The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

“I’m told the fighters who were slated to compete on the ill-fated London card on March 21 received no more than $20,000,” Helwani reported on ESPN. “As you can imagine, some of the higher earners aren’t too pleased with that amount, while others were happy to get something for nothing.”

I don’t care about any other country. The tests that they would use would be from the United States where there is a shortage of tests.
LOL

Says you.

The NBA has imported about 90% of these tests they've used. It really wouldn't be hard to make an order in the amounts to make this thing theasible from outside this country.... independent of efforts going on elsewhere stateside.

But hey if it makes you feel better to think that way. Ok.

LOL

Says you.

The NBA has imported about 90% of these tests they've used. It really wouldn't be hard to make an order in the amounts to make this thing theasible from outside this country.... independent of efforts going on elsewhere stateside.

But hey if it makes you feel better to think that way. Ok.

If being intentionally obtuse makes you feel better then hey okay!

Point is there is a shortage of tests. Using them on something non-essential is a bad look.

Them being able to obtain them is moot.

In my opinion.

Would be like wasting PPE on nail techs.

Distinction: I feel like testing athletes for sole purpose of deciding if they can resume games/fights is not ideal that is until these tests can become readily available for the average person

I understand rich folks (celebs etc) have more power and access to things I get that. But again that’s why had to mention that distinction. Getting tested to know if you have it is one thing, getting tested to decide whether or not you can fight/play is another

Again, theres not really a shortage of tests... theres a shortage of profit in giving tests to people without money. Theres also a giant problem with the supply chain/distribution scale. 300 million people... thats alot of tests. It's also why were going to reopen this country without testing. It's not profitable.

sad reality. Uncle dana wouldn't be taking a single test from someone in need. Sry

“I saw that Dana [White] had said that he was having this card May 9 and I was the main event, and I was like, ‘What the hell?’ To be honest with you, I was a little bit upset, because I’ve always told them I don’t want to fight on short training camps,” Gaethje said to ESPN. “I don’t blame them. But, they had the assumption that because I was gonna do April 18, I would be fine to do it May 9. But those are totally different circumstances for me, and so I really wasn’t happy about it.”

Yup, continuing to put on fights doesn't seem like a good idea

UFC lightweight contender Alexander Hernandez admits that he may have contracted the coronavirus from his head coach, but still planned on fighting anyway.

According to “The Great,” his head coach tested positive for COVID-19, and Hernandez believes he also had it

“My own head coach fell out at one point. He got sick. I thought I caught some sh*t at some point where I just had to fight through it and train. Every time I’d start revving up again, I’d get just insanely nauseous and extremely hot. Getting tested is difficult, so I don’t really worry about that sh*t. It seemed like we were all kind of dropping at one point,” Hernandez said.

“(My head coach) did have it and I was breathing that dude’s air, so maybe. Yeah, maybe I did, but I just f*cked it up, dude. I’m not worried about it. I had to get ready for a fight. I said that’s what I was going to do, and that’s what I did. I’m in the best shape of my life, and I’m ready to take on whatever challenge. I’m ready to take on any opponent that’s available in the states.”

Yeah that was surprising to hear. Thought he'd love the extra time. He also said his training partners been living with him this whole time (Usman being one of them).

Yikes at Hernandez :smh:

That 20k for the London card fighters smh. More than half of that pretty much for fight camp for the higher level fighters. Feel for my man Leon. Dude was less than a week away from the biggest fight of his career and a set up for a title shot. Now he has nothing in sight for possibly the rest of the year |l

Nick Diaz came through on the group chat 8)
C0C610DC-4AAC-445B-8954-D46704EA9E59.png

Back
Top Bottom