The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I still want to see that as well. That should be a fun and competitive fight, both are exciting fighters that have a lot of offensive tools. I think Aldo fights too compact and safe for Pettis to really get in a flow however, which I feel he needs to be successful. I also don't think he'll push the pace enough to tire Jose out.

I think it'll at least be right under 2 million if not over 2 million. The co main event of Black Beast is a lil wack but whatever

“We’re looking at two million pay-per-view buys,” UFC President Dana White told Aaron Bronsteter at TSN Sports (transcript via MMAMania).

If UFC 229 sells 2 million PPVs, as White predicts, it will go down as the biggest seller in UFC history.

At present, that record is held by UFC 202, which was headlined by Conor McGregor’s rematch with Nate Diaz (1,600,000 buys). McGregor also headlined the second and third biggest PPVs in UFC history: UFC 196, which was topped by his first fight with Diaz (1,317,000 buys), and UFC 205, which was topped by his lightweight title-winning knockout of Eddie Alvarez (1,300,000 buys).

Would not surprise me at all if it easily surpasses 2M. Conor’s star only got bigger after his fight with Floyd. Combine that with Khabib’s following & Conor’s return to MMA

I’m hyped. They need to lock themselves in a room and not get hurt until then

It won’t matter. Khabib bad weight cut special coming up :lol: :smh:
Don't jinx it!!

With all the promo footage I'm sure they'll hype this one through the roof. It could definitely do over 2 mil buys with the storylines of Conor's return, Khabib out for revenge after the bus attack, etc. Does anyone know when the first press conference will be? They should do at least a North America promo tour, may not be as popular as Mac-Mayweather but this will be a big event.

Last edited:
Don't jinx it!!

With all the promo footage I'm sure they'll hype this one through the roof. It could definitely do over 2 mil buys with the storylines of Conor's return, Khabib out for revenge after the bus attack, etc. When is the first press conference? Does anyone know when the first press conference will be? They should do at least a North America promo tour, may not be as popular as Mac-Mayweather but this will be a big event.

i thought they weren't doing any of that extra stuff for this fight
conor must be getting paid a ton for this fight or either he blew all that floyd money :lol:

curtis blaydes desperate for a fight. stipe probably waits for DC unless dana throws some crazy offer for him to get back in it prior. dont see how stipe and blaydes would be a draw

I think the pettis x aldo ship sailed years ago....

i would watch it, but both are shells of their former selves

with that being said, I think aldo still works pettis.

Aside from the 2 max fights (Keep in mind Max is 5'11 and aldo is like 5'6) aldo looks really good against frankie and great against stephens

The chin definitely isnt what it used to be, but It may be that he just has a difficult time with really long guys, pettis has decent height so it could be interesting

On a semi related note, my son just turned 5 a few months ago and just passed his yellow armband test in Muay Thai.

During the test they asked the kids to come up with some combos of their own and he killed it with a jab/right uppercut/switch stance step over spinning back elbow.

FDF43225-3BAC-4CF3-9D45-8C4C8F56CF64.jpeg

Isn't that a UFC Fight Night event?
I'm no promoter but shouldn't the #1 vs #3 heavy weights be on ppv?
it's a fight night but also the 25th anniversary of the ufc in the same city where it started.

Dana

The UFC boss discussed the Irishman’s new deal shortly after this season of Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series wrapped up on Tuesday night.

“He’s not a part owner. He might as well be though,” White told the media (via MMANytt). “He’s making so much f**king money.”

“He’s making so much f**king money he might as well be a part owner.”

Back
Top Bottom