The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Dom has the experience now in championship rounds. Work on Cardio and takedown defense a little more and things might go in his favor in a rematch. I saw it as a split dec. win going either way.

I too need to rewatch it again.

The difference is Jon knows the strategy now and can counter it

Reyes is going to have to show something different next time

Jones is on the way out...its true his aura of invincibility just isn't what it was anymore...

These guys keep getting younger and have been studying tape on jon for 10 years now

I feel like Jon should get out soon while he still on top...

Maybe stipe, stylebender and a rematch with reyes or santos

However, the stipe and stylebender fights do become that much more intriguing now all things considered....

shouldn't these be jones "prime" years? i feel like most of the fighters really hit their peak in their 30s.
then again, he's been doing this for so long

shouldn't these be jones "prime" years? i feel like most of the fighters really hit their peak in their 30s.
then again, he's been doing this for so long
You hit the nail on the head. He's been doing this so long. He's chronologically young, but his body sure aint. I'm not even going to delve into his possible past PED use and how that could factor into the present day Jones

On another point- I honestly don't think he's not training hard or anything like that but at some point Anthony Smith, Thiago Santos, Dom Reyes... these names these guys aren't going to really bring that true hunger

Izzy or Stipe would seem to be challenges that would get that out of him. When you're on top for that long, boredom or complacencies can happen. And Jackson's camp seems to be going through a lot of turmoil recently as well

Rewatched the fight again and I still believe Reyes won 1-3 and jones took 4 and 5. Can't wait for the upcoming Izzy fight.

Valentina is never going to lose at 125. I'm betting the house on her everytime. Want to see her fight Amanda again because I think she got robbed on one of their fights but I can't remember if it was there 1st or 2nd one.

I’m reading about this now and sounds like rogan was talking about someone who wasn’t even a judge. See him getting some backlash now but idk what to think. From some of the scores it’s easy to believe

I’m reading about this now and sounds like rogan was talking about someone who wasn’t even a judge. See him getting some backlash now but idk what to think. From some of the scores it’s easy to believe

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-joe-rogan-ufc-247-judging-criticism-backlash

Apparently, there are monitors rigged under the cafe level to give other views of the action to the judges. Odds are Rogan, Cruz, and the other commentators know this. Making their statements even more obvious bias garbage.

You can disagree with judge, but when you make bold statements while you yourself have a history of questionable opinions on fights and fighters...doesn't work out.

Still think the right man won the decision. No idea why the media is going so hard for Reyes.

If we want to pretend that Reyes deserved the win, then you need to revise Reyes' record to include a loss to Oezdemir. Funnily enough, after Oezdemir got robbed by Reyes; Rakic got robbed by Oezdemir.

Does this mean Rakic should deserves a title shot now?

LHW is a mess overall.

Yeah, pretty much all of the pods and reporters, analysts today had Reyes winning. It was a close fight but I was surprised to hear so few that actually went with Jones even after their rewatches

Interestingly enough, the A Side Pod brought up the point that the commentators were biased against Reyes more than anything. I haven't rewatched yet so I have no opinion on that yet

I agree though, I think Volkan beat Reyes and I think Rakic beat Volkan

I'd have to re-watch it again, but I can't recall bias for Jones during the fight. I just remember being overwhelmed by how much credit they were giving anything Reyes did. Only for them to follow with completely ****ting on the decision.

I've never been a Jones fan and I am still not. I do think Juiced Jones was the best Jones and that he's still held to that same standard. Anything other than total domination and people say he's lost it or just can't hang anymore.

Their claim was that Dom and them kept repeating "can he actually land these shots in the championship rounds?" through the 2nd and 3rd rounds. And specifically in the 3rd round, they made no mention of the clean shots landed by Reyes, particularly the most definitive strike landed by either (Reyes uppercut) and hooks to the body

Watched the fight sunday and the Reyes dude only landed about 20 shots over the last 3 rounds
4th and 5th rounds he was throwing one punch/kick every 15-20sec and none were landing
Wish Bones would have just slaughtered dude but he's a professionally trained fighter and I'm not
Bones corner didn't seem too worried about the fight, so he must have been executing the game plan they agreed on

I'd have to re-watch it again, but I can't recall bias for Jones during the fight. I just remember being overwhelmed by how much credit they were giving anything Reyes did. Only for them to follow with completely ****ting on the decision.

I've never been a Jones fan and I am still not. I do think Juiced Jones was the best Jones and that he's still held to that same standard. Anything other than total domination and people say he's lost it or just can't hang anymore.
Reyes came out blasting the first two rounds. What were the commentators supposed to say?
Reyes slowed down a bit in the third and was gased the following two which they mentioned. Maybe it seemed overwhelming because he was doing more than Jones for 3 rounds.

Judging was pretty **** through out the whole night tho honestly. That same judge who gave Jones 4 rounds gave a 30-27 in the early prelims to a fighter who got dominated the entire fight. Then in the Giles/Krause fight Krause had Giles back for about 90% of the 1st round, but same judge gave the round to Giles. Them early prelim fighters can easily have 1 bad decision that can **** up their money/career. So I don't mind them calling these judges out on anything

Listened to the MMA Fighting Coffee talk. Like Vince said, their staff discussed the skewed commentary.

They weren’t selling/mentioning the significant strikes Reyes was landing.

I’ve always had issues with Rohan’s commentary. The famous, “He’s hurt.”

Or the tangents Rogan takes the three man booth on. Both Dom Cruz and DC get pulled into the vortex.

not the best fight for someone who just got back in the winning column

“I’ve seen him. I’ve seen what I needed to see,” Adesanya said to SportingNews. In the fifth round, he tried to turn it on, but he couldn’t. Compare his fifth round to my fifth round against Kelvin Gastelum, there’s a difference.

“He’s washed up. He’s done,” Adesanya continued. “His best years are behind him. He’s still great, but he’s washed up now. He wasn’t doing s—. He was winning the rounds, but it wasn’t really doing s—, he was trying, but there’s levels to this.”

“It was close. There’s ways you can look at that fight,” he said. “Some people scored it Jones, some people scored it Dominick. Dominick thought he won the fight, Jones thought he won the fight. Some say draw. I would have given it a draw, but it’s one of those things; they put it on the line and it was a good fight, but I give it a draw.”

“I’ve seen what I needed to see; I’m the guy,” he said. “First, I have to take care of Romero. I have to take care of Paulo Costa and possibly Jared Cannonier, but 2021 — I don’t care if [Jones is] still the champ or not — Raiders Stadium [in Las Vegas] in 2021, I’m going to go up there to 205 and do what I do.”

This would be insane. Still wondering if Jorge or Lima is the better fighter right now

Would be great to see Lima in the UFC but I cant blame him for resigning with Bellator if the pay is right and all the fighters mostly have good things to say about Coker. Doubt they would ever do a crossover.

Back
Top Bottom