The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Reyes is in a sense like volkan

dudes that gave the best of the best hell- but fell short

At this point everyone’s almost beat jiri lol but both those dudes had jiri out

Volkan is a good comparison.

It was getting pretty hard to watch Dom, he was approaching Weidman levels of fall off.

I wouldn't say he's back.

Dustin Jacoby is a fringe UFC guy who's lost 4 of his last 5.

Dom needed this fight and he got it.

Anthony Smith would be a good indicator of where he's at.

I almost feel bad for Dominick Reyes.

Gets knocked out three times in a row, then lands one punch against a guy who's not even top 15 and starts talking junk about how he "lost his way, went back to his old team and now he's BACK."

He'll probably get knocked out again in his next fight.

...followed by the inevitable move to PFL.
yeah it's good he finally got a dub but beating dustin jacoby doesn't leave me convinced in the least that's he's back.

I felt Reyes definitely won the Jones fight.
You might be right, but the bottom line is that it went to the judges and it was close. Jones was the LONGTIME champ and Reyes didn’t take it from him in a way that was decisive.

The fact that he still can’t stop talking about how he knows he won the fight, especially after losing so many times afterwards, is obnoxious to me.

I might change my mind if he puts a couple of good wins together against top ten opponents.

I didn’t say I had high regard lol. That light dimmed from the switch flipping so many times.

He just became this sort of unheralded fan favorite a la Alex Gustafson in his beating or coming close to beating the MMA GOAT.

At this point, I just want entertainment and fun fights. He and Smith are in decline…but I’d love a bad blood brawl in the APEX. With random fight nights, we just don’t have good storylines or hype anymore. Reyes and Smith can at least give me that.

The dumbest line of thinking in the sport is “you have to take it from the champ”

That isn’t some kind of rule lol

Reyes won 3 rounds. That is clear enough to win a decision. I don’t think jones was close to winning 3 rounds

Beating the best to ever live is something to talk about … for forever.. especially if the judges took that away from him

Strickland doesn't deserve a shot after that dud of a fight. Plus if Chimaev wins he's all but guaranteed the next crack after Izzy. So Sean would be waiting until sometime in 25'?! I don't buy he'll sit that long.

I really wish they’d have done Jiri/Hill. But I guess Jiri got the next title shot. Also are they freezing Magomed?

I’m convinced Magomed never getting his title shot. They probably gonna give him roundtree in October.

Easily one of the weirdest resumes of all time. Outside of a Paul craig miracle submission, Magomed has never lost.

The longer that nobody is officially reporting chimaev out the better I feel

A few of the accounts I follow that are usually right however are running with this- I’ll be disappointed in them if this turns out to be false

Damn Hill/Ulberg may be off now too!?! 303 could be in shambles. But hey UFC known for making last minute changes if things initially look bad.

Bummed if Khamzhat can't go though.

Back
Top Bottom