The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

So they dug up this can to showcase Bonfim in his home country?

Dalby bout to upset Bonfim.

🤣

Smh. Now Dalby on the roster till he losses three more?

Last edited:
Alright- hearing more about this- I’m a little confused. If the ufc negotiated some kind agreement where would that money go? To cung lee? Or would it be dispersed between all the ufc fighters?

If the ufc decided to just do an agreement would that mean the records would all remain sealed or are those records coming out regardless?
Finally had time to catch up with everything. Any money made whether they go trial or settle will be to any and all fighters who joined the antitrust. Pretty much any fighter who fought in the UFC between 2010-2017 were qualified., including active fighters. From what I saw when the news first broke, it was a total of 1200 fighters who fought between that time. Plaintiffs are looking for anywhere between 800mil to 1.6 bil. Imagine if all 1200 fighters were able to join. If the lawyer fees were 30% off the min 800mil you're still talking about around 460k to each fighter. Which I'm sure is more than most careers.

Unfortunately if fighters renewed their contracts within the last year and a half, the UFC added to the new contracts that they can not join any antitrust lawsuit.

To my understanding since it's an antitrust lawsuit and the UFCs appeal was denied, most documents will be unsealed.

All those fight purses that got released are nasty man. Conor got shafted, underpaid like a mfer.

Last edited:
Can't believe my BS flier Jailton by points actually hit :lol:

Even though it was a tough watch, the man's skill set is an A+ and his cardio was still there to keep blasting doubles. Nobody is going to want to fight him.

Looking forward to the main event and Frevola Saint Danis. Been wanting this Jiri/Alex fight since Alex signed over. Can't ****ing wait for it.

Sheezus

Is this Smack DVD?

Ariel came with a bar to end the conversation.

Wild is he could go down the road Conor did but he’s tried to keep the high road despite tensions.

I think Ariel went a lil far this last week caping (cape not cap) for Francis where I really feel he should remove himself from the journalist of the year conversation. But man that was a bar. And if I were Ali I’d leave it alone.

Eh, don't mind the whole Ariel and Chael thing. Chael 100% playing it up and the man is always capping for the promotion.

Man's got put in his place capping for the UFC in the antitrust against the lawyer who I've posted tweets in here covering the suit. Man's got no shame in talking just to talk with no facts behind. So anything Chael says I just chalk it up as entertainment and put no weight behind any of it.

Isn’t there a good revenue sharing model in the NBA? And when you’re marquee fighter in boxing, you make bank.

Chael does come off as an entertainer. But he also seems to want to be one of the prime analysts and sub promoter based on his affiliations.

Not sure about that Ariel clip posted earlier. They do have that relationship of trying to have a First Take type show for MMA.

Never watched it. I understood why ESPN made it. Take the most charismatic MMA guy (before Conor) and pair him with the arguable best MMA journalist. Win/Win. Pretty much gave it to DC/RC. Ariel left ESPN due to Dana.

Chael did drop that Costa/Chimaev scoop on Ariel though. But I agree with you, bro. His YouTube clips are just talking in circles, pro promotion and zero technical analysis.

Also was listening to the Friday Morning Kombat and heard mention of the Karan Johnson anti-trust case and how UFC baked fighters can’t Sue the UFC in their contracts.

“The lawsuit filed by Johnson and Dollaway alleges that Zuffa violated antitrust laws by paying UFC fighters far less than they were entitled to receive and eliminating or hurting other MMA promoters,” representatives of the lawsuit said in a statement

Ex-UFC fighters C.B. Dollaway, Kajan Johnson file new lawsuit against UFC and Endeavor

Back
Top Bottom