The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Izzy’s stock dropped like crazy after last night. Dude had next and then put on a huge dud of a performance in his biggest fight. Doesn’t matter if he “won”...nobody won that fight in the eye of the fans. Both of them were getting booed out of the octagon.

Izzy's stock fell but I don't think it matters that much. Fans have a short term memory and the impending Costa fight will give him the chance to get right back on track. Plus Izzy got a decent pay day and most likely has been cashing out on his success so far

For him, not absorbing brain trauma also may be a win. I know he wants to build his legacy and be the best ever but he may want to do so on his terms i.e. counter strike with certain opponents. If he got into a war with Romero like he did with Kelvin I mean that's asking for CTE

Stock dropped momentarily. Fight fans got short term memory. If he puts up another dud vs Costa then I'd be worried. But there's 0 chance that's happening.

All I know is Izzy is getting booed like a mother****er when he steps into the octagon next. I hope Costa steps right up and comes at him after viewing that trash last night. Izzy loses that and his stock really plummets.

Stock dropped momentarily. Fight fans got short term memory. If he puts up another dud vs Costa then I'd be worried. But there's 0 chance that's happening.

Very true. UFC knows how to get their fans back in the mix with fighters. All they need is some videos, trash talking and then it's on again. And with the way things have been going with Costa and Stylebender, the press leading up to the fight will have all kind of quotables.

You could tell when Dana was asked about the new stadium in vegas he has this Izzy and Jones fight in mind

Personally, I scored it 3-2 for Romero. There wasn't one round where I thought "Adesanya is taking over." He fought timid to me. It felt like the "look at his leg" comments on the post fight with Rogan was him convincing himself that's what determined the victory. I felt like it was more Romero setting the tone than it was Izzy. Another thing, I HATE the expression "you have to take it from the champ." No, you don't. All you have to do is be up on the scorecards at the end of the fight. Plain and simple.

Had Joanna looking like
f72d68ae1bfbf922cb019b6f969b380b--eric-stoltz-sad-movies.jpg

Personally, I scored it 3-2 for Romero. There wasn't one round where I thought "Adesanya is taking over." He fought timid to me. It felt like the "look at his leg" comments on the post fight with Rogan was him convincing himself that's what determined the victory. I felt like it was more Romero setting the tone than it was Izzy.
There was never one round where I thought "Romero is taking over". Romero fought timid

The leg kicks matter as they were the only significant damage of the entire 25 minutes. That itself weighs more than "setting the tone" which is arguable in itself

Another thing, I HATE the expression "you have to take it from the champ." No, you don't. All you have to do is be up on the scorecards at the end of the fight. Plain and simple.
Absolutely 100% agree. There is no such thing as you have to take it from the champ when it comes to scoring a fight. A Challenger should be able to win on points, even in a close fight. The Champion doesn't get some kind of advantage or benefit of the doubt

Overall there just wasn't much to evaluate for either fighter. Romero connected 2-3 times with overhands and that's about it. He wasn't credited with any take downs. Izzy didn't take any damage while Romero's leg got visibly battered

Wow. This thread.

One lens could be that fight was a stinker. Another could be the strategic genius of Eugene Berriman (sp) and the team of City KB.

Romero is a dangerous fight. Ask Weidman, Rockhold, Whitaker, etc.

Romero also tends to be a streaky, explosive fighter. He has tentative periods in a fight and saves his energy for those bursts to overwhelm his opponent.

Izzy is normally an exciting fighter or finisher. I think he fought “smart.” Leave the game with your senses.

That women’s fight. Definitely the best women’s fight ever. I have to say...Amanda might be #1. Valentina might be #2, possibly tied with Cyborg. But I got JJ ranked higher than Ronda, Holms, Tate, etc.

Izzy did what he had to do...

not mad at him...after he got touched by that first punch, his whole game plan went out the window.....

but HE CAN NOT talk no mo **** about bones and having boring performances.

This was his FIRST title defense and it was a snoozefest, he was definitely fighting TIMID at atimes

ain't never seen bones timid in there

This makes the paulo fight more interesting and definitely adds more fire to the potential jones fight....

big respect to izzy for staying active and taking this fight tho

What? Jones has been timid and safe the last three fights especially the ones where folks thought he lost (Santos and Reyes).

I agree. Izzy should be humble.
I was never the type to get upset at how Tyron Woodley would defend his title. Even though the title is a prop. That prop does come with perks.

What? Jones has been timid and safe the last three fights especially the ones where folks thought he lost (Santos and Reyes).

I agree. Izzy should be humble.
I was never the type to get upset at how Tyron Woodley would defend his title. Even though the title is a prop. That prop does come with perks.
I disagree.

I stand by what I said, I have never seen Jon timid in there. He's always moving forward, always trying to do damage, always trying to impose his will on the fight....even if he is down.

It's different when there is 10 years of UFC tape out there for your opponents to study, they know your style almost as good as you do....guys glamplan real well for jones these past few years.

I think figuring out the puzzle/path to victory and making adjustments on the fly is far different from sitting back timidly and hoping to out point your opponent on legs kicks.

I'll let you call it though

Apparently Jay Park is a big deal 😂

Ben Baller is Park's friend, commented on his IG "I'll have every LA gangbanger on his head"

Got something brewing here in LA

Zombie said slapping Jay Park is like a grown man beating a child :lol::lol:

Didn't he just have surgery tho? Thought he wouldn't be ready til June or something. Ortega bout to have flashbacks of the Holloway fight.

Someone’s got to be writing Zombie’s IG posts right? I don’t even think he talks like that.

Brian Ortega just needs to come back and fight already. It’s been way too long. Zombie and him would be a great fight.

I disagree.

I stand by what I said, I have never seen Jon timid in there. He's always moving forward, always trying to do damage, always trying to impose his will on the fight....even if he is down.

It's different when there is 10 years of UFC tape out there for your opponents to study, they know your style almost as good as you do....guys glamplan real well for jones these past few years.

I think figuring out the puzzle/path to victory and making adjustments on the fly is far different from sitting back timidly and hoping to out point your opponent on legs kicks.

I'll let you call it though

You are crazy as hell if you think the way Jon Jones has fought these past two fights would be considered “imposing his will”

That’ll depend on costa. We all expect him to be his usual, aggressive self. Dude gonna juice up to Bane status.

Back
Top Bottom