The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Been listening to comedian podcasts and wondering how the hell schaub transitioned to being a comedian and being friends with a lot of them. Is he funny? he sounds like the typical, meathead jock guy on the clips I’ve watched of his podcast on YouTube. If the plan was to become good friends with rogan then network with his comedian friends then that was a good plan and worked.

Shaub is not funny. He kisses every *** of anybody that is popular. He acts like he’s knowledabke about every and anything that is popular.
Also reminds me of a damn near 40 year old
4CD62C3F-FA6B-4E1C-8EBD-59A482AD2631.png

Trying to hold out hope we somehow get some fights back next month when the next ufc card was suppose to happen

Trying to hold out hope we somehow get some fights back next month when the next ufc card was suppose to happen

It comes down to a broadcasting bottleneck. Disney/ESPN isnt gonna let fights be shown anytime soon.

Me personally, I would LOVE some entertainment right now. Its insensitive when you have thousands dying every single day to an existing pandemic though, which trumps my own selfish wants.

Last edited:
With the UFC/DISNEY deal - do they own all content and live events for the next X amount of years? I would assume so.

Only way we get a fight card is if Dana has that island up and running. So who knows when that'll be. He said the infrastructure was being built already so I'd say "best case scenario" would be international fight week.

But anyways, anybody have fight pass? Since there's no fights going on anytime soon should throw up our own fight companion one night for one of the old great fight cards. UFC, pride, WEC or SF :nerd:

Only way we get a fight card is if Dana has that island up and running. So who knows when that'll be. He said the infrastructure was being built already so I'd say "best case scenario" would be international fight week.

But anyways, anybody have fight pass? Since there's no fights going on anytime soon should throw up our own fight companion one night for one of the old great fight cards. UFC, pride, WEC or SF :nerd:
Best fights off all time marathon

buc em buc em is my guy but damn, why you bringing the arguing into the MMA thread :lol:

I got banned from the Corona thread so I gotta go off on these doomsday mother****ers somewhere :lol: as soon as I read another of these dudes say there’ll be zero sports played the rest of the year while we’re in ****ing April I can’t help myself.

Nobody taking that 1k bet :emoji_eyes:

Exactly. They can say whatever they want arguing over and over again but can’t put their money where their mouth is.

If the bet is all sports, that's kinda a risk to bet that nothing will take place. Although tbh I think both sides have a good shot at winning

We already know Dana and the UFC ownership are doing anything and everything in their power to do an event as soon as possible. Betting against Dana and 8 months of time is definitely a gamble

But some of the other sports like the NBA seem to be taking an extremely conservative approach by contrast

If the bet is all sports, that's kinda a risk to bet that nothing will take place. Although tbh I think both sides have a good shot at winning

We already know Dana and the UFC ownership are doing anything and everything in their power to do an event as soon as possible. Betting against Dana and 8 months of time is definitely a gamble

But some of the other sports like the NBA seem to be taking an extremely conservative approach by contrast
If you're the NBA you'r weighing the terrible PR if you start the season again and players/fans start getting sick. UFC is in a slightly different spot because Dana's never giving a **** about public image so he doesn't care about how it'll look. The only battle he has to fight are state officials and the higher ups at ESPN

I mean... Betting 1k in hopes of this pandemic to continue on til the end of the year is next level degen, even for my gambling ***.

Is it really hard to believe that we actually want things to go back to normal as soon as possible. But also not be ignorant to the way things seem to be shaping out for us.

Yeah the ESPN vs the UFC angle is interesting. Gotta wonder if that battle is going to make their relationship turn sour

Although I just read a headline the NBA is on track for a 25 day plan to resume. Gonna read the article now

I mean... Betting 1k in hopes of this pandemic to continue on til the end of the year is next level degen, even for my gambling ***.

Is it really hard to believe that we actually want things to go back to normal as soon as possible. But also not be ignorant to the way things seem to be shaping out for us.

Are you aware that if we don’t have sports at all til 2021 then that means that not only is this season of NBA cancelled but also probably next year’s as well considering we’d be damn near at the All Star break and that would mean the entire NFL season is cancelled. Keep in mind that this doesn’t just include pro sports. This would mean kids across the entire country at all levels would go an entire year without being able to play any sports at all. And I would expect gyms to be closed during that whole time as well if they’re really THAT worried about germs.

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds for it being April....?

Not to mention how broke a lot of these UFC dudes would be with zero income for 9+ months. Those dudes would start backyard fighting Kimbo Slice style and stream it for cash before they go that long without a pay day.

Back
Top Bottom