The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

GSP such a nice guy he was legit devastated when he realised Hughes was pissed at his comments :lol:

he told a funny story on rogan’s podcast. Was driving through his old neighborhood and saw the guy who used to bully and beat him up as a kid. Had the urge to beat him up but the guy was homeless so george gave him money and asked how he ended up that way. Then later on the guy went to george’s dad’s house to thank him.

Ca athletic commission released fight night weights, Cody weighed the same amount as DJ

Only 6 fighters didn’t gain more than 10% of their body weight by fight night

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ut-six-fighters-come-in-over-csac-regulations

And two of them fought each other. LOL

Henry Cejudo (124.5 to 141 = 12.8%) def. Demetrious Johnson (125 to 142 = 13.6%)
This one is so surprising to me. Henry looked so much larger than DJ, his back was massive. I think they commented on it during the fight.

commissions are hard to deal with and will only do stuff if they feel like it. I feel bad for fighters who have legit claims to get a loss on their record thrown out but athletic commissions will refuse because they don’t want to admit their ref made an error.

Josie still thinking about a 155 fight

Dede has already speculated that for me. If there’s an opportunity, I want it. Not because of the weight cut, but to do a big fight. I think that’s what’s missing in my career, testing myself a little bit against other athletes from other divisions. It would be great. But I’m waiting for a definition in the division so we can make this decision in the future.

Back
Top Bottom