The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Why is Ariel acting so naive lol same with Mike Heck

What has changed?

Um, they were a struggling promotion who almost went out of business... then they started getting a spark... they had to clean themselves up at least to the bare minimum to keep getting sponsors and building their brand... at least fake that they were going to have some kind of standard or code of conduct...

.....ended up getting bought out for billions and still got kept on to run the ship... and then.... they got a deal with ESPN to print money

What is the mystery here? :rofl:

He's paid. He's made. He can act and do and say and allow any and everything he wants. ESPN aint care. The owners don't care. Society doesn't care. So why would Dana? :rofl:

And Ariel needs to stop talking to these stupid *** people who know nothing about the sport and try to give some kind of unique perspective :lol::sick::rofl::smh:like who the **** is Pablo Torres to speak on this?

^^^I'm actually listening to the full interview. It's actually a good listen. It talks about the UFC different approaches to inflammatory speech. Ariel's relationship with UFC as a journalist.

If ya not a fan of mass communication, fourth estate, etc...skip.

But you're right. He brings up how the goal was to get to ESPN. Then adopting an I don't care attitude.

Last edited:
The only time they cared was that one time...at the beginning of COVID. That event got cancelled at the Indian Reservation.

The question is when will sponsors/ESPN care - nothing will change until then as we know
From the sounds of it- from smart people in the know- they are all saying espn is making so much off the ufc and vice versa

I personally am surprised espn Disney let’s this go on on their broadcasts but yeah, they’ve done zero on every controversy. Dana slapping his wife. Homophobia and everything else, still not a peep

From the sounds of it- from smart people in the know- they are all saying espn is making so much off the ufc and vice versa

I personally am surprised espn Disney let’s this go on on their broadcasts but yeah, they’ve done zero on every controversy. Dana slapping his wife. Homophobia and everything else, still not a peep

It did come up in a Disney board meeting I heard

I think most of us know what changed with the UFC and co. As ridiculous at their whole "free speech" mindset is these days they know it's what's best for business at the moment. Since they started doing events during the pandemic they have almost had carte blanche in many regards.

To show you just how much has changed look at this stance UFC tried to take with Nate back in 2013

Now they would just sweep this under the rug and have Nate issue some half as apology. You almost have to do something as bad as Vince McMahon to get ousted if you're a major star or in a high position with the UFC.

I think most of us know what changed with the UFC and co. As ridiculous at their whole "free speech" mindset is these days they know it's what's best for business at the moment. Since they started doing events during the pandemic they have almost had carte blanche in many regards.

To show you just how much has changed look at this stance UFC tried to take with Nate back in 2013

Now they would just sweep this under the rug and have Nate issue some half as apology. You almost have to do something as bad as Vince McMahon to get ousted if you're a major star or in a high position with the UFC.
Yup. Someone brought this Nate thing up in here in the last few weeks … I’m just saying- of course they’re gonna treat things with white gloves over 10 years ago… pre-new ownership

They had to for their own $ake. Now they can operate however they like with no reason to clean up anything or to have a pr department

I don’t know if Ariel is asking like in an ironic way, or what his angle is but he needs to see the painting right in front of his face

People are going to get away with what they are allowed to. When you have a rich powerful person even more so

It did come up in a Disney board meeting I heard
I need to know what these important people in high places actually think or say about this relationship lol

Obviously in reality they don’t care but business wise- this is incredible to have Disney have a product so publicly explicit

Im sure Disney is associated with every dark entity under the sun but the ufc is so loud about it

I need to know what these important people in high places actually think or say about this relationship lol

Obviously in reality they don’t care but business wise- this is incredible to have Disney have a product so publicly explicit

Im sure Disney is associated with every dark entity under the sun but the ufc is so loud about it

Just DM me bro lol

We don’t need to bog the thread down they don’t care about this

ughh I hate new MMA fans.

they talk bout everything ASIDE from fighting
39lcel.jpg

The only thing is bruv- what else we gonna do

“I think Charlie gonna win”

“I think Arman gonna”

Das it

We gotta have more. That’s why the nba thread for instance is the way it is same with the nfl

Back
Top Bottom