The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Crazy week in London for Bellator

Ghallagher punched Mike Kimbrel at a press event. Michael Page held Ghallgher back
Fabian Edwards and Shipman got into it at weigh ins and Michael Page ran in looking to scrap (he's Shipman's teammate)

Jones wasting his time in lwh at this point....move to hw and become goat. He can do it but he hates not having all the physical advantages

Huge risk in moving up to HW with monsters like Francis and Stipe.

Zuffa can sell Reyes vs Jones as a battle of the undefeated.

Jones don’t want heavyweight problems. One shot could be the end of his night in any of the top matchups and I don’t think he’s risking it.

I guess that’s the question. HW fights do have that one shot stopping power. The question is does he have the chin. And lower down, will he have the power to compete or will the skills he had at LHW translate to success in a division known less for their skills (besides Stipe and DC).

I’ve never seen Jones buzzed in a fight, he definitely has a solid chin. But if Ngannu catches him the right way it’s done deal, it’s like walking a tightrope for 5 rounds. And he seems to be way more cautious with dudes who can really crack, which is everyone at heavyweight.

He might eventually do it but he’s clearly been ducking it for awhile

You say that. But what about Stipe? He took a rocket to the face.

No telling how Jones could handle it. Admittedly, he’s never fought Rumble. Nor is he used to that type of power swinging for his head. But then again, Francis hasn’t fought a wrestler with G’n’P like Jon. Jon is also a dynamic striker. He’s not about volume or combos but you have to keep on your toes.

Let’s see what happen after the Reyes fight. Besides Anderson, no realother option at 205.

Yeah it’s all random. Cormier was throwing and landing heavy all throughout the second Stipe fight but could reproduce the KO from the first fight. Never know.

Over time I think the odds are that someone at heavyweight catches Jones with something though, but I guess we won’t know until he makes the move.

Its really unfortunate we never got to see Jj/Rumble go at it. I dont think Rumble has it anymore but we'll see if he really does return sometime 2020.

I also believe Corey needs one more signature win at lhw before he gets a shot. Guy has been really inconsistent and doesn't scream contender. I know how shallow lhw has been lately though.

I'm fine with whatever Jones decides before 2021. Unfortunately there really isn't anything significant for him outside of the Izzy fight, so if he isn't fighting at HW then it's going to be kind of uninteresting for the time being

Bellator main card about to start. Edwards and Shipman really hate each other. Fight probably determines who the best MW in the UK

I have to call BS at Bellator and MVP. 14-1 vs a 3-1 fighter?

In what world a reasonable matchup. They just lining cans for dude. And then last night, he fought random Italian Kickboxer dude as a replacement for Derrick Anderson.

Last edited:
He was scheduled to fight Derek Anderson, which would have been a solid opponent

It seems like they could do Lima vs MVP II, which MVP is basically begging for

Ugh... Odds were it was going to end this way but sucks to hear... Can't imagine what the family is going through... Thoughts and prayers to them

Was hoping we would get that fight in March but ill just be happy if it actually happens this time

also :smh: at that jan 18th date being all smoke from Conor at this point

Reactions: OTG
Gaethje vs. Dustin same card? Lol

Jorge tweeted he could make 154.. people talking mayweather coming back 2020 tweet with zuffa/UFC, y'all think Mayweather/Masvidal might be coming? Loll

Would love to see Masvidal get that payday but damn if Colby comes out with a W I need to see that fight

Not a chance on Mayweather/Masvidal

If Colby Wins that build up to see those 2 square up will be big. I could see them using that to headline the fourth of july card

Back
Top Bottom