The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

The company should cut Artem. He takes on all challengers. But he’s not at their level. Probably thrive in PFL or Bellator.

Heard DC said he will defend the LHW belt. If he gets by Lewis uninjured I think it'll probably be true

Anthony Smith's ascent has been nice to watch

He’s getting stripped.

Just close out your career with wins against Lewis and Brock. People will say he was P4P one of the best. Undefeated at HW. And his only losses were to JBJ.

Dana says Askren will get a top 5 WW and Askren plainly says he will not fight his training partner Woodley

Also Dana on DJ:

“If you look at it, the kid broke the record for most title defenses. I feel like he never really got the love and respect he deserved from the fans,” Dana White said (transcript viaSherdog). “I don’t know if he was always thrilled being here, so hopefully he’s a lot happier where he’s headed now. His longtime trainer and coach [Matt Hume] is an executive over there, so maybe he’ll be happier over there.”

Lost some respect for DJ. Dana most certainly hasn’t done him any favors but neither has his refusal to take on real challenges. Played it safe too much for my liking..

DJ never had the foil(s) in his own division to really be able to leave a mark

I don't blame DJ for not seeking out the TJ fight, DJ really don't care about the same things we do or most other fighters do. I'm not mad at him for that but I also don't feel bad for him in any way

If kevin lee can STOP Al than that becomes his angle for a shot at Khabib

Al just went 5 with khabib...

Not sure I want to see Jones DC 3, but not really sure what other fights there are for Jon? Lionhart, maybe a CAIN fight, Rockhold at 205, Brock....anyone else??

UFC trying to hurry up and set DC off into the sunset so they can get LHW/HW moving again...only reason I can really think of why they put together this Derrick Lewis fight.

IF you think about it this Lewis fight should be another six figure payday, probably his highest to date....and then they give him a parting gift with the brock fight BOOM now Rockholds in the mix at 205, Cain comes back to HW, JBJ returns, HW title up for grabs after DC retires some new blood starts flowing

Lewis/Cormier is only because they had no options for this week’s MSG card.

Cormier was not going to fight Stipe with a hurt hand. Lewis, besides the flash KOs, isn’t a threat to DC. Lewis took A LOT of damage in his last fight. Didn’t demonstrate any improved cardio and seems to have the same nagging back issues.

MSG lost Porier and Rockhold. It wasn’t a bad card until then. It was just lacking that high profile main event.

IF DC wins, then he’ll fight Brock then finish his career with Jones. It’s about his legacy.

Not mad at DJ. Hope DJ and Eddie lead to One making more moves in the state. Eddie “claims” they have 25 million viewers through their app. Expand their fanbase in the West.

Lewis/Cormier is only because they had no options for this week’s MSG card.

IF DC wins, then he’ll fight Brock then finish his career with Jones. It’s about his legacy.
I am not mad about this. At least 2 of the three will be entertaining fights.

Got around to watching the fight night from Saturday.

Artem looks like he never learned how to box. He just wings punches. Really bad.

Was watching the 230 countdown and you can tell DC is only punching with about 50% power. You have to wonder how much his hand has really healed. Though I have not watched any of the embedded yet, does he spar in those?

I'm fully expecting DC to take BB down from the jump and do some gnp to go for a choke if it's there.

That DC fight just seems like it’s primed for ****ery.

Regardless of cardio issues and the fact that he just came off a fight, Lewis is still a big boy and all he needs is one good shot. Also Cormier has a bad hand. Also people are already looking forward to Brock vs DC and DC vs Jones III. Also it’s not like DC doesn’t get hit. Stipe was definitely touching him up prior to the KO, I had Stipe winning the round easily. Rumble nearly had him out, Jones got him out, Gus was touching him up. Also it seems like Cormier isn’t a tank like he used to be during his first heavyweight run either, which I guess is to be expected since he dropped down to light heavy.

I dunno man, if Cormier isn’t taking this serious (which it kind of seems like because he basically already said he wouldn’t have taken a Stipe rematch in this condition) I feel like this could be a Bisping vs Rockhold situation.

Or Cormier picks his spots early and just waits until Lewis is tired to really turn it on. Who knows. But it definitely seems like it could go left for Cormier real quick if he’s not careful

It would be ironic if it was a Bisping/Rockhold or GSP/Serra.

Wish the fight was on better terms. But that card was cursed and not planned well compared to the last few cards. Just another case of the WME era being lackluster.

Back
Top Bottom