The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Come on man :lol: . They actually changed the game with the amount/way they feint. No one else was doing it to the level they were and a lot of coaches and fighter will/have said that.

When you have majority of your fighters in the rankings and a few who are champs/have fought for titles, it's not just getting lucky on all of them man.

We can agree to disagree. He isn’t responsible for his fighters being great or using feints.

For all the title contention, which is only limited to Adesanya/Kai, the rest of his camp has been bust outside of fighting guys they were matched to beat.

And please don’t mention Volk, his camps are in Australia with his real coach.

Edit: We aren’t seeing any of his full-time fighters improve is what I am getting at. The special ones were always special.

I'd say first option for UFC is getting the Strickland-Izzy rematch made as that's a much bigger fight than Sean-DDP. Heck if Chimaev gets a big win he prob leapfrogs DDP in the title shot pecking order. DDP likely has to fight someone like Cannonier first.

We can agree to disagree. He isn’t responsible for his fighters being great or using feints.

For all the title contention, which is only limited to Adesanya/Kai, the rest of his camp has been bust outside of fighting guys they were matched to beat.

And please don’t mention Volk, his camps are in Australia with his real coach.

Edit: We aren’t seeing any of his full-time fighters improve is what I am getting at. The special ones were always special.
Volk splits time at CKB. There's plenty pics he posts on IG where they're at CKB doing their spiders workout. From the start of his title run he's said in many interviews on MMA hour or with Luke that Eugene and Brad are the main ones who go thru the tape to build their gameplan.

We can agree to disagree but I don't get why you're discrediting him when the fighters he trained say all the same things. The feinting is what he built his gym off of from his own KB days lol.

We've also seen guys like Carlos Ulberg get better fight to fight and will find his way to the rankings soon. Brad Ridell made it to the 10-12 rankings in the toughest division to do it in. Dan Hooker was a win/loss fighter then made it as high as #5 and hasn't been out the ranks for years. The only fighters they haven't had ranked that's had more than 1 fight are Ulberg, Shane Young and Blood diamond. BD got a contract as a favor, he was 34 and 3-0, no where near UFC ready.

Nicksick is so dope lol— he said “Strickland aesthetically isn’t the most pleasing to watch, he’s awkward”

Lmao

He definitely gave izzy his props and said who’s to say izzy won’t figure Sean out more since it takes time to get used to Sean’s style

Volk splits time at CKB. There's plenty pics he posts on IG where they're at CKB doing their spiders workout. From the start of his title run he's said in many interviews on MMA hour or with Luke that Eugene and Brad are the main ones who go thru the tape to build their gameplan.

We can agree to disagree but I don't get why you're discrediting him when the fighters he trained say all the same things. The feinting is what he built his gym off of from his own KB days lol.

We've also seen guys like Carlos Ulberg get better fight to fight and will find his way to the rankings soon. Brad Ridell made it to the 10-12 rankings in the toughest division to do it in. Dan Hooker was a win/loss fighter then made it as high as #5 and hasn't been out the ranks for years. The only fighters they haven't had ranked that's had more than 1 fight are Ulberg, Shane Young and Blood diamond. BD got a contract as a favor, he was 34 and 3-0, no where near UFC ready.
Good Post. I appreciate your viewpoint and agree. But it is difficult to tell which part is Joe Lopez, which part is CKB.

But to obtain on the Island of Relevancy is a huge accomplishment. Before Izzy, who was checking for New Zealand? That card was filled with Australia/New Zealand talent. This is like the second event in Australia this year. Good market and enough talent to fill a card, including the head liners.
Any Strickland fight is going to be a banger

dood loves to stand and bang.

I'm down for any of the top 5 vs Strickland

Been seeing IZZY defend for years, division needs movement
One thing I'll say about Strickland. He's willing to fall on that sword.

Any Strickland fight is going to be a banger

dood loves to stand and bang.

I'm down for any of the top 5 vs Strickland

Been seeing IZZY defend for years, division needs movement
Agree with this but in terms of casuals/ratings you know Strickland-Izzy is a massively more marketable fight. I don't think Izzy should get the immediate rematch and would like to see a new challenger in the title picture. At this point it's just hard to put a Strickland-DDP as a PPV main event and they'd likely need to put it as a co-main.

I guess no one wanted to take a short notice fight against Shavkat this weekend and who can blame them but I just want to see him back out there with a top WW.

It's also strange they haven't announced Leon-Colby yet (assuming its still being made). That seems like a no brainer to co-main Jones-Stipe but obviously there's more going on behind the scenes.

They gotta be sitting on a ton of announcements. I'm sure TKO wants to use hype to drive the price of their stocks.

Women's BW title situation? Women's Feather Weight (is this going away)?

What's up with Pantoja? Obviously Volk/Ilia. Gane/Aspinall? Aspinall/Pavlovich? Who does Cannonier fight next? What's up with Arnold Allen?

I do wish they'd inject a lil WWE vignettes (more like sports reels or cool sound bites) to help promote MMA fighters.

Also Bellator going to continue (since they're asking for half a billi selling price)?

So out of the two, who would deserve a title match more? Izzy or Rob?

Rob got knocked out by the African Borne future champ. Izzy got walked down by Strickland.

I think Izzy could win the belt again if things fall his way match up wise.

He would need to do it before Khamzat or Nickal touch the strap though.

Back
Top Bottom