The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Pulling guard or going for a guillotine just seems so ill advised especially when your a talented striker like Dustin. I could understand trying to pull the hail mary against Khabib who almost surely will be able to get you down but against guys like BSD?! He is who he is at this stage of his career though.

Jeb Meschew (sp) recommended UFC book Dustin/Islam. I wouldn’t be mad at that. One last chance to try to get gold.

If Dustin was a Street Fighter player, anytime his opponent does anything, he’d flow chart guillotine lol. Bro needs to focus on what works. He did the same to Khabib. Waste.

I don’t get what he was doing with all those gullotines
A few times last night he had Benoit rocked and went for the gullotine made no sense

Dustin still has the greatest walk out song of any fighter

Looked even worst when DC said the gilly was Dustin's best sub and Anik read the stat that Dustin's never finished a fight by guillotine :lol:
I was listening to the MMAfighting post show. They brought up how Anik said, this is the first time Chito has fought a sniper like Sugah. Rogan goes that’s not true. Anik corrects himself and says oh yeah Cory Sandhagen lol. Joe responds Chito fought Suga before 😂

You can’t make this up. UFC commentary is such clown shoes. I really wish they’d bury the hatched with Dan Hardy and bring back the team of he, Gooden and Bisping (just adding Bisping for personality lol).
I don’t get what he was doing with all those gullotines
A few times last night he had Benoit rocked and went for the gullotine made no sense

Dustin still has the greatest walk out song of any fighter

My man gave zero dambs. The guillotine was going to save him from this relentless barrage of a freaking grappler. Never mind his less proficient striking or lack of defense that you can exploit with your MMA boxing.

Glad Dustin Porier didn’t call out Terrence Crawford or Errol Spence or Canelo Alvarez.

Worst Bs is calling out these boxers or the higher weight class champion. It’s gotta stahp along with the politics. Or at least have Trump call our GOATbama or a transgender Biden called Hilary.

I caught that Anik comment on real time as well, hilarious.

The way UFC sets things up makes so sense. From having no set options for 300 after knowing this date was coming, to now having islam fight in June and you’re having the potential top 2 contenders fight less then 8 weeks earlier on 300.

I don’t see who fights Islam outside of Dustin just considering timing, and there’s a world where gaethje/Olivera could both win at 300 and one of them still never get a title shot just due to timing.

O'Malley made a statement. Was not expecting that at all. I'm glad it seems like all roads lead to Merab. It'll be that star making moment for O'Malley

JDM is sus imo. I know he's had a ton of hype and good on him for the comeback but I'm not convinced quite yet amongst his other recent bouts. Something about him and Brady I don't trust. He don't want those Rahkmanov problems

Page had a decent debut. The first round was brutal for Holland. I'd do Wonderboy, Magny or Neal next

Good on Diamond for pulling out the W. First round went how I'd thought. Nothing from that fight leads me to believe Dustin is a serious threat to Islam. Apparently BSD had some kind of health issue as well. It makes sense

O'Malley made a statement. Was not expecting that at all. I'm glad it seems like all roads lead to Merab. It'll be that star making moment for O'Malley

JDM is sus imo. I know he's had a ton of hype and good on him for the comeback but I'm not convinced quite yet amongst his other recent bouts. Something about him and Brady I don't trust. He don't want those Rahkmanov problems

Page had a decent debut. The first round was brutal for Holland. I'd do Wonderboy, Magny or Neal next

Good on Diamond for pulling out the W. First round went how I'd thought. Nothing from that fight leads me to believe Dustin is a serious threat to Islam. Apparently BSD had some kind of health issue as well. It makes sense
I liked Sean before. But 299 was definitely the Suga show. He showed he could fight championship rounds. His precise striking was on display. Anyone else and they’d probably have succumbed to that knee. I’ve been saying Usman and Merab got next. But Sean definitely could sleep Merab if he moves in a sloppy BSD/Almeida like manner.

Gilbert was winning that fight. The tale of the night. Spamming. Shavkat would destroy JDM. I just don’t see enough in his game.

