The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Managed to avoid spoilers and watched the card last night. Main event was kind of a snoozer and Leon did what he needed to get the win, was hoping he'd put the foot on the gas little more when he clearly could have hurt Colby. Thought he made some dumb risks when trying to grapple and in the final rd thought he almost had the triangle there. Still a mostly dominant performance but Colby looked beyond washed, that near two year layoff and his age showed.

Co-main was little better but still not a great fight imo. Pantoja held on but he needs to work on his cardio when it comes to the championship rounds. Will be interesting to see who they match him up with next considering he already beat Moreno twice. Maybe Albazi if he beats Moreno or even Kape if he beats Nicolau.

That Emmett KO of Bryce was insane and scary. It doesn't get much cleaner than that, was hard to watch with Bryce having seizures on the mat.

Overall card had some moments but didn't live up to the hype (good cards on paper are hit and miss obviously). 297 doesn't look great on paper but I'll still give it a look. WBW in shambles rn.

Usman is out of ideas after whittaker and costa apparently are going to fight lol

94516EAE-77A9-4E1B-97CF-0779035A7278.png

Leon aint getting a champ champ fight, especially after the Colby fight. I think the fight with Belal will be close if that is indeed next. Then Shavkhat takes him out easily.

Outside of the Usman finish he hasn't had a stoppage win since 2018! Plus guy isn't most polarizing fighter outside the cage, I like his style personally but he doesn't move the needle.

Definitely ready for rahkmanov to become champ

He’s quiet, boring and dull but at least he has a 100% finishing rate lol. He goes for the kill and that is enough

Leon is so vanilla and boring in everything. Nothing about him is that moving

Bryce KO was one of the hardest 1 hitter quitters I ever seen

Funny enough, leading up to the fight all week Bryce was talking about how Emmit was the hardest hitter in the division :sick:

If Bryce can make a living doing something else he should

He’s not elite and he’s probably going to get hurt badly again if they match him up with a striker who is decent at wrestling

I’m actually with Aaron

Everyone coming for colby calling him overrated and criticizing his resume, no career highlight etc

I don’t think anyone ever said colby was some kind of WW goat. He was simply perceived as a top 3 ww and probable champ if not for usman. What’s wrong with this lol. Factually he was one of the best ww’s in his era

Everyone calling him trash and never all that great is just making Leon and usman’s wins look like it means nothing. Totally unfair to them imo. I mean usman mostly

Man's never had a signature win. Saying that he was undoubtedly the 2nd best WW at that time and would've been a lock as champ if usman wasn't there is just wrong (this was always said back then).

Leon never got the opportunities he got early and I think Durhino wouldve dusted Colby if they fought.

Man's never had a signature win. Saying that he was undoubtedly the 2nd best WW at that time and would've been a lock as champ if usman wasn't there is just wrong (this was always said back then).

Leon never got the opportunities he got early and I think Durhino wouldve dusted Colby if they fought.
Actually a prime colby would have been way more interesting for a younger Leon or Leon in general. Same goes with an imaginary fight with Gilbert or Belal

Usman is a way different wrestler than colby and developed his striking under witman, but, he had Leon in their second fight. Controlled him for over 20 minutes

Regardless, colby was still one of the best ww’s during his era but never crowned until he could beat usman. He didn’t. So… he simply stays as one of the best

Actually a prime colby would have been way more interesting for a younger Leon or Leon in general. Same goes with an imaginary fight with Gilbert or Belal

Usman is a way different wrestler than colby and developed his striking under witman, but, he had Leon in their second fight. Controlled him for over 20 minutes

Regardless, colby was still one of the best ww’s during his era but never crowned until he could beat usman. He didn’t. So… he simply stays as one of the best
Yet he still ducked all those fights and wasted his prime sitting out. All we have are the facts. He willfully ducked guys next in line only to fight older out of prime guys, to pad his overrated resume. 🤷‍♂️ just calling it how I see it.

Yet he still ducked all those fights and wasted his prime sitting out. All we have are the facts. He willfully ducked guys next in line only to fight older out of prime guys, to pad his overrated resume. 🤷‍♂️ just calling it how I see it.
I don’t know how your rate him or if you think he was elite or not so I’m not gonna guess

But I’m just saying imo he was one of the best ww’s of his era. If you don’t wanna say number 2 ok I won’t even argue that but I still think he was elite

It just sucks for him that he was inched out by a prime usman in their first one and arguably inched out again in their rematch. Those were his most memorable highlights

If Colby wasn’t one of the best in his time then I think that’s kinda weird how much trouble a goat like usman had with him. That doesn’t add up for me

Other than those losses- his wrestling and pace in his prime were enough for me to comfortably have this opinion, old, handpicked opponents or not

Again an imaginary fight with Leon or Belal are winnable imo. Just how I see it as well

I don’t know how your rate him or if you think he was elite or not so I’m not gonna guess

But I’m just saying imo he was one of the best ww’s of his era. If you don’t wanna say number 2 ok I won’t even argue that but I still think he was elite

It just sucks for him that he was inched out by a prime usman in their first one and arguably inched out again in their rematch. Those were his most memorable highlights

If Colby wasn’t one of the best in his time then I think that’s kinda weird how much trouble a goat like usman had with him. That doesn’t add up for me

Other than those losses- his wrestling and pace in his prime were enough for me to comfortably have this opinion, old, handpicked opponents or not

Again an imaginary fight with Leon or Belal are winnable imo. Just how I see it as well
Thought the whole point of Aaron was people saying his resume was overrated, which it is. Man's resume is living off of a tough fight with Usman.

We've seen guys give the greats hard fights before due to stylistic matchups. No one considered Gus the 2nd best LHW after the first Jones fight.

Thought the whole point of Aaron was people saying his resume was overrated, which it is. Man's resume is living off of a tough fight with Usman.

We've seen guys give the greats hard fights before due to stylistic matchups. No one considered Gus the 2nd best LHW after the first Jones fight.
He didn’t mention resume but it doesn’t even matter. He was saying people are diminishing Colby’s career and skills

Yes but gus was still considered one of the best of his time

If your main beef is that people considered him the second best, then I guess nobody can truly prove that wrong

That’s not even my point anyway. Colby can have “an overrated resume” and still be one of the best of his time. Both can be true and I actually could agree with this

With that being said if he’s one of the best then saying his resume was overrated becomes less impactful

Back
Top Bottom