The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Eh, mma people are getting repitive with the we're cage fighters but we'll also beat up people out the cage. We get it, if they pride themselves in that then good for them.

I dunno how one dimensional lee murray was but the story of him knocking out tito was entertaining.

He's the GOAT cheat, that's about it.

Wiped clean from the record books and erased from foundations that he's helped create.

Nobody is running around singing Lances praises as a cyclist in 2017.

Also, juicing in combat sports is way worse to me than juicing in a sport like baseball or cycling.

You're fighting another person in a cage, this isn't riding a bike up a hill.

It's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt, their opponent pops and lawyers get involved, IMO.

You pop twice, you should he hit w/ a lifetime ban, that's it.
That's cool ....

Unlike you, I believe as many others do, that LA is one of the greatest cyclist to ever compete.

He cheated, sure, so have many others... does it make it right? No ...

If you don't think Silva or Jones are great fighters cool ... you are entitled to your opinion ....

If you really think Jones and Silva are/were the only ones dipping .. smh

Again .. if you cheat is doesn't matter where you do it .. is the same **** .. Clemens Bonds McGuire all of them are HOF ... Pete Rose ban for betting still one of the greatest and the list goes on ....

I'm not going to argue the point with you.....

Schaub was staying out of the way when Rogan was taking shots at Paulie since he is kinda boys with Paulie since working with him on Showtime. usually he would jump in and encourage Rogan on this type of stuff :lol:
Rogan hella sensitive when people take jabs at mma

Nate has always trained with boxers and has respect for them in the boxing ring. Sounds like he hates the idea of them speaking out of pocket outside the of the squared circle though

I don't think it's that deep. Dudes talk.

Floyd said he'd fight Conor in the Octagon (we know this ain't happening). Berto talked about going to MMA and being a champ.

He's hung with both since I believe.

I think they just caught him in a mood in that one vid around the time cats were doing the "mcgregor challenge".

Nah, Nate isn't referring to Floyd or Berto specifically nor does he have dislike for them. He's referring to the boxers and the media/fans who talk out of pocket. Nate is smart. He knows in a boxing ring MMA guys don't have a chance but he was being dead serious in the interview when he said in the Octagon that boxers would get embarrassed much worse

Again he isn't meaning to diss anyone in particular that's his stance and it was more so aimed at the thought that folks were getting a bit disrespectful

James Toney was embarrassed in the MMA ... if a boxer get some training in mostly defending the takedown, they have a better chance than an MMA fighter going into the boxing ring ... but still is not by much .. from 0 to 5%

Nah, Nate isn't referring to Floyd or Berto specifically nor does he have dislike for them. He's referring to the boxers and the media/fans who talk out of pocket. Nate is smart. He knows in a boxing ring MMA guys don't have a chance but he was being dead serious in the interview when he said in the Octagon that boxers would get embarrassed much worse

Again he isn't meaning to diss anyone in particular that's his stance and it was more so aimed at the thought that folks were getting a bit disrespectful

But by that same logic Floyd and Berto were being "disrespectful" and talked "out of pocket". And he has no problem with those dudes.

It's not that deep. It had nothing to do with boxers and MMA imo. Fans create that soap opera more than fighters do more often than not. He wasn't talking about anyone specific and he's hung with mad boxers since. It was just a spur of the moment comment when dudes were doing the "challenge" heavy.

Last edited:
But by that same logic Floyd and Berto were being "disrespectful" and talked "out of pocket". And he has no problem with those dudes.

It's not that deep. It had nothing to do with boxers and MMA imo. Fans create that soap opera more than fighters do more often than not. He wasn't talking about anyone specific and he's hung with mad boxers since. It was just a spur of the moment comment when dudes were doing the "challenge" heavy.
Nate wasn't aiming his comments at Floyd and Berto because they literally didn't say anything disrespectful, and Floyd was a part of the fight itself

It's not that deep like you said, again Nate does not have problems with either of them. I said it first

You can have your opinion of Nate's opinion, and I can have mine, nothing wrong with it

When I said "them" I didn't mean Floyd and Berto at all. That might have been confusing. "Them" = other boxers/fans/media. Floyd and Berto haven't been disrespectful unless I'm missing something. Nate's interview he wasn't referring to anyone specific

Floyd said he'd fight Conor in the Octagon. Berto said he wants to shift to MMA and be a champ there.

Neither one of us knows what Nate is thinking. I'm going by his actions.

