The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

when francis opened up with leg kicks :wow:

Francis is coming, his chin is relatively fresh for HW....probably the best attribute to have up there.

granted DC gets through stipe again, with the right build up francis vs DC could be a huge fight...

or if DC smokes stipe again and retires....Jones and Francis for vacant HW belt :nerd:

I feel like Santos is a better striker than Francis. But that 65 pounds and power in Francis’ hands would make that matchup intriguing.

But then I’d then want to see Jon fight Cain and Stipe.

I did like those calf kicks from Francis. Dude has no technique though. Working with Usman is a plus for grappling. I think he should also do a Muay Thai camp like I can’t remember the LHW.

I feel like Santos is a better striker than Francis. But that 65 pounds and power in Francis’ hands would make that matchup intriguing.

But then I’d then want to see Jon fight Cain and Stipe.

I did like those calf kicks from Francis. Dude has no technique though. Working with Usman is a plus for grappling. I think he should also do a Muay Thai camp like I can’t remember the LHW.

Khalil Toundtree and hes the exception not the rule.

You dont do a muay thai "camp" and become an accomplished muay thai style striker. Hes been living in Thailand for like 18 months... hes been going to the stadiums, hes been training with the locals, hes learning the culture.

Sure a 9 week camp could teach you PLENTY about chopping someone's legs down but you sure as hell ain't gunna look like Khalil

Khalil Toundtree and hes the exception not the rule.

You dont do a muay thai "camp" and become an accomplished muay thai style striker. Hes been living in Thailand for like 18 months... hes been going to the stadiums, hes been training with the locals, hes learning the culture.

Sure a 9 week camp could teach you PLENTY about chopping someone's legs down but you sure as hell ain't gunna look like Khalil

I didn’t know he was living there for 18 months. Agreed. Rome wasn’t built overnight.

Francis is a force of nature with his hands. Not many HWs are going to beat him, except for the most exceptional/top tier.

I think he can beat DC or Stipe. However, I also feel like they also have the tools to shut down or mitigate his strengths.

What’s up with Luke Thomas? Did he get a job somewhere else?

Poor holly. She gunna try n run n jab n sidekick her way to a dub but I'm almost certain she goin night night

Poor holly. She gunna try n run n jab n sidekick her way to a dub but I'm almost certain she goin night night
Pretty much how I see the fight going. Amanda has been on another level and is too fast and skilled for Holly.

Also dont see Jones being tested in his fight. Was watching the Inside the Octagon episode and they made great points about fighters almost being in awe of JJ and him being able to dictate the pace and using his kicks effectively. Just dont see Santos having success with his rush in style.

That gasbag Schaub actually had a good point as well... realistically what are the chances someone that used to fight WELTERWEIGHT is possessing the kinda true power that puts fear into Jon. He probably stands toe to toe and dismantles him

anthony johnson fought at lightweight. Watching santos against manuwa, he was throwing bricks that whole fight. That thor’s hammer tattoo on his chest must up his power level.

anthony johnson fought at lightweight. Watching santos against manuwa, he was throwing bricks that whole fight. That thor’s hammer tattoo on his chest must up his power level.
Tru tru. This is fax.

An acquaintance of mine Charlie the Spaniard Brenneman fought him at 170... Charlie was an amazing collegiate wrestler but didnt cut hardly at all for UFC. He walked into the cage at like 5'9 180lbs rumble had to be 210... I was scared for his life hahaha

Wait I thought Rumble only fought as low as WW. Though still crazy considering he has fought at HW and beat Arlovski.

Wait I thought Rumble only fought as low as WW. Though still crazy considering he has fought at HW and beat Arlovski.

Yea i overlooked that, thought he said welterweight I certainly never saw a rumble at 55 thatd kill him I think... litterally

My bad, he didn't fight at lw. I remembered him being choked out by rich clementi the original "no love" who I think was a lw but their fight was at 170.

How many title shots does Holly Holm get?

And JJ going to starch Karate Hottie. Michelle felt she deserved a title shot when she didn’t beat anyone in the top five. If she can’t beat JJ, then bye.

Damb

Bantamweight contender John Lineker has been released from his UFC contract.

After pleading for a fight, Lineker (31-9 MMA, 12-4 UFC) was given a co-main event spot against Rob Font at UFC on ESPN+ 12 this past month. He withdrew from the fight just days out, though, after allegedly suffering a facial laceration during his weight cut.

Back
Top Bottom