. Dustin looked normal while Khabib definitely looked drained. Doesn't mean anything but I thought the contrast was noticeable

Khabib and Dustin at 155 officially. Dustin looked normal while Khabib definitely looked drained. Doesn't mean anything but I thought the contrast was noticeable
Dustin said something about coming in the lightest since he’s moved up to 155 rather than putting on weight

Wants to scramble or something

Back
Top Bottom