Because I'm not really buying anything any of these guys say :lol:

None of those things are disrespectful, especially Floyd. Plus, Floyd should get a pass for anything he said since he was involved in the promotion of his own fight. Conor said some way out of pocket stuff which shouldn't be taken seriously

Again, Nate has always trained with boxers and is friends with a lot of them. He respects them for what they do in their profession. Hanging out with boxers doesn't prove anything, we've known this

This is exactly the quote:

“Boxers are clowns sometimes now,” Diaz said (h/t Mike Heck of FanSided). “I’m never taking the MMA fighters over the boxer’s side when it comes to punching and s–t, but I’m like, don’t be talking s–t. [They say MMA fighters] ‘would get embarrassed, it’s ridiculous yeah, but we’re talking real fighting now you one-dimensional boxing f—s. This is real life s–t, you’ll get embarrassed.”

“And now all the boxers are criticizing Conor like ‘Conor will get embarrassed’, but that’s a real arrogant thing to say,” he said. “Wanna know something that’s even more embarrassing? Is if Floyd fought Conor in an MMA match. Would be more embarrassing than if Conor fought Floyd in a boxing match. [Floyd] would get mounted and laughed at, and slapped around [and Conor] would smile at the crowd and wave.”

Aldo is trying hard to get on the November card at MSG, said he'd fight anyone. Cub's wife is apparently expecting so he might not be available

Dude definitely wants to get his contracted MMA fights in so he can consider boxing

He's right though

:lol:

Have Errol Spence go train TDD for a year and then have him go fight Aldo.

He'll be on the mat wincing in pain after 2 leg kicks.

0% chance of winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is probably bs but i'm seeing overeem vs joshua could be in the works for next year. overeem says he's down but i feel like if anyone could **** around and lose an mma fight against a boxer it would be him :lol:

Last edited:
:lol:

Have Errol Spence go train TDD for a year and then have him go fight Aldo.

He'll be on the mat wincing in pain after 2 leg kicks.

0% chance of winning.

Nah. Simply as a function of the rules of the two games, a puncher's chance is more of a thing with a boxer coming over to MMA than the other way around.

Also, Aldo is my guy but you're talking about a man who got dropped in 13 seconds by....a punch. Not 0%. Not a good chance of winning either. But certainly not 0%. Now if you flip it the other way, I don't know if I'm even giving Aldo a puncher's chance.

Also, Errol is a monster. I truly believe if a young elite boxer like that actually put some SERIOUS effort into switching over it could be really interesting, but MMA pay is so trash that it wouldn't ever make sense to do it, so I guess we'll never really know.

Yea, a punch from an elite MMA guy who's dynamic on his feet.

If you think Aldo would fight a boxer w/ 0 MMA exp at boxing range inside of a cage then I strongly disagree.

IMO there would be no punchers chance because he would stay outside in kicking range.

None of those things are disrespectful, especially Floyd. Plus, Floyd should get a pass for anything he said since he was involved in the promotion of his own fight. Conor said some way out of pocket stuff which shouldn't be taken seriously

Again, Nate has always trained with boxers and is friends with a lot of them. He respects them for what they do in their profession. Hanging out with boxers doesn't prove anything, we've known this

This is exactly the quote:

“Boxers are clowns sometimes now,” Diaz said (h/t Mike Heck of FanSided). “I’m never taking the MMA fighters over the boxer’s side when it comes to punching and s–t, but I’m like, don’t be talking s–t. [They say MMA fighters] ‘would get embarrassed, it’s ridiculous yeah, but we’re talking real fighting now you one-dimensional boxing f—s. This is real life s–t, you’ll get embarrassed.”

“And now all the boxers are criticizing Conor like ‘Conor will get embarrassed’, but that’s a real arrogant thing to say,” he said. “Wanna know something that’s even more embarrassing? Is if Floyd fought Conor in an MMA match. Would be more embarrassing than if Conor fought Floyd in a boxing match. [Floyd] would get mounted and laughed at, and slapped around [and Conor] would smile at the crowd and wave.”

OK. So Floyd said he'd beat Conor in MMA.

Nate made the quote above. And was still in Floyds locker room after the fight. And hanging with Berto after he said he wanted to fight MMA and be a champ.

So he clearly has no real issue with any of these guys, no matter what they say.

I'm not sure what we're going back and forth about. Again, it's all talk IMO. On both sides.

Yea, a punch from an elite MMA guy who's dynamic on his feet.

If you think Aldo would fight a boxer w/ 0 MMA exp at boxing range inside of a cage then I strongly disagree.

IMO there would be no punchers chance because he would stay outside in kicking range.

You would have to keep said boxer at kicking range, which is easier said than done.

Also Conor's footwork isn't exceptionally dynamic compared to a guy like Spence. Definitely not compared to a guy like Bud Crawford.

But whatever, this is all conjecture anyway. Your 0% seems like more of an emotional than a logical assessment to me, but we'll never get the chance to see it unless the UFC wants to throw big money at somebody. So who cares, for now at least.

Back
Top Bottom