Besides that one slip up in round two, MVP was styling and vexing Holland. When have you ever seen Holland not talk crap or engage in antics? UFC just has to handle MVP with fine gloves. WB is probably the next best test for him and helps fast track him to the title.

BSD defends with his face. War is good until it’s not. He’s going to switch up his style a la Gaethje after the Porier loss. Wars of attrition are 50/50. You can’t fight like that at higher levels.

BSD had a small hole that looked like staph on his forehead. Probably on antibiotics during camp but results would've been the same without it. If he learns to control the chaos like Gaetjhe, he'll fight for the title.

JDM still has potential. Heard that this was his first camp he trained with Craig Jones, and it showed. He pulled one of his moves when he scrambled off the fence and finished Burns with that knee. Once he smoothes his grappling, he'll fight for a title. His MMA boxing is really special. He won't beat Shavkat right now, but it will be a fun fight for however long it lasts.

Their plans for MVP should be to avoid anyone who's a decent wrestler. Match him with Neal then check the landscape for an eliminator if they want to shoot him in the title picture.

BSD had a very visible staph infection on his forehead.

BSD had a small hole that looked like staph on his forehead. Probably on antibiotics during camp but results would've been the same without it. If he learns to control the chaos like Gaetjhe, he'll fight for the title.

JDM still has potential. Heard that this was his first camp he trained with Craig Jones, and it showed. He pulled one of his moves when he scrambled off the fence and finished Burns with that knee. Once he smoothes his grappling, he'll fight for a title. His MMA boxing is really special. He won't beat Shavkat right now, but it will be a fun fight for however long it lasts.

Their plans for MVP should be to avoid anyone who's a decent wrestler. Match him with Neal then check the landscape for an eliminator if they want to shoot him in the title picture.
I don't think we can say that tbh. BSD cardio was gone. Yes he doesn't have great defense but his offense is more than enough to carry him through that matchup imo. Poirier was looking goofy with all those gillys. This version of Dustin just aint the same and that's totally fine, nobody with that mileage should be the same

He will most definitely fight for the title

Leon should still have at least 2-3 years of being elite. Besides Rahkmanov I guess there's only really Garry. I don't think JDM would beat any of them but yeah I'm sure he'll end up with a title fight at some point in his career. The future of the division doesn't look to be that loaded tbh

I don't think we can say that tbh. BSD cardio was gone. Yes he doesn't have great defense but his offense is more than enough to carry him through that matchup imo. Poirier was looking goofy with all those gillys. This version of Dustin just aint the same and that's totally fine, nobody with that mileage should be the same

He will most definitely fight for the title

Leon should still have at least 2-3 years of being elite. Besides Rahkmanov I guess there's only really Garry. I don't think JDM would beat any of them but yeah I'm sure he'll end up with a title fight at some point in his career. The future of the division doesn't look to be that loaded tbh
Staph definitely played a part in his cardio. He put on a higher pace when he fought Moises and was fine that fight. Said it last night but he reminded me of wsof/early ufc Gaetjhe. He got 1 gear from the start and it's going to be who breaks first. It works against the guys on the way up, but once you hit that top 5-7 it's a different story.

JDM definitely a step behind them guys. Him only being 27 and having an A+ skills makes me confident he'll catch up and hang around the top of 170 for a while. Shavkat will eventually be in a tier of his own.

Staph definitely played a part in his cardio. He put on a higher pace when he fought Moises and was fine that fight. Said it last night but he reminded me of wsof/early ufc Gaetjhe. He got 1 gear from the start and it's going to be who breaks first. It works against the guys on the way up, but once you hit that top 5-7 it's a different story.

JDM definitely a step behind them guys. Him only being 27 and having an A+ skills makes me confident he'll catch up and hang around the top of 170 for a while. Shavkat will eventually be in a tier of his own.

I want to see shavkat/Leon NOW. Just feel like we’re putting off the inevitable having shavkat fight anyone else but for the title

Back
Top Bottom