The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

cody pretty much threw out all gameplan and went for the homerun. completely different approach from his fight with dominick when he landed shots and took his time.
is his chin completely gone or is tj packing that type of power?

Prob a combination of both. I mean wasn’t the first fight this year too? He’s been KOed twice in a row. TJ is also an amazing striker lol, dude hands are insane. I think it can also go both ways, like how much can a 135er frame take, but also how much power can they really have at that weight

I wonder if urijah is still butt hurt about him leaving cause it clearly worked out :lol: I’ve noticed none of the other TAM people seem to have beef besides faber and Cody. You can even see after the fight that TAM’s boxing coach had a smile on his face and gave TJ a hug :lol:

Cody wasn’t ready for the rematch mentally. Dude fought so well against Dom, you can tell he has the ability but yeah he just threw strategy out the window with TJ.

Also to his credit, TJ was waiting to counter Cody when he loaded up on his right and dropped his left hand, and Cody just kept coming in head high swinging wildly. Not really rocket science

As far as Cody having the best boxing, he clearly has a pretty good boxing background, and he’s physically gifted as far as speed and power, but he was feeling himself too much after the Dom win and the TJ knockdown in the first fight. Talent is great but you still gotta fight smart

Plus TJ is out there sparring with Lomachenko, and it seems like Bang is no slouch as a coach as well. Cody was kinda dumb to think he was just gonna come out here and slug it out with this dude with no strategy

As always, sorry for the late addition from Saturday's card. I'm always a day behind on watching bc Huntsville just doesn't show the fights consistently. If Conor or Brock isn't on a card these days, I'll probably have to purchase myself, and I aint shelling out $70 to watch alone. I like to think I've got more pride than that...MOVING ON

UFC 227
Holland v Santos
Kevin Holland said:
“This sucks, why you hitting me so hard”.

I like this Holland cat. He's inexperienced but damn he's game. And was never out of the fight, he was constantly working. There were several moments where Holland was getting the better of Santos from the bottom with elbows and some slick movement to deflect and absorb his GnP. I see a lot of Jon Jones in his game. And homie is a legit funny dude, I like this cat. I hope he can make a mark in the UFC on his next bout.

Viana v some other lady
****, this fight was trash. Viana had her chin in the air like a ****in Rock 'Em Sock'Em robot. :lol: :rofl:

You cant tell me they didn't have better representative WSW prospects for this PPV Main Card Slot available. I mean they had to see Viana fight before right? Why would you put her on the main card? Were they banking on JJ knocking her out or a sub from Viana? I don't understand the decision to put this fight here. It was awful.

Cub v Moicano
BRUH that transition to the back to the RNC was extremely slick. Holy ****
And man he's slick on the ground. That transition was so fast. Literally yelled 'Holy Spit' at my TV when he did that. It was so fast!!! **** looked like a walk-through.

Moicano vs Mendes or Aldo next. I think he mauls either of them. He's so damn big for the division

Aljamain Sterling (@FunkMaster_UFC) said:
That jab was like a homing-missile! Moicano looks HUGE! #UFC227
Moicano is big. Like T-City big for the division. That size looked like it bothered Cub a bit. He was having some trouble getting in safely. Give him to Mendes, I cant stomach an Aldo loss. He just got back on track.

DJ v Cejudo
That was a ****ing robbery, how do you win a fight on 1 minute of ground control in 2 rounds with 0 damage done?
I wouldn't call it a robbery, but I don't think I've ever seen a title fight where it was basically 50/50 going to the judges and the champion lost. NOT EVER!!!! It's a fair decision, but not for a championship bout. Not only that, but I didn't really feel like Henry did any damage at all. DJ landed at a fairly high rate with the leg kicks and a few other shots. Although competitive, I just don't think Henry did enough. It's kind of ridiculous that the one time DJ gets a 'game' opponent, where DJ didn't dominate every aspect of the fight and has a close one the judges decide against him. It's such a bitter way to end his historic streak.

DJ was very gracious in defeat, but reading between the lines you can tell, although respectful, did not agree. Saying things like "He didn't do much damage" and "All he did was hold Hold HOLD...".

You're gonna penalize a guy because of top position? Well, don't get taken down then. Simple as that. Securing position is grappling 101, what's so hard to understand

I hear you, but I don't agree if the TD leads to nothing. It's the fight business you still have to do dmg. And even with those TDs what does it matter if it's only for like 30s before the opponent is back to their feet. Some of those TDs were slick, but I have a hard time giving a guy the nod while he isn't doing anything to touch up the opponent after 'securing' the TD.

