The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

SB is more than capable of shocking the world in conor-like fashion

KG was mini-mendes

Rob would be kingpin ala` Jose Aldo...

Yall see the blueprint

love izzy and bobby knux so i'm neutral for this one.. i think whittaker edges it out though.

I get what woodley is saying and I respect his stance but he definitely isn’t a gatekeeper. And fighting Leon wouldn’t make him one

RDA is a gatekeeper, a high level one. Woodley is still a contender

Clear difference

“I don’t have to fight Leon Edwards,” Tyron Woodley said on Brendan Schaub’s “Food Truck Diaries“. “Leon Edwards is trying to build his name, and I ain’t a gatekeeper for someone to build their name off.”

:wow:

The man said on sight with Bones :wow: . Seems like there's always something going on at Jackson Wink

This is him btw, I guess he fought at WW before transitioning into coaching

i_cfc.jpg

Dude is a 35 year old, 11-6 welterweight. Am I missing something here? Unless he's talking about gunplay

And :smh: @ Woodley. I wanted to see that fight. He just got completely dominated by Usman, fighting a streaking Leon Edwards woulda been a real interesting matchup to see where he's at. ****, if he hasn't lost a step maybe it could be a showcase fight and he could make him quick work like he did Till. He needs to reconsider

The thing is, there isn't anyone for Woodley to fight in the division and certainly nobody who would seem to qualify for his standards :lol:

Say it aint so, Picogram 69

‘Bones’ responded to his former striking coach with the following.

“Frank I gave you the opportunity of a lifetime. Everyone on the team knows that I would not agree to give you $20,000 for only your second training camp on my team. And if I did, I would have totally paid you that amount, not once and 10 years have I ever gotten a complaint about not paying staff members. If anything I’m always complemented for being peoples highest paying client by a longshot. I won’t even get in to the fact that you were fired from the team on fight week because of your drug issues. Anyways, I’m not going to argue with you over the Internet. I would be more than happy to take this to a judge. It’s the physical threatening that I have a problem with. I have no interest in carrying a concealed pistol or preparing for any type of street fight with you. Tomorrow I will be calling APD and bringing our confrontation to their awareness. Honestly I wish I would have never gotten to know you, but I truly do wish you nothing but the best. Please just leave me alone bro or see me in court.”

Since the Chisea win, this guy refuses to take any breathers. Detrimental to his career arc imo

Former UFC interim lightweight title challenger Kevin Lee is reportedly ready to return to the lightweight division, and he’s got an undefeated opponent waiting for him. MMA Junkie was first to report that Kevin Lee vs Gregor Gillespie is being discussed for UFC 244 on November 2nd in New York.

“I was pissed, bro,” Miragliotta said. “I’m 56 years old. I’m a grown man. I’m older than him. I show respect to everybody. When someone says f*ck off like that to me with disrespect, I lost it. I never should have said what I said. And I know I was wrong.

“Under my breath, I turned, and one of his coaches was right next to me, and I said, ‘What a f*cking piece of s**t.’”

“When Mr. Page performs again, Dan will not be in the cage,” Mazzulli said

“I’ll never do his fights again, because I can never really look at him and not have that animosity toward him, because I’m not going to let somebody tell me to f*ck off, and there’s nothing I can do, and I’m an official,” Miragliotta said. “It’s not good for me or the sport.”

I kinda feel him on that tho. Went on to say that what Page was doing was bordering on abuse, as he can tell his opponent is obviously in over his head here. He's giving the warnings and Page isn't taking heed and just being overall disrespectful to both the fighter and the ref. He didnt even take the point for the selfie, it was the other stuff apparently. Just not cool. IDK if that was emotion or what, but MVP gotta check that.

Why was he even fighting this can anyways??? He proved that he can do well with higher level comp. Why are we back in this place? Do we just want to have the steamroll sideshow?

Nah I don’t agree with Dan at all. If it’s in the rules where you can’t talk trash in the cage, ok. I’m not aware of any such rule though

Not to mention the opponent was the one taunting page all the way leading up to the fight. You get what you deserve sometimes

And yes he did take the point for the selfie. He literally stood them up from the mount, stopped the fight and deducted the point right after

I saw but Dan is saying he was giving warning before hand.

IDK what homie said to Page before hand unfortunately, which may sway my overall opinion. But he's asking you to stop, why not do it fo the time being and then dance afterwards like he usually does.

I think the rule officially states that abuse and trash talk are considered and viewed differently. He was saying MVP was bordering if not already in abuse territory.

Why even shoot him the '**** Off' remark? That's the emotional part that I think is of issue. Honestly I dont have any issue with how he acts in the cage.

Seems like a personal issue that dan has with page

In his second bellator fight apparently dan told page to take his sunglasses off because this wasn’t Hollywood

In terms of the fight, I’ve never once seen a ref stop the fight (he did it twice) for taunting. If it’s really against the written rules, then i digress, but it was the first time I’ve ever seen it. And really page didn’t do anything abusive at all. If he used racist or homophobic language then ok

Oh I wasnt aware they had history before. That paints this in a completely different light. That does indeed make it seem like he's targeting MVP.

I think Dan was saying Page was hitting his opponent and saying things like "You like that, *****?" etc etc

I tend to side with Herb's thought process when it comes to ****talking and in-cage taunting which he essentially said anything outside of abuse he's perfectly fine with, I wish I could find the quote but he highlighted a fight where a guy was talking bad to his opponent and said he should've taken a point from the guy.

Out of context it sounds like Dan is on the same track, but again I had no idea that they had prior engagements. Especially one where Dan is instructing him on 'appropriate eye wear'.

I feel like refs should do as much as they can to not become a part of the story and result of the fight

If page wasn’t doing anything against the rules, which is where my perspective originated, then dan was inserting himself directly into the story. Twice. I also don’t think what page was saying was abusive tbh

Since the Chisea win, this guy refuses to take any breathers. Detrimental to his career arc imo

Former UFC interim lightweight title challenger Kevin Lee is reportedly ready to return to the lightweight division, and he’s got an undefeated opponent waiting for him. MMA Junkie was first to report that Kevin Lee vs Gregor Gillespie is being discussed for UFC 244 on November 2nd in New York.
Official

The bout was made official by Newsday after initially being reported by MMA Junkie as being targeted. MMA Fighting also confirmed with a source that the bout has been signed.

We actually get to see gillespie against a name. Still wondering how his grappling would do against the top of the division.

Jon is so mad at Israel :rofl:

“[Israel Adesanya] keep convincing yourself that one day you’ll be ready to face a boss like me,” Jones began. “I’ll keep convincing myself that when that day comes, I will make you my absolute *****.

“You said you saw me fight in person against Thiago and I didn’t look the same,” Jones continued. I also got to see you fight KG, didn’t need to be in person. You were almost knocked out on more than one occasion.

“Thiago couldn’t even touch my face and he grew up kickboxing. You only got to see my striking that night and now you’re convinced you’ll beat me? Let me see you in a wrestling match or a jujitsu tournament, you probably wouldn’t even place.

“I can see you’re starting to sip your own Kool-Aid, I know how it feels, I’ve been there before,” Jones concluded. “Only I was around 23. Just don’t become delusional kid, **** with a beast like me and I will expose you.”

lhw been heating up recently anyway i'm not really stoked on rushing izzy into a fight with jon.

Back
Top Bottom