The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

It would have been great to see Chandler sign with the UFC but he probably got a real good offer to stay with Bellator. With his losses to Brooks I'm not sure he'd have fared much better or even done as well as Alvarez has. IMO he's a little undersized and would be a fringe top 10 if he was in the UFC.

Also I hope Holloway is ready to go soon. Could see them setting up the Ortega fight by end of the year if all goes well.

Yea it took cyborg 5 years to be able to engineer a way to get down to 45. Shes not losing more weight

If Nunes is the Female champ champ.

+

Beating two of the P4P women MMA fighters.

= All Time woman fighter.

My only knock about Nunes would be the frequency she fought. She really doesn’t have many title defenses.

But by the same token, if Cyborg wins, she maintains her title and claim to best woman fighter. Carano, Holms, Marloes, dominance over 13 years. For her last fight, she should ask for Sarah Kaufman.

My only knock about Nunes would be the frequency she fought. She really doesn’t have many title defenses..

She’s defended the title 3 times in the last 2 years.

If it wasn’t for this Superfight, there likely would’ve been a 4th against Holm

james vick calling gaethje an idiot and lacking skills for the way he fights. he better bring the heat and win or he’ll be the idiot.

Dem Gaethje leg kicks are an equalizer for the size difference. Vick got some solid hands but I think he's a good matchup for Gaejthe. The weight cut can't be a long term thing for Vick, and I don't think he's quite at Eddie's or Dustin's level of striking

Vick long term would be a perfect 165er, I was always against more weight classes but if they were to add 1, I think 165 is a must. Kevin Lee, Vick, Ferguson, Nate, Cowboy etc. would be optimal. The difference between 155 and 170 is crazy and it seems like the cream of the crop in MMA are now at 155 and 170. There's enough talent to split the divisions

Not against more classes but it does spread your talent thinner and it throws a bone in the mix and you know people would be pissed.

If you get rid of 170 and add 165 and 175, what do you do with Woodley? Strip him? That’s racist.

It makes way more sense to have each division separated by 10lbs but I’m not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze right now.

Most of these lightweights walk around over 170 and still choose to fight at 55.

Unless the UFC starts going to drastic measures and really enforcing fighters to fight at their natural weight, nothing’s gonna change. Guys are still gonna cut the weight, still gonna miss weight. Still gonna get pulled from fights for unsafe cuts.

You hand Woodley the 175lb belt because he can’t make 165.

Ten pound intervals up to light heavy is actually a really good idea. Almost like a modified version of boxing weight classes.

Nunes would be the Woman’s GOAT if she beats Cyborg 100% not even a debate.

Cris Santos is just a different breed tho. You can see the look on these girls faces when she touches them. I’m not even making a joke, it’s like a man hitting a woman.

I give Holly mad props for going the distance in their bout.

Yeah, I think they need to trash the 170 and add the 165 and 175.

I’d also cut the female 145. So pointless with one fighter.

A Brazilian mma outlet is reporting that Yair is out of his fight with an injury. If true, welp
Appears to be true as many other credible sources are posting it. This sucks as I was really looking forward to that scrap, we'll see if they can find a decent replacement in little over two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom