The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Cub another great gatekeeper

“I’ve been able to get a lot of jiu-jitsu in because he’s a Gracie, and he has the name. It’s been an interesting one,” Swanson said on UFC Unfiltered podcast. “I’ve been kicked out of a couple of jiu-jitsu schools because of the respect. They don’t want to train somebody that isn’t a Gracie, which really pisses me off.”

lhw been heating up recently anyway i'm not really stoked on rushing izzy into a fight with jon.
Really? How?

That division is lame. He could literally move up to HW and it wouldn’t disturb the division. DC fought twice at HW, relinquished his title, and it did t do anything to the division. It was because Jon came back that the division had buzz.

Listened to some of that cub swanson interview. First time hearing about bjj schools saying they won’t work with you if you’re going to fight a gracie. It’s a competition, they expect cub to let himself get subbed in the fight out of respect for the gracie name as well. They can help guys train, not like there’s a gracie police who will shut down their school.

If. If Izzy gets by Whittaker then costa by any means necessary needs to be next. But after that business is squared away then sure, Jones matchup is called for

“Those guys have been talking smack back and forth,” White said during an interview with Sky Sports New Zealand on Wednesday. “If Israel wins, and he really does want to fight Jon Jones, that’s a really big fight.”

What does Izzy walk around at? We know Jon aint moving, he gonna have to go to him.

That All Natty Costa matchup scary AF for everyone.

Think Izzy said he wanted to clean out the division first if he does win.
Costa vs. Izzy/Bobby knux
Till vs Gast
Throw in a Cannonier vs Romero
Division is stacked man.

Yea if Izzy or Whittaker wins then Paulo should be next regardless. For another contender fight they could also make Cannonier vs Romero or winner of Gastelum/Till though if Till somehow wins he should not be a top contender yet.

LHW is real shallow, if Reyes beats Weidman I could see him getting the next shot at JJ. Outside of that maybe if Santos is healed up sometime next year they try to make the rematch.

Really? How?

That division is lame. He could literally move up to HW and it wouldn’t disturb the division. DC fought twice at HW, relinquished his title, and it did t do anything to the division. It was because Jon came back that the division had buzz.
i don't know if you've been keeping up with LHW, but don't act like anderson, rakic, walker, and reyes haven't been putting together wins. isreal hasn't even defended yet, but he's ready for the title fight in a higher division?

Last edited:
I forgot that Walker/Anderson was also happening. Fully expect Walker to baptize Anderson. Johnny could then be one win away from a TS.

I have been critical of the LHW division in the past but at least now it has exciting fighters

It's also difficult to view the division through the lens that Jon Jones is champ. I don't think any of those guys have even good odds of beating him which hurts the fighter's stock

But imo the division has many quality fighters. Hell a guy like Jan Blachowicz seemed like he was on the come up until Santos. But at least he rebounded with a win over Rockhold

I 100% feel that Volkan beat Reyes but it's whatever. Now we get to see him against Weidman who is also an interesting add to the division

It actually bothers me that this dude Costa is clearly juiced to the gills and might end up getting a title shot, and one of these (seemingly) clean dudes is gonna have to eat those shots when he does.

Granted alot of these dudes could be on something or the other, but his **** is just way too obvious to suspend disbelief

It actually bothers me that this dude Costa is clearly juiced to the gills and might end up getting a title shot, and one of these (seemingly) clean dudes is gonna have to eat those shots when he does.

Granted alot of these dudes could be on something or the other, but his **** is just way too obvious to suspend disbelief
I thought the same thing and really had all the right to. Before the end of 2017 all of his fights had been in Brazil

However his last 3 have been in the U.S. and with USADA catching everyone I'm a little astonished at how the dude is passing ****

To note he actually did have an issue with USADA but it was a very strange case where I don't even really know if they caught him or what but he seemed to skate past it with relative ease

Edit: ok according to wiki it was because he used an IV... idk

All this talk about moving up and the next fight...Israel is getting smoked on Saturday.
Anytime cats talk about the next fight, they almost always lose.

I would love to see statistics on fighters talking about their next fight publicly before fighting the one in front of them

speaking of juiced that ***** vitor a scumbag :sick: bisping got a glass eye from that trt kick

I thought the same thing and really had all the right to. Before the end of 2017 all of his fights had been in Brazil

However his last 3 have been in the U.S. and with USADA catching everyone I'm a little astonished at how the dude is passing ****

To note he actually did have an issue with USADA but it was a very strange case where I don't even really know if they caught him or what but he seemed to skate past it with relative ease

Edit: ok according to wiki it was because he used an IV... idk

Yeah he popped for the IV usage, which could be used to mask steroid use. I dunno man, seems like it's just gonna be a matter of time with that guy

speaking of juiced that ***** vitor a scumbag :sick: bisping got a glass eye from that trt kick

Wtfffffffff, when did this happen!? :sick: Damn, the fight game ain't a game.

Sucks for any clean fighter that fought at 185 during the TRT era, everybody was on something

Yeah he popped for the IV usage, which could be used to mask steroid use. I dunno man, seems like it's just gonna be a matter of time with that guy

Wtfffffffff, when did this happen!? :sick: Damn, the fight game ain't a game.

Sucks for any clean fighter that fought at 185 during the TRT era, everybody was on something
he got the prosthetic recently but had been fighting for years with no vision out of that eye. what a warrior.

Rewatching the Izzy Gastelum fight free on the UFC channel's Youtube page...

Why the hell did Gastelum shoot when he had Izzy on the ropes :smh: horrible decision. Izzy looked like he might have been ready to go out off that head kick

After digesting it, nothing changes my feeling that Whittaker is the favorite on Saturday. He won't let Izzy off the hook if he has him hurt. He has more power than Gastelum and also has a chin

Wow. That is a terrible toll and another clear reason why they should test these dudes. TRTvitor clearly wa juiced to the gills and used it to knock out Bisping and a top MW in Luke Rockhold. The outcome would’ve been different without PEDs.

And I’m sorry. LHW is starting to get a new injection of stars. But like Vince said, the disparity between JBJ and everyone is wide.

Last edited:
Am I the only one constantly checking my phone...

I’m conditioned to look out for an alert saying that “Whittaker is out” at this point.

Why the hell did Gastelum shoot when he had Izzy on the ropes :smh: horrible decision
I just rewatched that like Weds and thought the same thing. Izzy was real deal hurt, IDK why he thought to clinch in that situation. Just that little bit of clinch gave SB enough time to get his bearing back.
Izzy got busy in that 5th round tho. KG's face was basically unblemished at the start of the round and well....you seent it.

Headkicks like KG's in the 4th always confuse me, bc they land in a way that seems like it shouldn't have hurt him. It looked like the kick just kind of rested on Izzy's shoulder and neck. Bbut those ones seem to be the ones that rock fighters the most. ?‍♂️

Why does Costa have such a Vendetta for Izzy? Did Izzy say something that I missed?

Back
Top Bottom