The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Only hope is If Till can get the timing on that dip.. he can put him out.. otherwise he getting mopped.

Till isn't doing enough though. He's definitely losing imo

If he comes out tentative in the last round it'll really prove he aint the elite

Seems like it was 4-1 Rob or 3-2 Rob, which means Till is probably winning a split decision.

Honestly coming into the 5th, I thought that if Till seized the round it could be arguably a draw

That one elbow that bloodied Whittaker was huge. The Whittaker takedowns might have saved him really but imo the takedowns in reality did nothing as Till got right back up

Overall I was impressed with Till in the first half of the fight then the second he kind of tapered off

idk how a rematch looks with Izzy. Honestly

I know he used his wrestling tonight but he was reckless 2 or 3 times and got caught. Izzy knows what to do with those moments

The feints were cool he managed to calm down at least outside of those few moments

Yea, Till ain’t ready for Adesanya...that’s not a bad thing...he’s only 27
Still has potential, but honestly he's still been the same kind of fighter throughout his time in the UFC. At this rate he'll just always be in a class below the elite but beating good fighters.

Whittaker proved he still got a chin...happy for him...he took a lot of slander for no reason imo.

the whole washed talk never made sense to me

obviously i waited until after a victory to post this, but i question how much people put into records and what they hear vs what they actually see

the izzy fight was just bad strategy, thats all it ever was to me, he thought he could rush in to bring the fight to him and he paid for it with counters at a distance, hell a few of those rushes during this fight had me nervous for him

like some other fights recently, same strategy - same story

Last edited:

I know he used his wrestling tonight but he was reckless 2 or 3 times and got caught. Izzy knows what to do with those moments

The feints were cool he managed to calm down at least outside of those few moments
With Rob saying Tills feints were giving him problems and leaving himself open too much on some blitzes, I say it'll play out the same way in the later rounds.

I think the Whittaker doubt was rooted in how much respect people have for Yoel. To have to endure 50 minutes of prime Yoel is insane for any human. Then you go into a huge pressure Nationalistic country v country fight against Izzy... really emotional lead up... and get KO'd like that. I mean that's a lot. Then you consider all of the injuries he's accumulated. It's not really a stretch to question him

But he did prove his caliber tonight. Now again, how he looks in a rematch with Izzy, is anyone confident he'd give Izzy problems?

Now when it came down to it, I also had little faith in Till because I think he was overhyped to begin with. But I see a lot of people like Izzy and Hardy hold him in super high regard. So that must mean something

But he did prove his caliber tonight. Now again, how he looks in a rematch with Izzy, is anyone confident he'd give Izzy problems?

im not going to say that he can give him problems, but he has to do what i saw in this fight (i think, trying to rewind it in my mind) in that he pressed till against the cage on a few opportunities, same strategy i think costa has to use against izzy

also whittaker has to stop with those rushes and be more patient

Still has potential, but honestly he's still been the same kind of fighter throughout his time in the UFC. At this rate he'll just always be in a class below the elite but beating good fighters.
It’s not like Whittaker washed him. Till can be elite man

im not going to say that he can give him problems, but he has to do what i saw in this fight (i think, trying to rewind it in my mind) in that he pressed till against the cage on a few opportunities, same strategy i think costa has to use against izzy

also whittaker has to stop with those rushes and be more patient
I agree 100% with this post

At the very least I do agree with you that Rob definitely isn't washed. I believe he could compete with anyone in the division if we're not talking about Izzy

UFC bout to back up the brinks trucks for the Costa fight. A rematch with Whittaker is gonna be a hard sell rn. If Whittaker beats hermansson or another contender he for sure should get another title shot tho

The case on Till is a weird one. He gave a still elite Whittaker a handful. He beat Gastelum though in kind of a whatever performance. He competed with Wonderboy regardless of who people thought won the fight and that Till was overweight

He landed a super clean shot on Jorge. Smart guys and elite fighters heap praise on Till

But then you can also ask... what is his best win? You could say he got throttled by Woodley and KO'd by Jorge. As stated, he beat WB but was controversial and didn't make weight

Reality is he can hang with a lot of elite fighters but does that make him elite. I still think he's waiting for that next signature win to stamp that elite status. His first being the Cowboy fight which put him on a rocket ship

Wouldn't say elite. Would say if this was LW he's in that Felder, Hooker type class.

He throws too many feints with nothing following behind it and uses it mostly to try to get you to the fence. But fighters ain't the same in this class, he can't just try bully these dudes. Also doesn't have any power and barely uses his right. Dudes leg was eaten up early and he never switched once. Shame he's same division with Izzy. Would like to see what a camp at CKB would do for him.

Wouldn't say elite. Would say if this was LW he's in that Felder, Hooker type class.

He throws too many feints with nothing following behind it and uses it mostly to try to get you to the fence. But fighters ain't the same in this class, he can't just try bully these dudes. Also doesn't have any power and barely uses his right. Dudes leg was eaten up early and he never switched once. Shame he's same division with Izzy. Would like to see what a camp at CKB would do for him.
Bruh I was just gonna make that comparison to Hooker

I know Izzy Tweeted that he still wants to fight Till someday... but what does Till have to offer Izzy. I mean Till is really flat footed and he isn't going to bait Izzy into rushing into his elbow like Whittaker tonight

Whittaker said this was the most technical fight he's been in. Hardy said Till would make Costa look silly. Izzy said Till's stand up is beautiful. Again all of that praise has to mean something at some point, I can't disregard it. I just think Till is a lil overhyped lol always has been after that Cowboy win

What you’re saying isn’t wrong but I think Till’s issues are more fight iq related. And that can be improved.

Back
Top Bottom