TJ v Cody
Same exchange killed cody, main card was lit besides the wmma fight, Dana needs stop putting fighters on the main card based on looks. It reflects badly on the company.

I mean the literal exact same exchange, TJ has beat him to the punch twice now. And man when TJ gets you on wobbly legs, it almost certainly means the end. He's not going to let you breathe or recover. Cant get more definitive than that.

TJ is fully capable of beating Cruz. TJ and Ludwig had a horrible game plan the first time, loading up shots for no reason

That fight was so weird. I don't believe that was his gameplan. I think there's some truth to TJ fighting stupid if you get him frustrated. I recall Bang telling him several times to stop loading up. He'd go out and completely abandon the advice a minute into the round.

TLDR; Some folks won and others lost on Saturday at UFC 22

Last edited:
Looks like Gsp is aiming to come back for the msg card in November or the Toronto card on December 8

Wants to fight winner of khabib Conor but doubts the ufc lets him

You don’t think the UFC wants that bag??

He had no business getting a fight with Bisping but he did. I’d say he’s in a better position now to justify the super fight as he has a relatively recent win.

You don’t think the UFC wants that bag??

He had no business getting a fight with Bisping but he did. I’d say he’s in a better position now to justify the super fight as he has a relatively recent win.
Gsp said he doesn’t think Dana will let him because he probably wouldn’t defend it

I personally think Dana would allow it

Gsp said he doesn’t think Dana will let him because he probably wouldn’t defend it

I personally think Dana would allow it
Of course Dana would allow it. If Conor wins I could see GSP storming the cage like Brock (prob wouldn't shove Conor but you never know). Wonder where Tony Ferguson fits into the picture now, its looking like he needs to take at least one more fight before a TS. With Dustin-Nate potentially happening it's not clear who he'd face next.

Hard to imagine GSP at 155 especially after how swole dude was at 185.

If GSP says he can make 155, I believe him.

Of course Dana would allow it. If Conor wins I could see GSP storming the cage like Brock (prob wouldn't shove Conor but you never know). Wonder where Tony Ferguson fits into the picture now, its looking like he needs to take at least one more fight before a TS. With Dustin-Nate potentially happening it's not clear who he'd face next.
On some

As a McGregor fan its hard for me to imagine him beating gsp. That fight would have to stay in the center and on the feet for him. Anything can happen i suppose

Cejudo feeling himself on this Ariel show.. TJ gonna walk through him

As a McGregor fan its hard for me to imagine him beating gsp. That fight would have to stay in the center and on the feet for him. Anything can happen i suppose
Man this is not 8-9 years ago. This GSP was gased last fight and didn’t look all that good IMO.

Man this is not 8-9 years ago. This GSP was gased last fight and didn’t look all that good IMO.

He was also coming off a long layoff and fighting the champ of a heavier division. I certainly wont argue that he looked at his youthful best. Even he would tell you he didnt look all that good.
I will however argue that if he makes 155 that he will blow up to near the max weight limit the next day after weigh ins.
If he can so much as clinch against the cage vs conor, conor probably isnt getting loose until the bell sounds. If he hits his back, it will be a long night, he wont get up.
Similarly i know kahbib is a wrestling machine. I still think even this old gsp has enough strength and wrestling to keep it on the feet and eat up kahbibs face with his jab.
Or you're right and he's too old and a shadow of his former self which is entirely possible.
Hard to tell. Hope it happens

image003.png

They really made Ed Ruth vs Gracie :lol: everyone else gets a killer or a veteran :lol: seems a bit of an imbalanced matchup compared to the other brackets. Love both Ruth and Gracie but still, seems a lil unfair :rofl:

Their WW division is fun though

Thank God they finally made Page vs Daley

Did WSOF finally collapse? Jon Fitch was there for a while.

What's Jake Shields doing these days? Gilbert Melendez?

Bellator should sign all the former UFC/Strikeforce/Pride stars.

Last edited:
Did WSOF finally collapse? Jon Fitch was there for a while.

What's Jake Shields doing these days? Gilbert Melendez?

Bellator should sign all the former UFC/Strikeforce/Pride stars.
Wsof turned into the pfl Which jake shields is in

Fitch most recently wrestle ****ed Daley

Melendez’ leg is still ****ed up from Jeremy Stephens. The ufc tried to book another fight for him but he wasn’t healed yet. His career is donezo but maybe bellator takes a look at him after his contract is up since his wife is there i think

Back
Top Bottom