The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Better than the original card TBH
Yes for sure this is better

Lowkey though I am torn on these elite fighters doing short notice bouts with no training camps

It’s just that I feel like these fights deserve true preparation

On the other hand if you’re the best you’re the best you’d win I get it

Bruh, the card on paper is better though. Unless folks was conor heads then yeah
Love Jiri and Poatan and I'll always tune in no matter who they fight, but the card ain't worth more than UFC 300 tickets. All them people who dropped a grand for tickets in the back 200s were definitely going for the Conor spectacle.

Main event is definitely a much better fight in terms of relevance but I can't automatically say it would be more entertaining. Lopes/Ortega is a banger but a washed Anthony Smith does nothing for me.

A Title fight being set up on a weeks notice just doesn't sit well for me either. These are the elites of the division fighting for the championship. You ain't getting their best versions on a weeks notice having to cut weight drastically.

Short notice definitely favors Jiri though so hope to see him create chaos and somehow pull this off. If he loses we might not see him get a title shot before his chin goes.

Michael Chandler F’ed himself putting his career on hold to wait for the red panty night.
VVVVVVV

It will be about two years since his last fight. I'm sure he's got side hustled but at this point...was waiting for McGregor worth it? Would his activity have resulted in the same net income (plus it gets taxed)? And Chandler isn't getting younger. If his intention was to compete with the best and realize gold, will he now thanks to this?

Why don't they fight? Jon's jabs are petty.

Hopefully Alex and Jiri got paid handsomely for saving the day especially Alex putting the belt on the line.

Oregano v Lopes is an intriguing one.

Love Jiri and Poatan and I'll always tune in no matter who they fight, but the card ain't worth more than UFC 300 tickets. All them people who dropped a grand for tickets in the back 200s were definitely going for the Conor spectacle.

Main event is definitely a much better fight in terms of relevance but I can't automatically say it would be more entertaining. Lopes/Ortega is a banger but a washed Anthony Smith does nothing for me.

A Title fight being set up on a weeks notice just doesn't sit well for me either. These are the elites of the division fighting for the championship. You ain't getting their best versions on a weeks notice having to cut weight drastically.

Short notice definitely favors Jiri though so hope to see him create chaos and somehow pull this off. If he loses we might not see him get a title shot before his chin goes.
Yeah I’m with you on the elites taking short notice- in my previous post I said I was torn on these types of fights with no fight camp

Similar to Islam volk 2 it just kind of seems like a waste

But also like I said: the people who were going were most likely conor heads

Paying that much to see potentially washed conor was crazy to begin with

Conor chandler
Hill Ulberg

Vs

Alex jiri
Ortega Lopes
Ulberg smith

I mean there is no competition

Ortega lopes in itself is crazy good but I know how you people feel about Ortega lol

Crazy turn of events for Poatan…

There was a time when the knock on him was that the UFC fast tracked him up the ranks solely for the Izzy fight, he gets KO’d cold in Miami…yet a year plus later, you can make a case that Poatan, Max, and DP (Tho not officially retired) are the 3 biggest active stars in the company.

I guess even though the Chechen Warlord forced him out of retirement with a promise of a cure, he never really recovered.

Not sure we ever see Khamzat fight again.

Back
Top Bottom